Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

[SoNE free build] "The Aftermath"

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

"After a brief and bloody battle, we chased the remaining rebels through the hallways of a mining facility, the outcome of the battle was eight enemy casualties and three wounded, while our troops did not suffer a single scratch, of course, this actions did call upon the attention of our command officer which introduced us to the shadow trooper commander deployed on the field, it seems that we may be working together on our next mission, this wouldn't be the first time we do so but this time we will take part on the action and not just providing support, I have a bad feeling about this..."

UPDATE:

14372403088_87275acb9a.jpg

P1010004 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

14535913496_a646852654.jpg

P1010015 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

14372555097_fd92cc5c43.jpg

P1010019 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Its mainly inspired by Polis Massa arquitecture, I hope you liked it, C&C are whelcome.

Great build, you're very good at the "underground" look. But, um ... aftermath of what? I think I missed something here.

Great scene you show us here, and the story is great too!

Good job!

markus

Thanks for your kind coments, I just added a few modifications, tell me how does it look better.

Great build, you're very good at the "underground" look. But, um ... aftermath of what? I think I missed something here.

The aftermath of this:

14372395988_1c36ffe5ef.jpg

P1010024 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Nice little MOC, I like the SNOT build and the general shape of all the curves. It's an interesting architecture style, though Polis Massa looks even smoother. Maybe try tiling the studs on bottom of pillars for a start. The use of tan and dark tan on the floor is great, but just barely makes it colorful enough. Adding some more glass elements or lights in light trans blue would look good I think. As for the holes on the back wall - are those supposed to be debris from firing? They look too aligned and they're to close ot each other. I'd sugest using a technique markus used in his firing exercise MOC. But in either case, I'd suggest another line of bricks behind the wall to cover the holes and not make the wall see through.

Keep up the good work!

Nice little MOC, I like the SNOT build and the general shape of all the curves. It's an interesting architecture style, though Polis Massa looks even smoother. Maybe try tiling the studs on bottom of pillars for a start. The use of tan and dark tan on the floor is great, but just barely makes it colorful enough. Adding some more glass elements or lights in light trans blue would look good I think. As for the holes on the back wall - are those supposed to be debris from firing? They look too aligned and they're to close ot each other. I'd sugest using a technique markus used in his firing exercise MOC. But in either case, I'd suggest another line of bricks behind the wall to cover the holes and not make the wall see through.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, master (what :look::wink: ?), I appreciate your advice, regarding to the holes, you are right, I should have covered the rear of them and made something similar to markus, but the problem with the glass is that I dont have any piece that could do the job, regarding to the tiling, I finally reorganized my bricks in a way that i could access to them easier so now I may start experimenting with some other techniques, in the future I will try to use some of the smart concepts of yours on my next creations, thanks again and glad you liked it.

...Maybe try tiling the studs on bottom of pillars for a start...

Yep, not surprised that that's your first suggestion :wink:

Nom, while there are a few things that could be changed (already mentioned by others) I think this is an incredible freebuild overall! I like the different architecture and the colors you chose. I also really like your pillars.

Yep, not surprised that that's your first suggestion :wink:

Nom, while there are a few things that could be changed (already mentioned by others) I think this is an incredible freebuild overall! I like the different architecture and the colors you chose. I also really like your pillars.

Thanks MK, the next time I will fill those holes for sure, how could I have forgotten markus's technique?

Nice little vignette!

Like MstrOfPppts said before, the holes caused from blaster shots could be done better.

But If you want to stick to this technique, I recommend another line of bricks behind the holes, so that you can't see through the wall.

Nonetheless it's quite a nice creation.