Sign in to follow this  
-Carson Haupt-

Belfast Citadel

High in the mountains, through rocky paths and freezing passes, over mountain pastures and valley villages, lies the Bellfast Citadel. Built as the last bastion of men in the second era by Barwyck the Bull, the castle has never fallen. It's strong walls, and two gates, as well as a tunnel where food can be smuggled in in the event of a siege, has insured that any that live inside will not be taken.

14514940797_78700a482a_c.jpg

14701363775_86375ca235_c.jpg

14721246983_dc31e04e29_c.jpg

14699003314_713ab2cb52_c.jpg

14514711378_1b87dbf627_c.jpg

14514765358_cd58613c50_c.jpg

There are rumors being spread among the citizens that there is an ancient dwarven stronghold nearby.

14701143722_f5082260c9_c.jpg

14721291163_909d8b208e_c.jpg

More photos on my flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92375335@N06/sets/72157645389903049/with/14721291163/

Nice micro scale creation!

Like I have written on flickr before, this reminds me of a mixture of Helm's Deep and the Erebor from Tolkien's books / Peter Jackson's movies.

The little green dragon inside the cave is a nice little detail. :thumbup:

I like the build, the cave, the runes on the front. But I find it a bit too monotone with the large amount of dark grey.

Very nice micro (I too thought of Erebor and Helm's Deep). The fortress really looks like it was carved out of the mountain, and the rockwork is excellent as well.

Nice build! Definitely gives the carved out of the mountain feel. I like the cold mountain stream and snow capped peaks. The runes are great. The whole scene is fantastic! :classic:

Very nice! All of the rock work looks great, very natural. But maybe the very top 1x2 slope bricks should be white too?

I love the cave. Smart use of the baby dragon in micro scale.

good,the runes on the front. But I find it a bit too monotone with the large amount of dark grey.48.gif

Edited by nowledgebos

I'd say you could fix the color issue with some light bley and blue (for the water) without sacrificing anything. I love this build either way, one of the best micros I've seen and one of the only ones that has ever made me feel like trying my hand at this.

Nice micro scale creation!

Like I have written on flickr before, this reminds me of a mixture of Helm's Deep and the Erebor from Tolkien's books / Peter Jackson's movies.

The little green dragon inside the cave is a nice little detail. :thumbup:

Thanks! Those were both inspiration!

I like the build, the cave, the runes on the front. But I find it a bit too monotone with the large amount of dark grey.

Thanks Cara! I think it's pretty monotone too, but I was almost aiming for that to make it appear more wind blown/ cold without involving large amounts of snow. (Which I don't have!)

Very nice micro (I too thought of Erebor and Helm's Deep). The fortress really looks like it was carved out of the mountain, and the rockwork is excellent as well.

Thanks! That's the exact look I was going for!

Terrific! :thumbup:

Thanks a bunch!

Nice build! Definitely gives the carved out of the mountain feel. I like the cold mountain stream and snow capped peaks. The runes are great. The whole scene is fantastic! :classic:

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

good,the runes on the front. But I find it a bit too monotone with the large amount of dark grey.48.gif

Thanks!

I'd say you could fix the color issue with some light bley and blue (for the water) without sacrificing anything. I love this build either way, one of the best micros I've seen and one of the only ones that has ever made me feel like trying my hand at this.

Hmm, good suggestions! If I did it again I'd probably make a section of castle reaching over to the white temple to break up that half of the mountain more. You should definitely try making one, I'd be interested to see your results and they're really fun!

Very Tolkien-y! I love a good micro-build and this is a good one :thumbup: