Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Why,..... Why X wing in black :(

Maybe there's a moment in the movie in which Poe paints his X-Wing black to the tunes of The Rolling Stones' "Paint it Black" :p

Yeah, they are! You can see a small part of the diagonal engines on te back of the transporters in the leaked LEGO images.

I was thinking about that too. I'm just not sure how LEGO would've managed to create this function. However, on the "out of the box" image you can see 1 or 2 black 1x4 black slider bricks where the wings connect to the "cockpit". Could be nothing, but it could also be part of the mechanism to lower the wings.

I'm really looking forward to all the features of the shuttle, especially the entry-hatch on the bottom, the interior and the wing mechanism. I think the craft looks bad *ss.

The only think I don't like about the set: the First Order crew. The extremely plain printing makes them look like 1999 SW minifigs.

I've seen pictures of it folded out including a box with a ghost image depicting the feature.

Might be way off here, but does the 1:1 picture of Kylo Ren on top of the Command Shuttle box show him with the hood? If so, it looks like the mask/helmet is printed onto his head. Hard to make out from this angle though.

No,there still has something the First Order TIE that was different from 9492.

According to the leaked set pictures,the connection section that connect the wings and the cockpit section looks different from 9492.And according to the leaked description,the new TIE can sit two minifigures.So I can confirm that the build is different compared to 9492.

I see your point and I concur it might be nice to put the 2 side by side, but there really is not much new about it to justify spending 60€ imho. But that's just me and I am one of those guys for whom the Snowspeeder model is basically unchanged since set #4500 in 2004. I know there were several models with a couple of changes and tweaks here and there, but I'm not too interested since it's almost the same - for me. I'd rather have something new. Having said that, I think it's great that the TIE and Falcon are not changed too much in the movie. On my shelf, though, I prefer variety. :wink:

I think AC DCs song Back in Black is more fitting.

Maybe there's a moment in the movie in which Poe paints his X-Wing black to the tunes of The Rolling Stones' "Paint it Black" :p

Come on who is lucky to grab the new sw sets asap. I want the millennium falcon badly.

*snip*

Clone Commander Cody looks really great with the sniper rifle. (Although the sniper rifle looks too flimsy)

But,I will only get Ultrabuild Vader and Luke instead,because a real blaster is not match of hockey religions and ancient weapons at your side.

Edited by ArmstrongYong
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

HAHAHA Stop being so butthurt XD i get a kick out of people like you. Trust me, I know what a heated conversation is like on these forums. I just enjoy picking on people who take everything so seriously. You can't deny, its pretty hilarious watching people like you fumble for an argument XP

Gjallarhorns . . . you crack me up. I had you pinned from the start and you reacted pretty much as I predicted to a few friends. It's nice that you enjoy "picking on people" from the safety of your keyboard. If you understood even half of what I said you'd realise that I hardly ever take myself seriously, and certainly don't take people like you seriously. As I said, you crack me up.

Back on theme though it's great to see the images of the new sets. Hard to say which, if any, I'll be buying just yet, apart from the constraction figures. Tie Fighter most likely, and maybe the MF. I may wait and see what next year's UCS sets are first. I fall into the camp that I like to see accurate representations of things, but I'm just not as vocal or openly critical about it because I'm enough of an adult to know that these sets haven't been exclusively designed for my personal pleasure. :wink:

I think AC DCs song Back in Black is more fitting.

Dammit . . . I was going to say that. Poe going for a Tony Stark moment. :wink:

And wilson3a10 . . . it's not fair to post pictures of 'on-shelf' items and then not say where the heck you got it (Springfield Target, PA USA, BTW)! When I find stuff in the UK I post the address of the shop so that local members can go see. :classic:

And final thought - the € is killing me here. It's pretty tough to justify spending that much money. I hope these will be available on Amazon soon, as they definitely need their 20% discount. Shuttle and dropship would set me back 220€ at full retail price, correct? Now that is just way too much. This is Sith-Infiltratorishly high. And I prefer my sets to be Battle of Endorishly or Imperial Shuttle Tydiriumly affordable.

