Bob De Quatre

AG - Rules and FAQ

Thanks those are some great examples pombe and your right I (we) should have fun, my character is currently W.I.P. but I hope to be done and have an introduction vignette up by the end of the week... I've tried to read up on everything but I'll probably have some questions as some things still confuse me a bit.

Edited by Isundir

Could my Sigfig pic please be updated (because LEGO released a Dark Red scarf):

24354050151_c431138bde_t.jpg

Edited by Isundir

Question, is there an end game / win condition in AG? Like if one corporation has the most powerful tech and control of the majority of the galaxy what happens at such a point?

Goal of the game

The main goal for the corporations is to harvest the maximum of the 3 resources:

• water.png Water: Highly needed for the survival of humanity
  • awesomnium.png Awesomnium: A precious metal that is used in spaceship's construction
  • biomass.png Biomass: All sort of biological stuff to nourish employees and that scientists will study

Top level technologies will require some rare resources that can only be found on one planets of the galaxy, or that can be rewarded by challenges:

• gold.png Gold: A valuable metal with many applications in technology and science
  • copper.png Copper: An ancient metal which all stocks have been lost a long time ago
  • mithril.png Mithril: The hardest metal ever found

The three final techs pretty much say "you win the game". As a member of staff, I now know what may happen after this point, but I'm not allowed to tell you :look::classic:

If I am building for a corporation, with a character including custom parts as my sigfig, and I decide I also want to do some alien builds, does my alien character count as a "sigfig," with access to custom parts?

Corporation builders can build alien builds but they don't have an alien sigfig. If you decided to do an alien build you can't also do a weekly build for your corporation so its usually better to build for your corporation. There are dedicated alien builders with alien sig figs but they can't build for the corporations. I hope this helps.

I'm not sure about the custom parts though. A judge might be better to answer that question.

Corporation builders can build alien builds but they don't have an alien sigfig. If you decided to do an alien build you can't also do a weekly build for your corporation so its usually better to build for your corporation. There are dedicated alien builders with alien sig figs but they can't build for the corporations. I hope this helps.

I'm not sure about the custom parts though. A judge might be better to answer that question.

Thanks. That basically answers my question - I do intend to focus on my corporation character, so the alien question is irrelevant. Thanks!

If you join Octan, you could be part of the Merchant Confederacy, a bunch of alien anarchist, so... kind of. Just pick a planet and we'll make Jhuyser Corp. a proud subsidiary of Octan

Is it possible to create your own government?

I think its up to you to tell the story. You could be assigned as a governor of a planet of your choice if you join MANTIS. Each week you can add to your Mantis colony or city.

Is it possible to create your own government?

You could also join as an alien and be the ruler of you own civilization trying to destroy the invading corporations.

Or you could join Kawashita, the only group which doesn't rely on low bribery to attract members :hmpf_bad::tongue:

Or you could join Kawashita, the only group which doesn't rely on low bribery to attract members :hmpf_bad::tongue:

23824858923_4fb9d6801f_s.jpgI am Ender, 2nd Branch Executive of Kawashita, and I approve this message! :thumbup:

Or you could join mantis and be a badass instead of a random worker in a corporate monster.

20229736269_a60d4633bb_t.jpg

It's clear that corporations have gotten a bad reputation amongst the working class, especially large and successful ones, like Octan, which admittedly tend to appear faceless. However, you need to remember one thing: corporations are people, too.

Stop and think about that for a second and realize what that really means. It means that corporations are people made up of people, like how Transformers combiners are Transformers that are made up of other, smaller Transformers that have merged together for a single goal. Are Transformers such as Devastator or Bruticus or Predaking not considered badasses? I think they are quite badass.

And when they merge together, do you see the five faces of the Combaticons that merged to form Bruticus? No, you only see the face of Bruticus. Bruticus is still far from faceless.

As CEO of Octan's Andromeda division, I make it a priority to merge with fellow employees as often as I am able. In fact, I do have parts that can be inserted into other employees, and vice versa, that allow us to combine and become a larger, single, and more powerful employee. And together, we are much more than the sum of our parts, much like Bruticus or Devastator.

So join Octan, and merge with us in order to become a true badass. Afterall, who doesn't want to be more like Bruticus?

I have read some disturbing things this week about the companies doing horrible things to each others civilians and soldiers. I'm afraid it could escalate if no one do something. So I'm quoting Raven from More Action:

24275701756_3c48facf87_o.jpg Don’t disrespect your opponents.

23673626194_ee5e0673ae_o.jpg What? We can kill them but not trash talk them?

24275701756_3c48facf87_o.jpg Exactly. They aren't monsters or idiots, only on another side.

This is companies fighting for resources. This “war” is because of violations to agreements. Sending battleships at each other seams a little wasteful but somewhat justified given the enormous profits but attacking the populations and calming the other side have raped civilians or desecrated corpses have no place in this game. I won't name anyone but I think both of you know who you are.

We have the ability to portray other companies in our builds but let's do that with respect.

Yeah I know who I am, and I think it was a legitimate plot point. If you have something you need to say to me about it, do it directly, or I'm glad to listen to the admins if I violated some rule

I could have posted in your thread but another player had already responded similarly and I was afraid the this weeks builds would get even worse so I decided to take it here to make sure everyone understood the problem. This wasn't only about you, I was trying to steer away from a bad development of the game.

We have the ability to portray other companies in our builds but let's do that with respect.

That's the key thing I think. Just like with other players' characters, i.e. you shouldn't make any major developments or changes in their story without asking first. If you want to say that your corporation has started doing something awful, then that's one thing (you should still check with your team mates first!), but you shouldn't impose that detail on another corporation.

EDIT: Oh, and if it wasn't clear, EpsilonEta was speaking on behalf of all the AG staff.

Edited by Big Sal

So I can't portray MANTIS as "Mean And Nasty Trained Invasion Soldiers" but most builds by other corporations depicting Octan can make us out to be dopes and cuckolds?

And I don't believe a default judge is the same thing as EU admin staff. Am I wrong about that?

AG staff aren't the same as EB Admin staff. No one's saying that EB rules were broken, or even that any written AG rules were broken. We're just trying to guide the game away from becoming too unpleasant.

You can depict MANTIS as mean and nasty all you like. Depicting them as rapists is significantly more than that, and significantly worse than Octan being depicted as dopes. I don't really think that needs explaining, but you can PM me if you want to debate it.

I speak as an ordinary builder.

I personally don't have any problem with you interpreting the name as Mean And Nasty Trained Invasion Soldiers, but calling us all rapers is extreme.

Depicting the other corporations as dopey is something most of us are probably guilty of, and this game is generally pretty mild (except for trash-talking). I don't see a problem with introducing some darker stories to the universe, (I've brainstormed some myself) but if there needs to be a group that takes advantage of colonists, don't apply that label to another group of builders without asking them. You're probably best of creating an entirely new group (Like raven's Dust Demons).

Personally I think darker stories have their place but sexual assault should probably be left out of it. This is an online RPG focused around children's toys after all. :laugh:

I only noticed one potentially offending build this week (goatmans, I feel fine singling him out as he posted in this thread admitting he knew he was one of the people being called out) but what was the second one? :look: