Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[LDD MOC] Whistling Owl

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The Whistling Owl is the pride of captain Looh Koom, a respectable Kel Doran, that may deliver any wares to any place in the galaxy.

The ship is a modified small freighter. The side turrets were upgraded with quad laser cannons, and two automatic blasters were mounted on the side of the cockpit. Concealed storage areas were also added troughout the ship.

12861583124_8432d42d6b_c.jpg

12861152655_f266e59e1f_c.jpg

The crew is also composed of Ayce Ti, one of the snow people in the galaxy, once accidentally saved by captain Koom and since then trying to repay his life debt by trying to repair the Owl. The fashionista protocol droid Greedous joined the crew to repay it's debts, but still spend all his credits to buy extravagant headdress.

12840936695_6b40841e14_z.jpg

12842956753_d4730f479f_c.jpg

Edit: some detail shots from LDD

12966485725_aafcbfef77_z.jpg

Front vents details. Credit goes to The Turquoise Lord

12966905224_c2176ec4fd_z.jpg

Cockpit's interior. The seat is based on someone's design I saw on Flickr, but can't remember where...

12966905034_4f568d63a0_z.jpg

Right turret. The cannon can rotate in all directions.

12966903654_1a5dc7946f_z.jpg

Left turret and escape pod.

12966484415_fa8f62f870_z.jpg

12966625523_3fac86cdf1_z.jpg

Rear container holder.

12966624383_c15fe7223a_z.jpg

A vew from the top

Hey Bob, great MOC! Love the color scheme, makes it look like a used tramp-freighter. Great lines, made the ship look both aerodynamic, but boxy at the same time.

Soooo, I have to ask, are you going to build it? :wink:

Wow it ahs such a nice Star Wars feeling :wub: , the color scheme perfectly fits a cargo freighter. Also Greedous looks great that head and headpiece makes quite a scary look by the way but it's awesome. You did a wonderful job again Bob, congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Your creations are always so amazing and inventive, you must be a very patient person to build such amazing stuff on LDD, I personaly go crazy trying to build with it anything, I guess is all about knowing how to use it the right way, I would like to know how to use it better because there is no limit to the bricks you have available.

Thanks for your comments :blush:

And no I won't build it :tongue:

That's a shame :) It looks really sleek. I love how you've incorporated the cockpit canopy.

Great model, Bob. I really like the contrasting geometry of the hull sections and the stripes of color, too. That fabulous droid with the fancy hair made me laugh. :laugh:

Wow, nice thing about LDD, no pieces limit. Looks great.

WOW, just wow. Such striking lines, like the olive green one, contrasting with the orange dashes. Brilliant! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

You are the absolute master of beautifully captured curves in a medium of bricks. Another amazing rendition.

Edited by TheOrcKing

Thanks again for all your kind comments :blush:

I've updated the first post with some details shots, but taken from LDD, so they are not of the best quality...

Stop making such nice ships, it hurts my eyes :grin_wub:.

For the sake of your eyes, I'll try to build some ugly ships :sweet:

Wow, nice thing about LDD, no pieces limit. Looks great.

I don't want to start a discussion about LDD versus real bricks... If I had bricks, I would build with them.

I use LDD for two things:

- Design ships with shapes I like, regardless of the number of bricks or existing combinations of shapes and colors

- Design ships that are buildable

So the Owl is obviously in the first category... But wasn't the Zenith also in the first category when I first posted the LDD renders back in august? And in late november it stand proudly on my desk (next to the dead body of my wallet...).

And sometimes ideas I had on some impossible builds are recycled into possible builds, for example my big octan ship gave birth to the whitefang segments :classic:

This is fantastic. I really like your turret design. Great use of those canopy pieces!

after kate upton, rahat loukoum, you sure dig into modern culture to shape the SW universe:)))

What makes the magic in those design is really the non geometrical standard shape. Most of the spacecraft are often very not curved, and here, it's not, like with the red crimson too... bravo!

Thanks guys. But this build is almost one year old.

Sorry about that Bob! I didn't see the original post date, just that it had been commented on recently :blush: I think this was worth bumping though. It really is a fantastic ship. You certainly know how to build them!

Hey Bob De Quatre, you still owe me the LDD files I bought from you should not get it, I'll show it and then it goes on to court. You have time to send this tomorrow, otherwise I go to the police