CM4Sci

Mixels 2014 Discussion

Guys, I've just posted some additional (story) information on the Mixels from the catalogue on the BZPower front page, you may want to check it out. :wink:

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

The new Mixel sets seem rather nice, but still akwardly-proportioned as can be; that's probably to be expected and is most likely the intent. The Nixels sound significantly more interesting than the news of more Mixels, though. I guess we'll get some info on what those look like later.

I'm really starting to like the direction this is heading. Hopefully the TV show will be equally good.

Interested in the Nixels. Monochrome sets would be kind of interesting.

Well, considering their price, thery're certainly a cheap way to get your hands on those nice new ball joint pieces for system.

As I took a peek in retailer catalogue it seems we will be getting new element tribes in later waves.

Sadly I saw only the drawings of them on the main Mixels page- but I can assume we will be getting Ice tribe- One scorpion-mixel had Ninjago energy blades on tail and was freezing the water.

and Grass/Plant/Wood tribe as many green /brown mixels had plants and flowers on their bodies.

From the first wave- I have to get the rock ones. Great enemies for rockriders/power miners!

Anyone noticed hand-drawed black an white package on those bags? That's quite a mystery, right there!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

whoa. didn't realize that mixels now included in action figures theme. they are all so cute, and pretty cheap at that.

and, wait, series 3? where's series 2?

Huh...Like all the mixel sets, these don't seem too interesting, but whatever the parts are that make up the earth monsters legs are (they seem like spines) and the reversed version of the 1x1 plate with downwards tooth that also seems to appear in that set seem like interesting parts. The purple mixels, surprisingly enough, don't interest me that much, but the fact that one of the green mixels (the one on the right) appears to have green starfish for hands is amusing.

Oh my God. They're so adorable!!!

I. May have to get them all. And have an army of the little guys.

I feel like I shouldn't be this excited for this theme, but I can't pass up something that cute.

Ah, didn't knew there's already a thread for these little guys, otherwise I'd bothered myself with uploading the pages from the German catalogue, but now I'm too late for that. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to these guys. Mostly because of the parts since they are a great way of increasing my collection of small-scaled ball joints, but also because of their designs. They are very creative and unique.

I really hope the mysterious wave 2 contains some azure.

Huh...Like all the mixel sets, these don't seem too interesting, but whatever the parts are that make up the earth monsters legs are (they seem like spines) and the reversed version of the 1x1 plate with downwards tooth that also seems to appear in that set seem like interesting parts. The purple mixels, surprisingly enough, don't interest me that much, but the fact that one of the green mixels (the one on the right) appears to have green starfish for hands is amusing.

You mean the spidery-looking brown one in the middle? Its legs seem to be made from these and these.

Hard to really judge these from such tiny, blurry pics with watermarks obscuring them, but one thing's for sure — they have the same level of uniqueness the Series 1 Mixels led us to expect, maybe even more. Series 1 didn't have any multi-legged Mixels, did it?

Edited by Aanchir

I don't get it, why was this moved?

-Sci

Brickthing announced this in the forum discussion topic

Please welcome a new addition to the forum, LEGO Mixels! We have them now, since they're non-minifig scale posable character type sets. Some of them even have voodoo balls! :wub:

VBBN

Totally gonna try and get every single one of these. They make me very nostalgic for the old X-Pod sets.

i really like mixels. these look cool and VERY fun. especially the small ball joints.

I guess series 2 will have Blue, Orange, and gray Mixels.

Edited by takarawarrior2014

i really like mixels. these look cool and VERY fun. especially the small ball joints.

I guess series 2 will have Blue, Orange, and gray Mixels.

Not grey, I don't think. Series 1 already has grey ones. Blue and orange are likely since they show up in this pic, but the third color is a mystery.

I would think grey would be a possibility since the Nixels are monochrome. That is, if we get Nixel figures.

I would think grey would be a possibility since the Nixels are monochrome. That is, if we get Nixel figures.

I somewhat doubt there will be Nixel figs, since the Nixels are basically meant as the the "no fun" counterpart to the Mixels. Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to design sets for them that are just as fun and wacky as the rest of the theme.