This is so natural looking and all the lovely bright colors! Awesome work, wish I could live in such a place, chill under palms swim in the lagoon :sweet:

Wow that vegetation! So much variation, almost all plants are different

Great MOC Mark - the landscaping and vegetation are top-notch as usual. I paricularly like the waterfalls, they work perfectly in this context.

Nice evocotve scene. I love the variety of textures and terrain types.

God Bless,

Nathan

This is an excellent build, Mark and exactly the sort of theme I love!

Many have commented on some of the impressive main features already but you can really imagine the characters rediscovering this temple deep in the jungle. At first look, the scene appears to be an idyllic utopia, undisturbed by outsiders with the bright water flowing and verdant foliage surrounding the temple. However, we are then drawn into the menacing, intricate stonework and the explorers either bravely (or naively) about to enter a more sinister environment. Will their quest result in untold riches or does disaster await?

Looking more closely at the characters, I like how the two companions to the central character appear to be more native to the area while still using the traditional yellow heads and hands. I'd also like to know if the machetes are from actual Lego sets or if they are custom parts?

It is MOCs like this which really make me hope we will soon see the return of an Adventurers theme. As your set shows, there is a far greater colour palette available now than the original line (I think the dark tan rocks here are a perfect use of more recent colours). The original line resulted in so many incredible new parts and I would love for this to continue, in particular as the original Amazon/Jungle subtheme perhaps could have been better. I feel that a Jungle Quest theme using a similar concept to this MOC would provide us with more creatures, foliage and iconic characters to appeal to all.