Rick

10244 Fairground Mixer

My local Lego store had the bright idea of displaying the mixer motorized and putting the PF motor kit on the table and shelves next to the Mixers.

^Probably not an idea generated by your local store...

I just saw on Brickset that they are adding a 'Fairground Mixer Collection (5003588) which includes a motor and battery with the set. I thought all along that should of been the way it came. Its not on S@H in the USA yet, the UK price is £149.99.

Finally got around to picking this up and finished building it tonight...

Wow. The smaller truck and the fair stuff that stows on it are just OK, but the white semi and mixer itself are FANTASTIC.

So awesome. :wub:

Go to the lego website, pull up the instructions and go through them. That should give you a good idea. I have it, it's no longer on display and on a scale of one to ten, it's somewhere in the middle, I definintely wouldn't stretch my lego budjet to buy it.

I am probably planning to get this but I wanted to ask is this set worth getting it?

That's a personal decision. I like amusement parks, they were my hobby for over a decade, and I've been to over 400 of them around the world. I was getting this set no matter what, but There are other things about the set that might interest other people.

I am probably planning to get this but I wanted to ask is this set worth getting it?

Yes. It worth buying this set. It has maaannny cool feature and when you build it you feel how great this set is.

I built mine 2 weeks back and made a thread here in EB. You might want to check it too!..:-)

Edited by VintageLegoEra

I have a question, doe anybody have a picture of the fairground mixer with the ballon cart? I really want to see if they blend together well or not.

I don't have a picture, but the only real issue is that the balloon cart is unrealistically large/tall. (The push handle is eyeball-high on a minifig.) If you can deal with that, then it's a great fit.

I have a question, doe anybody have a picture of the fairground mixer with the ballon cart? I really want to see if they blend together well or not.

I will try making one for u. Yes, it will look awesome with the set and it blends very well!

Can someone confirm how much space this set takes to display? Will it fit in a row of base plates or would it have to be two base plates deep?

Can someone confirm how much space this set takes to display? Will it fit in a row of base plates or would it have to be two base plates deep?

For a proper display you will need 2 baseplates 32x32 so you have have all the parts neat looking

Someone on the Brickset forums is reporting that there will be a follow up to this next summer in the form of a Ferris Wheel.

Someone on the Brickset forums is reporting that there will be a follow up to this next summer in the form of a Ferris Wheel.

seriously? ?

COOOL

Triple threat in everyone's wallet for AFOLs that buy creator. Modulars, winter village, and now carnival theme.... How lovely :(

February 17, jackson05 on the Brickset forums reported a new fairground ride "of a similar concept to the #10196 Carousel" would be coming out in the summer. Clearly we're a little ahead of schedule to be hearing about the next installment so soon.

wow a new ride would be so cool!

I loved building it, but I must confess that although the idea of how everything is supposed to get in the truck and all is very cool, I could have done without it, same as with the fence. I guess when I am more confident building I would try to put it on another base.

I really liked this set! As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it! :grin: I think that the price should have been more like $130 USD but It was worth it! I like that they included the other fair games! it was also great to have everything functioning! I thought that the glow in the dark was a great finishing touch as well! I hope they make more fairground sets in the future! :excited: