Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I agree that there appears to be limited space for minifigures inside,

Really? The fuselage is 8 stud wide and probably three times that long "brick". I would say there's quite a lot space for a couple of minifigs inside.

By the way, who also thinks the 75105 will be a MF?

Edited by Vodnik

Actually, I think you're right. I wasn't thinking clearly in terms of studs and scale. When you look at it like that this really is a large model. I guess the interior will be about 4 studs wide at the front as the hull is 'plated', so thats about 2 studs thickness for each wall.

Really? The fuselage is 8 stud wide and probably three times that long "brick". I would say there's quite a lot space for a couple of minifigs inside.

But there's sure a lot of technique structure inside to carry these immense wings.

I'd say it will be the MF. It's the ship that makes the connection to the OT and everyone loves it, also if it's from ep. VII.

And it's already 4 years since the last falcon.

JediNews confirmed it was the MF months ago; they were told this at a toyfair (I believe the one in the UK) by someone from Lego.

75096 Sith Infiltrator:

Release Date: Aug 2015

Parts: 660

Price: 99,99 EUR

Seems to ne way too expensive, what do you think?

I wouldn't take the Infiltrator if they gave it to me for free. Here's a comparison between the set, and the actual infiltrator:

*snip*star-wars-cls-ii-attk-veh-sith-infiltrator-36789.jpg

The front it too bulky, the shape is all wrong, and all of the gentle curves/slopes are now sharp angles. And above all, the color blocking is just....awful. (and inaccurate).

</rant>

Edited by Lobot
Please don't attach images with 'confidential' watermarks

I wouldn't take the Infiltrator if they gave it to me for free. Here's a comparison between the set, and the actual infiltrator:

star-wars-cls-ii-attk-veh-sith-infiltrator-36789.jpg

The front it too bulky, the shape is all wrong, and all of the gentle curves/slopes are now sharp angles. And above all, the color blocking is just....awful. (and inaccurate).

</rant>

Like the naboo star fighter we don't get a choice: lego will just keep making them

I must have owned at least 2...and they were both awful. It's not a great design and lego seem determined not to try.

Bricklink will provide me the figures...

Those who remark that the leaked TFA set doesn't have any kind of visible cockpit/windscreen, I'd like to point out that the 75057 AT-AT similarly doesn't have any kind of windscreen that the minifigs can see out of, rather it has pieces that make up where the windscreen would be... This could be kind of the same case.

The Sith Infiltrator is just way too chunky. It's a mess. I want to buy it to finally get a new version of Maul (the only one I have is from 1999) but if it is indeed $100 then I will pass.

Hopefully a lot of the problems were fixed. This is a preliminary photo, after all.

Episode one vehicle designs aren't actually bad. Unfortunately Lego just hasn't been able to capture the correct size (AAT and MTT) or beauty of them all (sith infiltrator)

If you think about it, any 'window' is a structural weak point on a space faring vessel, and the pilot, particularly of a heavily armoured assault craft, need only have images projected onto a series of viewing screens. I mean, it's not like TIE fighters and X-wings were fitted with wing or rear view mirrors for dogfighting. I know it's about the aesthetic, but are you serously going to complain about the lack of windows when the scale and purpose of the craft is still uncertain.

I'm looking forward to a new Infiltrator, hoping that it is a better model than previous versions. I'm new to collecting the SW Lego sets after having previously owned (then sadly had to part with) a number of early UCS sets so am picking up some older sets as I go, and 7961 doesn't look too bad compared to the earlier models. But I can see that the only way some people will be happy with any lego interpretation of any vehicle or ship is by creating a MOC. But MOCers can cheat in how they use the bricks. Anyone who has used LDD will tell that not everythign you can do with lego can be replicated on CAD (see my Speeder Bike thread), and if Lego company designers are limited to using an LDD tool for design then there will always be things that we can do on and to our own models that they cannot create 'virtually'.

The front it too bulky, the shape is all wrong
The Sith Infiltrator is just way too chunky. It's a mess.

And what do we know from this ?

Do. Not. Stack. Wedges.

If you think about it, any 'window' is a structural weak point on a space faring vessel, and the pilot, particularly of a heavily armoured assault craft, need only have images projected onto a series of viewing screens. I mean, it's not like TIE fighters and X-wings were fitted with wing or rear view mirrors for dogfighting. I know it's about the aesthetic, but are you serously going to complain about the lack of windows when the scale and purpose of the craft is still uncertain.

I'm looking forward to a new Infiltrator, hoping that it is a better model than previous versions. I'm new to collecting the SW Lego sets after having previously owned (then sadly had to part with) a number of early UCS sets so am picking up some older sets as I go, and 7961 doesn't look too bad compared to the earlier models. But I can see that the only way some people will be happy with any lego interpretation of any vehicle or ship is by creating a MOC. But MOCers can cheat in how they use the bricks. Anyone who has used LDD will tell that not everythign you can do with lego can be replicated on CAD (see my Speeder Bike thread), and if Lego company designers are limited to using an LDD tool for design then there will always be things that we can do on and to our own models that they cannot create 'virtually'.

