Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

MTV has revealed a new '75084 Wookie Gunship' set! Due out in January.

[...]

MTV has revealed the new set 75084 Wookiee Gunship:

[...]

Thanks for the links, guys. :classic:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Really nice looking set! It's nice to be able to get more Wookies too. :thumbup:

Love the set. Not sure if I'll get it, but I'd love to see it in person. and the figs are all amazing looking.

Those large slopes are new; are they not?

If you're talking about the ones on the wings, no. I know that one was featured in the Juniors Batcave set this past year.

So is OT done by 2015? With Rebels having so many new designs begging to be made in Lego and ep7 on the horizon, this may be the last of OT sets.

I'm guessing some more micro sets and then half rebels and half OT sets. By summer next year everything will be ep7 to coincide with the momentous release hype. Then it will be Rebels and ST only for 2016 and beyond.

I think Lego will definitively make the Broken Horn with Vizago and his droids. Along with the Tie Advanced with Inquisitor. Then probably an AT-DP for another set. And then a set with Kallus leading stormtroopers in an Imperial Troop Transport.

Definitely not the last wave of OT. We know how lego loves to remake them. The exclusive next year will most likely be OT anyway, it always is. They haven't even remade cloud city yet. Anyway, the summer wave will definitely not be Episode 7 sets...Four months before the movie? Yeah right. Abrams loves his secrets, so I'm expecting a late November wave or maybe even winter 2016 but I doubt it.

I'm interested in how the new "rapid shooters". They look kinda like the Mahri's Cordak blasters. I wonder how they work? They seem to use normal 1x1 round plates as ammo.

Looks pretty cool, definitely "gunship-y" considering the other recent gunships. The thing that gets my attention though is the set number 75084... Looking at the previous wave set numbers: Winter13 75000-14, Summer13 15-25, Winter14 28-46 and Summer14 48-59/60. So if the Winter15 wave is something like 63-84, that's a lot of sets!

Edited by TitanArch

What an unexpected set. But who's complaining? Since we get.. MORE WOOKIES! WOO!

But to me that ship doesn't feel very wookieish. They've gone from what we saw in EP III to this is quite strange. Unless of course they acquired someones ship :look:

Awesome ship. Looks a lot like a minature Republic Gunship in a way. The wookies look amazing too. I love that we're starting to get a good variety now.

2015 is off to a great start! Can't wait to see what else next year has in store.

Great looking gunship. Awesome looking Wookies! If this set was the set with Sabine, sold. Who am I kidding, I'll buy it for the Wookies.

Great looking gunship. Awesome looking Wookies! If this set was the set with Sabine, sold. Who am I kidding, I'll buy it for the Wookies.

Still don't get why we don't have a Sabine right now, but I'm sure we'll get her in the new wave.

The set itself: great. :thumbup:

The price: not so great. :thumbdown:

Personally, I don't have a solid opinion. I'm not that big of a Lego SW fan, but having more tan pieces certainly would be nice. But that price... :sceptic:

Also, MTV? Wut... :tongue:

(Do they usually have SDCC coverage?)

Nice set in the round. Those large tan curved peices look very cool too. And the minifigs. Hmmm definate maybe to get.

But to me that ship doesn't feel very wookieish. They've gone from what we saw in EP III to this is quite strange. Unless of course they acquired someones ship :look:

I agree. The wooden vehicles might not have been the most Star Wars-esque of designs, but this concept doesn't scream "Star Wars!" to me, either, anyways. I should reserve judgment until I see what it looks like in Rebels, but this set looks more like something I'd expect in an action theme, not SW. Maybe it would pass as a Trade Federation craft, considering the color scheme and the fact that it looks as if it's trying to emulate some kind of hulking animal, but you can't put your finger on what exactly the inspiration is. But it definitely doesn't look like a Wookiee design to me. The catamaran and the ornithopter had a sort of more delicate, not as bulky, but still quite solid look to them, and they looked a lot more like they would come from a forest planet.

Looks very close to the design in the Rebels visual guide. The color is off, looks more olive or light green/yellow but the design is accurate. The design in the book looks the least Star Wars like to begin with, though the galaxy is a huge place. As for authentically wookie, I don't know. I do believe that this set will be popular with kids and afols because we all like wookies.

Well we finally get wookiee warrriors, but they have to come in a set that's $20 bucks overpriced. It would be nice if TLG would make a wookiee battlepack, but we all know that's highly unlikely.

I don't know, considering that TLG has made a lot more wookiees recently, and since it seems like they might be featured in Rebels, it could be a possibility.

I'm guessing it has something to do with a concept like that. Since Rebels takes place five year before Episode IV, it could be that the Wookies have advanced in tech and/or are hijacking Imperial ships to resist the Empire. I'm guessing they'll explain it once the show airs.

I do agree, though, that the older vehicles definitely looked much more wookieish though. That's where I saw some of the charm in the old Episode III Wookie sets, since they weren't the traditional X-Wing type ship model that's been used in a lot of sets (and just SW ships in general) these last few years.

I agree. The wooden vehicles might not have been the most Star Wars-esque of designs, but this concept doesn't scream "Star Wars!" to me, either, anyways. I should reserve judgment until I see what it looks like in Rebels, but this set looks more like something I'd expect in an action theme, not SW. Maybe it would pass as a Trade Federation craft, considering the color scheme and the fact that it looks as if it's trying to emulate some kind of hulking animal, but you can't put your finger on what exactly the inspiration is. But it definitely doesn't look like a Wookiee design to me. The catamaran and the ornithopter had a sort of more delicate, not as bulky, but still quite solid look to them, and they looked a lot more like they would come from a forest planet.

I think this set looks like something out of the Dino line, or maybe even marvel, but yes, I do agree that this set doesn't look Wookie-esque.

Edited by Blackice200

It's 14 years after ROTS, the Wookiees took what they learned from the Clone Wars and probably several years of Imperial oppression and turned their delicate-looking vehicles of ROTS into something more formidable. There! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...until/unless they reveal it's a ship they stole from the slavers that had initially captured them. :grin:

Not crazy about the price, but maybe it'll be on one of those nice sales at Target or TRU to bring it down to $50-55.

Still wishing they'd cave in & use the Toy Story arms & legs for Wookiees. They're among the tallest visible SW species and as minifigs they can't even turn their heads, give them a break!!

I think the price might actually be $60. I remember that it was reported that the AT-AP from last year would be $70, but it turned out to be $60. $60's usually the price of the largest winter wave set too. I'm hoping this was just misreported again.

It's a really nice set too. It sucked that we didn't get any Wookiees in the Kashyyyk Battle Pack this year but I think this set makes up for it!