Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

I could see just The Javelin being a $50 US set. It looks about the same size as the X-Jet. I just hope that Lego's jet will seat more than just a couple minifigs. With mods, my X-Jet seats 5-6, I think. I have Baron Sat's Javelin instructions, and I think his build seats at least 6. I wish Lego would just put out a Hero set consisting of The Javelin and 6 minifigs and then a Brainiac set with a corresponding vehicle and 6 minifigs. I hate having these all inclusive sets where it has to be hero/villain, with one or the other just thrown in almost as an afterthought. I understand why it's done, but it's frustrating as hell.

Edited by Colossus

I could see just The Javelin being a $50 US set. It looks about the same size as the X-Jet. I just hope that Lego's jet will seat more than just a couple minifigs. With mods, my X-Jet seats 5-6, I think. I have Baron Sat's Javelin instructions, and I think his build seats at least 6. I wish Lego would just put out a Hero set consisting of The Javelin and 6 minifigs and then a Brankac set with a corresponding vehicle and 6 minifigs. I hate having these all inclusive sets where it has to be hero/villain, with one or the other just thrown in almost as an afterthought. I understand why it's done, but it's frustrating as hell.

I could see the Javelin and Brainiac ship together exceeding 50$ - perhaps 60$ or 70$. I highly doubt the interior of mine matches Lego's (assuming we get a Javelin), but mine can hold 5 (I guess if they do match I'll just have to tie Aquaman onto the nose :grin: )

legos retiring soon page now has the Supes vs Lex.

Maybe because we will be getting New 52 versions of Supes, WW, and maybe a new Lex

legos retiring soon page now has the Supes vs Lex.

Maybe because we will be getting New 52 versions of Supes, WW, and maybe a new Lex

I'm sure that's why, plus it'll be three years by 2015. :wink:

Anyone think we'll get a Batman V Superman Batcave as the 2012 Batcave still hasn't been retired yet?

Since all 5 of the 2015 sets had to be made last minute I assume it's safe to speculate we'll get 5 sets for BvS (3 at the least) One has to be the Batmobile, then a Batman v Superman fight set, Battle scene at the end of the movie featuring Gal Gadot if it's likely. And MAYBE The Batcave. If you look at the concept art (or fan art as it hasn't been confirmed) of the cave it doesn't look like it'd have play features. But then again we still have 2 years so somethings are bound to change... :wink:

I just saw this mentioned and wanted to throw my two cents into the ring. I actually doubt that all of these sets were made at the last minute. I guess that LEGO could squeeze them out in time for a winter 2015 release, but that would be about six months sooner than usual, and a whole year more than they prefer to have, so getting a DC wave next summer might make more sense if that were the case. At least that's what I'm guessing based on what I remember hearing about set development, or maybe it was just a theory based on the 3D Star Wars releases being cancelled. Anyway, I believe it might be more likely that they were scheduled to be released this summer, but were pushed back when BvS was rescheduled. I think that explains the extra Marvel wave (or rather, the glaring lack of DC sets around the same time) and gels with what they did when The Hobbit was divided further. :def_shrug:

I hope we get a Batman v Superman Batcave, as it will be darker more like the 2006 version. In other words more like a cave not that colourful thing we got 2012. The 12 dollar set will most likely be Batman vs Superman on the rooftop, like the Comic-con teaser.

I hope for the Batman V Superman Batcave to look like the TMNT movie Turtle Lair, except with more memorabilia, a rotating turntable, potential costume display and a giant Batcomputer like the 2006 version.

A Giant Batcomputor is a necessity for a decent batcave. A Robin suit in a display case would look great and to top it all of we NEED an Alfred minifigure

Ah yes I would love a Jeremy Irons minifig, especially the long awaited return of Alfred, that is if the Wayne Manor CUUSOO/IDEAS project doesn't pass review.

Oh and just for completion, put in the T Rex and a giant brick built penny as well. You can't call it a Batcave unless it has the 2 most iconic items in it.

About the Javelin, i think it would be better to only have 3 seats on the front and on the back had 1 bed for injured heroes and a computer.

About the Javelin, i think it would be better to only have 3 seats on the front and on the back had 1 bed for injured heroes and a computer.

I like that concept assuming we get it.

Since all 5 of the 2015 sets had to be made last minute

No no no, thats not what happened. You've been reading into it wrong.

Dark side and Grodd are big figs

The invisible jet comes with the Grodd set and have two spring loaders on each side(which look out of place but never mind), it also has a big mech for Batman and comes with the flash.

The black manta set has a Batsub, a big sub for Manta (that is similar in shape to the old republic battle pack that came out for Star Wars) with a piece of set that has Robin tied up to, with Aquaman rescuing.

The brainiac set has, what I assume is the Javlin, that is basically a sleeker X jet, and comes with Superman, and a braniac drone, and Hawkman.

Also it looks like there is a new Justice League logo for these sets.

Hawkman? Nice, I wouldn't be surprised if they sed the Raven/Eagle Chima headmold for him, which isn't a bad thing of course. I assume the Brainiac set has Brianiac himself?

Any more indications on what type of suits Batman is wearing?

Edited by Cammo

Yes, but remember what he had. And as far as I could tell all Batmen were the usual black one, but Superman was fighting the Hulk so....

Hawkman sounds good, but does this mean Supergirl isn't coming in the Brainiac set afterall? That would be a shame.

I wonder if Robin will be the diving suit variant from the video game. It fits in with the underwater theme of the Black Manta set.

MysteryRobin.png

Superman could be a place holder for her?

And Robin did have some thing on his head, but it didn't look like a divers helmet.

Superman could be a place holder for her?

In which case, maybe the Hulk fighting superman is a placeholder for another character too?