Hello dear guys!

As i promised i'm opening this thread to show you the process of building the moc you helped me choosing :)

I don't like too much WIP threads because i'm never sure the project won't turn in a failure at the end ahah

btw

features:

RC

openable doors hood and trunk (hopefully as close as possible to the real one)

front independent suspensions with a nice turning angle

openable front lights with maybe LED lights

tubolar chassis

interiors

so as you may assume by a quick look at this image, the scale will be really small

2 RC motors mean that this car will be overpowered lol....once finished i'd like to see if i can turn it from a 1:1 ratio to a 2:1 while keeping its drift abilities.

I won't put rear suspensions as they wouldn't fit and actually there's no need to add em...

I've checked the blueprints and the proportions between wheel diameter and axle lenght and they are perfect :P (how lucky)

in between the 2 rc motors there will be one of the two lipo batteries...the second one will be placed in the front for a better weight distribution

now i have to find a place to put the IR recivers

there's no differential as the two motors will drive the wheels independently

hope you like it and mainly i hope it will come good

4takbp.jpg

Looking forward to seeing some progress, you make really great models!

And the Stratos is one of my favourite cars! :thumbup:

You see my last video on youtube. I use only one Buggy motor with ratio 1:1 so you can put a higher increase by two motors. You will run a lot :laugh:

Edited by gsia17

So here's the front axle...

i wanted to add kingpin inclination but this way is simpler

the steering rack is upside down so i can attach it directly to the servo

the second lipo battery will be placed right after the steering rack so there's space for interiors

now i need to connect the front and rear axle and the chassis is done ^-^

do753m.jpg

So here's the front axle...

i wanted to add kingpin inclination but this way is simpler

the steering rack is upside down so i can attach it directly to the servo

the second lipo battery will be placed right after the steering rack so there's space for interiors

now i need to connect the front and rear axle and the chassis is done ^-^

do753m.jpg

The problem of this steering system is visible to me: servo rotates 90 degrees. Your steering axle will rotate only 45 degrees each direction. Servo will be stalled in the 45 degrees position, and after that motor will try to rotate axle till 90 deg increasing rotating power and eating larger amount of electricity. At the end servo will eat so much current in cooperation with buggy motor at the second channel, so receiver turn the protection on.

Another problem I met in the same configuration - servo can deform front suspension while increasing strength of rotation, so it suspension arms cant work free with turned wheels.

Edited by rm8

not if i gear the servo down to 1:2 :P

Ok, thats good. But it impossible to save center position of wheels using 2 gears

Edited by rm8

Why not a single link, instead of all those gears? Less backlash and more reliable. I did it here (using 9398 parts):

9271424989_6a8a1e2bc0_c.jpg

Edited by VMLN8R

well i have to keep in mind the body and the interiors so the only option i have is this

now i need to tidy everything up and strenghten it

mrrb6r.jpg

This looks very good. Now you only need to reinforce the chassis and make a fine body ;)

Off-topic: Is your computer an Asus N73J with 18.4" Full HD screen and it has a extra space for a 3.5" intern HDD?

i'm not going to use only two gears :P

this is the gearing i will use

1zzqcr5.jpg

You don't need second (red) 8t gear. Just rotate 20t bevel and 8t gear by 45 degrees. :classic:

My supercar and new MOC use this.

001%20(800x450).jpg

thankk you madoca :)

i've found a smaller way to make it

btw...i've tried having a ride with this chassis and i can say it's probably the most uncontrollable beast i've ever made lol

as i thought at the beginning it's overpowered

and i absolutely love it hahah

need to tidy up the atachment between the chassis and the front axle but i will do it tomorrow :)

4u9ftc.jpg

thankk you madoca :)

i've found a smaller way to make it

btw...i've tried having a ride with this chassis and i can say it's probably the most uncontrollable beast i've ever made lol

as i thought at the beginning it's overpowered

and i absolutely love it hahah

need to tidy up the atachment between the chassis and the front axle but i will do it tomorrow :)

4u9ftc.jpg

Try making the IR reciever symmetrical to your model, on the back, not on top on the right.

Make it in the middle, or it looks odd

Try making the IR reciever symmetrical to your model, on the back, not on top on the right.

Make it in the middle, or it looks odd

If it's in the middle there's no space for the interior though?

That chassis looks like a lot of fun, I'm still looking for cheap RC motors :grin:

Edited by legomuppet9

no but that was only a try i just mounted the recivers roughly to test it :)

they will be in the middle on top of the rc motors and the reciver will be included in the roof

so the chassis seems to be finally ready...maybe i'll do minor changes here and there whn i'll start the body :)

the red plates on top of the recivers will be a part of the roof...so that's gonna be the maximum height of the model

hope you like it

oh btw...its performances are insane XD

w4hf7.jpg

30sbww1.jpg

2wftsht.jpg

proportions check

2hcj6ki.jpg

Edited by piterx

This thing is a beast! I'm impressed with how well you've packed the motors, batteries, and steering in there. Looking forward to seeing your continued progress!

How are you going to do all the curves in the bodywork? Flex axles, or liftarms, or brick-built?

thank you man :)

i will use flex axles for the body so i can keep it light and tidy :)

in the meanwhile im starting modelling the back of it...obviously it's not going to be the final look lol

i need to find a way to make the whole rear part openable, i guess it has to be one single piece with rear fenders and rear bumper

2cg07k2.jpg

Ok, thats good. But it impossible to save center position of wheels using 2 gears

You can make a totally centered position using a 12 and a24 tooth gears on an L shaped beam.

May be you want to show us a video with this chassis... It must be fast and fun :sweet:

here it is :)

maybe two rc motors are a little bit too much XD

Edited by piterx