Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

Hook handed Aquaman would have been really cool (though using the trans blue one from the old Alpha Team line works just as well), but I think it's hard to make Flash look like anyone else with the design they've gone with. I'm a die-hard Barry Allen fan, but I can see the current one being used as Wally West. Really the only thing I think that could improve Flash right now is Boots, but we've had that discussion a couple times already. Otherwise, I'm happy with him.

Wally west's suit was generally a darker red, didn't have the chin strap and had the typical 90s whited out eyes, the main thing it would have needed was a different face print.

The lightening print for running would have been a great idea too.

With regards to Robin, you've gotta look at it from a child's perspective. A scuba suit version if Robin would probably be cooler than Mera to your average 8 year old boy. Personally I would prefer Mera (and prefer her to not be in the typical damsel in distress role) but realise we are already being spoiled with the amount of new characters in this wave.

I also think that Robin does look kinda cool with his alternate face printing and all that. Are there pictures for the Braniac set yet?

The Scuba Robin will make for plenty of nice customs at least.

Honestly though, I'd rather it be Robin than any female character in that role. The one thing that really pissed me off about the Lex Luthor mech set was that Wonder Woman was a damsel in distress, especially since that thing is more suited to bring Superman to his knees rather than Wonder Woman. Damsels-in-distress are stupid and gross. Although, the fact that Robin's always being kidnapped is kinda lame, too. Save yourself some parts and make Aqualad the one in peril for once, or give a nice nod to the fans and make it a baby.

Having a baby in danger might be a little too dark for Lego, especially considering the outcome of the source material. I completely agree that having Aqualad instead of Robin would have been cool, but again I'm so pleased with this wave overall that I'm not going to sweat the small stuff on it.

I really hope that this wave does well and gives Lego a bit more confidence in using extended DCU characters. It would be awesome to see more characters year on year. I accept there will always be a 'need' to feature big name characters (batman/superman/wonder woman) but to have them (ideally in cool alternate versions like the 90s energy form Superman) paired with lesser known characters would make the theme all kinds of awesome.

Alfred looks great in that video. Maybe he will show up as an exclusive minifigure at some point. Or there might be a Wayne manor set somewhere down the line.

For those (like me) who can't see the video due to regional issues, here's the new Alfred:

2581jc8.png

I wonder if we'll actually get that Alfred, though. I mean, this special is newer than the images of Alfred from the game, and it doesn't make much sense for these guys to make a new model of Alfred for this when they didn't even use the current style of Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, and the rest of the League, save for Flash and Aquaman. The jury's still out on the Wayne Manor Ideas project, too.

Why go with a new look for Alfred instead of his 2006 minifig? I may be looking into it a bit much but I hope this is a sign that if the Wayne Manor Ideas is approved, we get that Alfred.

I think this Alfred have Frankenstein Head :).

Nah, hes got the old guy head piece.

I think Wayne Manor (+ Batcave) should be the Death Star-set of the DC Superheroes line. Although most of us have had enough with Bats, it's really the most known and popular character of the DC Comics. Put some exclusives in like an animated series Batsuit, Alfred, Robin, blue outfitted Knightwing and 2-3 villains with exclusive printing like a redheaded Jim Carrey Riddler or Rah's Al Ghul and it will sell like hotcakes.

But back to thread topic; I highly doubt that the European pricing will be as good as the American prices. I would be really happy if there wasn't any high mark-ups like the Summer 2014 Star Wars sets for instance.

Well, that's two DC nonphysical designs using the bald cap that we haven't seen yet. I really want that Alfred! Anything to have him! And it would be pretty lame to rererelease the old one.

I really like Scuba Robin. It's high time he got a specialized suit, and it compliments Batman's perfectly.

Edited by 8BrickMario

The Brick Fan is quoting Eurobricks own member Amazingbricks, so actually nothing new here :wink:

I knew I had seen them before.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I know this is off topic but the avengers 2 trailer leaked and its awesome

If you know it's off topic then why bother posting it. Surely you realise that anyone who is interested will be discussing it in other topics. I fail to see what the point of your post is.

Anyway back to the DC LEGO, I wonder whether Flash and Aquaman will have new Facial expressions. I certainly hope so as that way it doesn't feel that I was screwed over, buying the Batboat and Riddler chase.

Anyway back to the DC LEGO, I wonder whether Flash and Aquaman will have new Facial exp<b></b>ressions. I certainly hope so as that way it doesn't feel that I was screwed over, buying the Batboat and Riddler chase.

Honestly, I was hoping they would be the same since I didn't get the Riddler Chase, but I understand that those who did would like them to change for the reason you mentioned. I guess lego really couldn't win on this one (except by adding boot printing). Anyway, we are still getting a ton of new variants and figures, so those two being the same is more than acceptable.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I'm kinda hoping we get new faces for those two, especially Flash. The repeat Flash is super convenient for me regardless, since his head is perfect for a purist Firestorm but I don't wanna be without a Flash. Aquaman's head is pretty much the only kind of expressions I'd expect from him, but Flash had "generally happiness" and "about to tear out your beating heart", so something either more excited or afraid would make for a good variant. Even though we know we're not, it would be cool to get a Flash head with the white eyes.

Giganta is in LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham. How cool would it be to have a giant Giganta minifig? My dream DC set would be a temple on Paradise Island with Wonder Woman, a few Amazons (Phillipus and Artemis come to mind, for WW readers), Cheetah, Giganta, and maybe a third enemy like Circe or Doctor Psycho.

Poor Robin. He never gets any love. My daughter and I watched LEGO DC Super Heroes Unite the other day. It was an entertaining enough watch. I do like how much Disdain Batman has for Superman. Makes me wonder why he even has Robin as a sidekick...Robin becomes the damsel in distress. very odd.

As far as the sets go, definitely worth picking up for the new figures. The prices are good for the most part. Worth it for the figures and I'm glad to see Supergirl will be cheap, unlike Batgirl last year! It's hard to get two of each figure, one for my collection and one for my daughter to play with.