Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

Another football league launches it's own minifig series

Only a minute ago reading a huge full page ad in the morning paper..........AFL Microfigures.....they look a bit Mega-blok-ish with faces on them so Clone Wars looking it's not funny.

It appears the AFL is joining a global trend......the NFL in the USA also has a similar series......but hey in both they include their respected footballs....very handy for our normal minifigs to play with right ?

In the AFL series it also includes two puzzle pieces which once all collected forms a footy ground (oval shape) complete with goal squares, centre circle and 50m lines.

I might just have to buy at least one to see how bad they are.....plus score a ball......then I need to custom some minifigs......I can then have my own tigers team ! :laugh:

The only thing is they are only available at Coles supermarkets or Coles Express Shell service stations......though two bucks is a good buy.

Even though I have a review in the RA to go......I might have to review at least one microfigure........I hope I can find a Crows or Tigers player......oh, to tell them apart in the blind bags.....they all have different hair styles. :wink:

In Holland British Patrol (BP) also brings out fake LEGO... The sets look quite nice, but BanBao just is horrible... They asked me: "do you want to get stickers for our LEGO", I said, well I would if it was LEGO ;)

This thread is useless without pics.

Pictures......sure !

afl_01.jpgafl_02.jpgafl_03.jpgafl_04.jpgafl_05.jpgafl_06.jpg

Well, there we have it.....one of the 35 figures......pity it's a Geelong Cat figure...................

darth-vader-nooooo.jpg

Though it's interesting to see the body comes apart and can be positioned for playability.

The ball is a little difficult to positioned in a minifigs arms.....chest mark.

At least I got a ball.

Thanks for the pictures and info LT! :sweet:

Wow, that figure looks bad, really because of the face printing and neck.

Also, LT, it's = it is ; its = possessive form of it. :P

Edited by just2good

That's nothing......there is a collectors folder for 10 bucks too. :sick:

I don't know who at the AFL thought this was a good idea, but I'm only glad for a football to give my minifig players. :wink:

Footnote = only about 10 figures come with a football. :hmpf_bad:

Odd, must be a brand-loyalist to the core because I felt very deceived by the thread title reference to a "minifig series". Or maybe it is just regional usage? I have never heard anyone refer to any clone brand product as a "minifig". We might say "clone-fig" or "figure".

Sorry to wander so far off topic.

Odd, must be a brand-loyalist to the core because I felt very deceived by the thread title reference to a "minifig series". Or maybe it is just regional usage? I have never heard anyone refer to any clone brand product as a "minifig". We might say "clone-fig" or "figure".

Sorry to wander so far off topic.

Ah, I would call them minifig, but the AFL calls them microfigs.......after all the legal problems with team/players shooting up performance enhancing drugs among other troubles last year I guess they, the AFL don't want any trouble. :wink:

Except I wonder if the players these figures represent know how...eh, they look ? :sick:

They just look nasty :(

They (well the heads) look even worse in person. I grabbed one as an impulse at the checkout and was stunned by the ugliness even though I had fair warning from the pics above. The best positive I can come up with is that they didn't seem to smell weird like some clone brands and the packaging was easy to open, which I imagine will become a problem once people start to search for their favourites.

I saw this in the Coles catalogue the other day. No they don't look good, but at $2 that's a bargain for a cute little figure. I imagine these could be popular with kids, what being 2/5 the price of CMFs.

I'm pretty sure if these came out when I was a kid I'd have bought them rather than footy cards.

LT, how do they fare with interacting with Lego? (And can you put the head on the legs? I wanna see that! :laugh: )

The head on mine goes on fine. You can't use either the legs or torsos with minifigs. The heads are very loose on a minifig torso ie would fall off as soon as lifted and tilted. The hair on these figs is part of the head so can't be removed. Even at the $2 price, one is more than enough for me. However as a kid I'm sure I would have been more enthusiastic about them.

Oh they can be displayed on collectible minifig plates. Seemed like they were designed to be Lego width at the feet.

Edited by Hewman

LT, how do they fare with interacting with Lego? (And can you put the head on the legs? I wanna see that! :laugh: )

No, I don't try and ruin my minifigs with substandard parts ! :laugh:

But as you can see in one of my photos.......a minifig can take a chest mark ! :grin:

Oh, yeah......the microfigs CAN clutch onto a stud......again look at the photos. :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

They have big heads. Maybe they should be called ego figs instead of micro figs. :laugh:

By the looks of it, I haven't seen too many empty boxes at Coles supermarkets in the last few days........I'm getting the feeling of EPIC FAIL. :laugh: