WetWired

Ghostbusters: Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

The follow up to my Ghostbusters: 30th Anniversary Project, The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!

This has been in progress since I finished the Ecto-1 last year but the Firehouse and lack of pieces prevented me from finishing it until recently.

After a long wait for parts to arrive, only to discover I needed more, then wait again, he's finally complete!

Larger pics on my Flickr Page Here

Vote for it on CUUSOO Here

13902905225_24fb230cf1_c.jpg

13903326954_986f51433f_c.jpg

13902953343_8bdde09a1e_c.jpg

13903301504_ffb9a48423_c.jpg

13903015613_5d5e78ac5d_c.jpg

Supported as well! Not sure if LEGO will be willing to do a second set, it will probably depend purely on the sales of the Ecto-1.

Edited by montyofmusic

I must say that is pretty awesome. It might be just a bit too large for Cuusoo though they seem to be all about smaller sets.

Lego. If you're reading this...

...PUT THIS AWESOME CREATION INTO PRODUCTION ASAP. OR SOONER!!!

Edited by grum64

Anyone who wants to see this (or any other Ghostbusters set) get made, BUY THE ECTO-1 :)

Holy mother of epicness, its absolutly awesome!!!!

Holy mother of epicness, its absolutly awesome!!!!

Sweet! How many pieces are in that thing?

I'll have to get back to you on that, I'll have to do a rough count without taking it apart.

Supported as well! Not sure if LEGO will be willing to do a second set, it will probably depend purely on the sales of the Ecto-1.

Yeah I think it would be heavily dependant on the sales of Ecto-1 and I think the stay puft would most likely need to be scaled down too.

The members of BrisBricks are all hoping that we will be able to have WetWired show off the SPMM at our Pine Rivers Expo in early June.

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing this in the flesh against the fire station and with the car in the front. If WetWired brings this to the Expo, it will certainly be a huge crowd pleaser.

It certainly has attracted my vote; I wonder what other minifigs he has in mind?

...and I think the Stay-Puft would most likely need to be scaled down too...

No worries, If you make it just 25% less in every dimension, it will still be very big, and the price will be reduced by over 57%...!

Or if you make it just 20% less in every dimension, the price will be reduced by almost 48%...!

I think we've all seen how the cost increases/decreases cubically with 3-D models.

Oh, hey, plus, When is the Ecto-1 car scheduled for release? Can't wait!

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

When is the Ecto-1 car scheduled for release? Can't wait!

I believe that it is due for release in early June.

Whether this is worldwide, I am not sure.

No worries, If you make it just 25% less in every dimension, it will still be very big, and the price will be reduced by over 57%...!

Or if you make it just 20% less in every dimension, the price will be reduced by almost 48%...!

I think we've all seen how the cost increases/decreases cubically with 3-D models.

Oh, hey, plus, When is the Ecto-1 car scheduled for release? Can't wait!

June it comes out.

I did a very rough estimate tonight, it's around 1800 pieces.

It sounds like a lot but some of that is due to parts where I could have used one piece but instead used 2 that were cheaper to achieve the same result, as you said, scaling it down would reduce it considerably, I think some of the legs and arms could be done with single larger cylindrical pieces and even the hands could be replaced with those 1 piece ones, that alone would save about 50 pieces.