Sith Infiltrator is high because it's about 700 pieces for $99.99 but with the Command Shuttle you're getting 1004 pieces for $119.99 so it's not quite as bad for the price. That's 300 more pieces for $20 essentially. Cheaper would be better of course and Shuttle Tydirium was $109.99 for about 1000 pieces as well. So in reality Kylo's command Shuttle is only $10 more than Tydirium which can be factored by the new molds.

Edit: Actually Shuttle Tydrium is $99.99 so Kylo Command Shuttle is $20 more but you're getting new molds and 2 additional minifigs in addition to 27 additional pieces. Still not as bad as Sith Infiltrator which is $89.99 no new molds and only 660 pieces with only 4 minifigs.

Dammit . . . I was going to say that. Poe going for a Tony Stark moment. :wink:

And wilson3a10 . . . it's not fair to post pictures of 'on-shelf' items and then not say where the heck you got it (Springfield Target, PA USA, BTW)! When I find stuff in the UK I post the address of the shop so that local members can go see. :classic:

"By Mark on August 14, 2015 at 9:53 pm

Posted In: Lego YN reader Chev reports in: I found 5 of these on the shelf at a Target in Springfield, PA, but when I went to check out with one, the computer said it couldn’t be sold until 9/4/15. No luck acquiring it but it looks like they’re already out there! It is set 75108 Clone Commander Cody!"

Seems not officially on sale ATM lol :grin:

It appears that the website which the OP linked to that had the new TFA sets has taken them down. Does anyone have any other links where we can still view the new sets? Thanks.

I like the First Order TIE. I'm just praying that the wings aren't as atrociously flimsy as the last one. This one seem to use triangular plates, which weren't on the older one.

It appears that the website which the OP linked to that had the new TFA sets has taken them down. Does anyone have any other links where we can still view the new sets? Thanks.

Hi, they're still available on FBTB (link) :classic:

I've seen pictures of it folded out including a box with a ghost image depicting the feature.

Rayskull, may I just clarify that you saw the 'tilted outward' function of the wings on KR's shuttle? I was very curious about this as well, as the box suggests the only wing function is the vertical extension/retraction.

Thanks!

Who else thinks the normal stormtroopers should've had black hands? Looks a little odd with those white hands - too much white! Good thing they can be swapped.

It looks a bit odd next to clones and OT stormies, but they're not wrong--the TFA stormtrooper gloves have white palms, and the backs of the hands still have the white armor plate that the OT stormies do. There's a bit of black on the gloves, but they're definitely mostly white now, as you can see in this picture.

Well, im gonna get the falcon. Never had it. Also, im wondering if the new cockpit on the X-Wing is gonna fit on the X-Wing with jek and luke.

Edit: Oh, my, god. Has anyone noticed the X-Wing helmet looks like it has a retractable visor?

Edited by Lego Fett

Any idea how much that the Falcon and the First Order Transporter is going to be?

I believe the Falcon is $150 USD and the Transporter is $90 USD.

I believe the Falcon is $150 USD and the Transporter is $90 USD.

Wooooow, way too much.

Edited by Nekchir

Edit: Oh, my, god. Has anyone noticed the X-Wing helmet looks like it has a retractable visor?

I don't think so. For the visor to head back up into the helmet it would probably interfere with the connection between the head and helmet. The molding of the helmet looks most similar to this figure, I think.

Wooooow, way too much.

I know, right? The whole wave costs $560 USD or something. :cry_sad: I'll probably pick up the X-Wing, Rey's Speeder, and maybe Kylo Ren's shuttle. I'll just BL Finn and Phasma and maybe Old Han.

Rayskull, may I just clarify that you saw the 'tilted outward' function of the wings on KR's shuttle? I was very curious about this as well, as the box suggests the only wing function is the vertical extension/retraction.

Thanks!

Yeah, I think there was some confusion there. I'm guessing Rayskull thought I was talking about the vertical extension showed on the box, not about the "tilted outward" function. However, if LEGO managed to make the wings to both extend and tilt outward, I'll be very impressed by the design.

That transporter costing $90 is a little bit expensive than I expected. But it may be wrong until the play feature of this set is revealed.