Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Castle 2007 Armies

I have to say that I'm really enjoying the new 2007 Lego Castle Theme. Legions of the Undead, Royal Knights, Dragons, and a new Wizard: what more could we have hoped for??? OK, perhaps a Castle Village, but I may be building one of those myself; not to mention the return of the Wild West theme (but now I'm just dreaming).

So, you've already seen some image reviews from Yoda and Jay, but how about some armies preparing for battle.

Both Armies:

dsc00001.jpg

Legions of the Undead (great name, isn't it?)

dsc00002.jpg

Close-up of the Skeleton Knights. You've got to love those eyes. If they had been green, I would really have to wonder???

dsc00003.jpg

A dragon's eye view:

dsc00008.jpg

The Royal Army. I love the colors, the shields, and most of all, the metalic helmets:

dsc00004.jpg

dsc00005.jpg

I love the archers. I always hated these helmets in dark grey/stone, but in the light metalic color, they are excellent:

dsc00006.jpg

Dragon eye's view of the Royal Army:

dsc00007.jpg

And the Wizard - *y* wizard2.jpg

I must say that this is a terrific theme. I can't wait to see the 2nd line-up.

the figs are definitely the best part of this theme... and both sides make great armies.

i think its funny how your princess is even a warrior on the battlefield :-D

but she has no weapons :'-(

i wish my toy stores around here had these (i can't wait to redo Shiversdale)...

did you get them from S@H B ???

- Brick Miner

Very nice army you have there! I can't wait to grab some more of the humans myself...

Just one tip though, the put the archers in the back, and the knights up front. :-)

i think its funny how your princess is even a warrior on the battlefield :-D

but she has no weapons :'-(

- Brick Miner

When I look at the voting in the Miss Legoland Pageant-poll she

i wish my toy stores around here had these (i can't wait to redo Shiversdale)...

did you get them from S@H B ???

I ordered some of the sets from SAH and also bought a few at my local TRU. TRU had all the sets (even the smaller ones that Lego SAH has on backorder.

Just one tip though, the put the archers in the back, and the knights up front. :-)

I would say these are more along the line of crossbowmen with much shorter range.

Good quote for the day from Asuka - "New Castle On".

TRU had all the sets (even the smaller ones that Lego SAH has on backorder.
thanks for the tip, i'll have to try again... i don't want to wait until after the 15th (backorder date).

- BM

thanks for the tip, i'll have to try again... i don't want to wait until after the 15th (backorder date).

Shiversdale... :'-(

This is what I'm wanting! And I'd just like to add, I can certainly wait for the second line-up. I still need to collect these! If, after I've bought one of each of these sets, I have more money, I think I'll get some more Crossbow Attack sets. They're great, for such a cheap price you get 2 human soldiers, a Skeleton troop with Skelorse, and a ballista! Excellent. *y*

EDIT: Now you just need King's Castle Siege! :-D

Edited by iamded

If, after I've bought one of each of these sets, I have more money, I think I'll get some more Crossbow Attack sets. They're great, for such a cheap price you get 2 human soldiers, a Skeleton troop with Skelorse, and a ballista! Excellent. *y*

Agree. I think it's a best value set.

EDIT: Now you just need King's Castle Siege! :-D

$100 USD. I'm going to wait a bit for the castle. I know it's a nice set too.

Lovely, just lovely. I'm also going to create a huge army of undead by buying multiples of the smallest sets, so meanwhile, I'll also make a human army.

Shakar

oh this is bad, this is very bad. This is all happening quicker than i thought, i'm gonna miss the boat completely on these then ill be buying from secondary markets. Secondary Markets, the scalpers of bricklink that load up on these sets and sell them at 150% of the original price.

oh this is bad, this is very bad. This is all happening quicker than i thought, i'm gonna miss the boat completely on these then ill be buying from secondary markets. Secondary Markets, the scalpers of bricklink that load up on these sets and sell them at 150% of the original price.

Oh, you've got a while to buy these sets. They're not even out in most stores yet. They'll be around.

I got my 7009 Final Joust yesterday and I must admit it is a great small set. I bought it as a "filler" so the seller only had to give back

I got the little crossbow set yesterday. The joust was the main one I wanted, but it was all sold out. I really like the new soldiers. The torsos, the helmets, the fact they're not purple... I'm not too fond of the skeletons, but I can live with them...

I have 20 bucks (not that much, the Catapult set costs 20), and the sets still aren't here yet (checked yesterday). I suppose that's a good thing, gives me more time to save up. Man, I need a job! :-P

Nice army- why is that princess among the common troups? Shouldn't she be up front where all those skellies can see her pretty new dress?

Nice army- why is that princess among the common troups? Shouldn't she be up front where all those skellies can see her pretty new dress?

Good question. I just stuck her there until I raise her up on some sort of pedastal. The dress doesn't fit real well on the horse. This is just an army in progress as I intend to buy more troops.

Excellent army. Like many other EB members I also plan to amass tons men to build my armies up. The 3vil skeleton faces look best in a scorpion helmet, IMO. I still think the skelly arms look too long and scrawny, so TLC better design a proper arm in the next few years. (one that resembles the classic arm design with the addition of "arm clip".)

I must say that this is a terrific theme. I can't wait to see the 2nd line-up.

The first line isn't even out in regular stores yet and you're already excited about the second round. X-D

Steve

The first line isn't even out in regular stores yet and you're already excited about the second round. X-D

Steve

Sure, I just purchased the castle today, so I have the entire collection now. I'm looking forward to seeing what else Lego plans to do with the theme. I can patiently wait, but I am looking forward to seeing more sets from the theme.

Oh, and Berry. I agree with you in regard to the skeleton arms, but I still like them. They are 100 times better than the old skeletons. *skull*

I still think the skelly arms look too long and scrawny, so TLC better design a proper arm in the next few years. (one that resembles the classic arm design with the addition of "arm clip".)
im wondering, is anyone going to try the original battle droid arms for the skeletons (in white of course) ???

it's basically the same piece, except the old arm is bent slightly, and the clip is going the other way. i know wouldn't be optimal for holding weapons, but it would at least look shorter.

have you tried this B ???

- BrickMiner

Nice army you've got there TheBrickster *y* . You practicly have all sets, don't you?

@Shakar, nice avatar and sig :-P .

Regarding Castle 2007 armies, I'd like to point out this.
:-D the black horses look like anklesaurus (spelling ???). im not sure i like them.

i'd like to see this barb configuration on a white skeletal horse... might look better.

- Brick Miner

Nice army you've got there TheBrickster *y* . You practicly have all sets, don't you?

@Shakar, nice avatar and sig :-P .

Thanks. :-) I thank Lego for the awesome drawings and the quote I used for my avatar and sig.

You root for Crownies? I root for Skellies. *skull*

Shakar

Edited by Shakar