I guess it wasn't about not having transparent wimdscreens, but you just can't locate the cockpit and window on this new ship.

And you can certainly create highly accurate models without 'illegal' techniques, limitation for designers is in most cases piece count and the need for playability. The last Sith Infiltrator for example had a very accurate shape and less bricks than this new one. And I doubt the final product will be much different from the preliminary pic. The only things that change from prelim to final are figures and small details, i.e. the prelim pic of shadow trooper battle pack was armoured with one of the new spring loaded shooters, the final one has flick fires. Shape stood the same.

I strongly suspect that this is NOT the big V-shaped ship from teaser 2. Pretty clear that that ship's wings don't extend below the fuselage. In that regard, it looks a little bit like the red ship from the concept art with a palette swap. Maybe they are similarly related like TIE Bombers / TIE Advanced are?

We haven't seen 1% of the film yet, there is probably a lot we haven't seen yet. Maybe this is just from the other 99%.

^^ I hope that's the case... and that they are two separate ships because I'm starting to think that the red ship was an early concept of what the final design is seen in this leaked photo "Lead Villain Ship." I was really digging the red color and the WWII bomber 'look'. The red craft would look amazing in Lego form.

However... if this ship's wings were able to slide up and down in variable modes it might explain all the deep grooves and details on the underside of the wing.

Edited by darththeling

The leaked TFA set looks exactly what is supposed to be:

http://i0.wp.com/cod...?resize=640,360

I agree that there are a lot of similarities, but again, as rollermonkey points out; and one of my original points a few days ago;

I strongly suspect that this is NOT the big V-shaped ship from teaser 2. Pretty clear that that ship's wings don't extend below the fuselage...

We haven't seen 1% of the film yet, there is probably a lot we haven't seen yet. Maybe this is just from the other 99%.

Also, when you look at the detaling inside the wing on the lego model it hints at a wider range of purpose, whereas the poster image clearly shows a simple wing structure reminiscent iof the Imperial Shuttle wing - no hint of variable geometry other than being hinged at the fuselage.

Over in the Apokka AT-AT on Jakku thread are these images:

Hey guys,

Now it`s done and my Apoca AT-AT from EPVII cocept art ist finished!

It`s my first AT in minifig scale and the next step ist to build that he can stand

16387181181_3a194806b0_c.jpg

15768912743_5ca7871283_o.jpg

17748399610_36456ac179_b.jpg

All photos you can watch on Flickr and here are the WIP-Thread.

Thanks for watching and hope you like it?

cya

markus

I'm sure I've seen concept art for the little ship in the belly of the AT-AT a couple of times. Anyone have any idea if this is going to be a Winter release model, maybe one of the sets 75100 to 75102? It's one I certainly want to see.

Edited by NNOPMOC

NNOPMOC - Somebody is going to have a fit when they see your post! I don't have a problem with it but others would consider those pics major spoilers.

On another note, does anyone else think we may finally get a new, more accurate cockpit piece with the next generation X-Wing? Hopefully a slightly smaller, minifig-scale version of the UCS cockpit. It has always bugged me how the current, frequently used cockpit has never looked right.

The leaked TFA set looks exactly what is supposed to be:

http://i0.wp.com/cod...?resize=640,360

It does but its quite ugly to begin with, I mean, in that poster it looks like a coffin with oversized tie wings, I think the wings are supposed to lean a few degrees but thats it, if the panels are going to be like this in landing mode and slightly different in flight mode (a nearly imperceptible difference) it makes no sense for its practical purpose (to reduce the space that the vehicle uses in the docking bay), I doubt the lego model will have movable wings, its not their fault on this one, they just had a terrible source material to begin with.

Edited by Nom Carver

I strongly suspect that this is NOT the big V-shaped ship from teaser 2. Pretty clear that that ship's wings don't extend below the fuselage. In that regard, it looks a little bit like the red ship from the concept art with a palette swap. Maybe they are similarly related like TIE Bombers / TIE Advanced are?

I suspect the portion below the fuselage folds inward while in a v shape. And folds down to act as landing gear. I also think it's the same ship.

I'm not sure what red ship you are referring to since the only on I remember seeing as concept art looked more like a tie bomber.

post-76035-0-49063000-1432921813_thumb.jpg

NNOPMOC - Somebody is going to have a fit when they see your post! I don't have a problem with it but others would consider those pics major spoilers.

It isn't "major spoilers" by any means. We've seen photos from Vanity Fair of Rey standing on a downed AT-AT leg... one of the first leaked set photos last year was of an AT-AT foot on its side. And rumors around the ship in the belly of the AT-AT are that it's now an abandoned concept.

Hmmm . . . Given that this thread I was quoting hasn't had any adverse reaction so far, and the MOC is based on concept art, easily Googleable, I think I'm safe quoting another post, don't you?

Hmmm . . . Given that this thread I was quoting hasn't had any adverse reaction so far, and the MOC is based on concept art, easily Googleable, I think I'm safe quoting another post, don't you?

As I said, I personally have no issue with it but I know others were making a big issue of any sort of 'spoiler' being posted in this thread. Just look back a few pages to get a taste of some of the outrage!