Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[LDD MOC] Octan prospector OP-5

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Sequel build to (http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=88830)

The OP-5 is the latest exploration ship of the Octan Corporation. It's purpose is to prospect distant planets by scanning them and recover samples for further analysis. To travel from one point of space to another, it uses a gravity well generator developed by Octan's engineers who worked in cooperation with the famous physicist Dr Edward Snot (Universal patent octroyed to Octan Corporation, any use of the gravity well technology is strictly prohibited and expose you to lawsuits).

It is propulsed by the famous C-Engines, and 4 rotating auxiliary propulsors for easier maneuvers.

It carries the gigantic planet scanner, with it's 3 branch that allow full tridimensional scan with precise geological datas.

12273831766_1c3f60d99b_c.jpg

12273835076_676f83e7f7_c.jpg

12273281015_fe6fcde9bb_c.jpg

12273724044_dbdb53d7f2_c.jpg

12273291335_d6b4f14630_c.jpg

12274208486_965f69f1ac_c.jpg

In the engineer bay, Dr Snot is showing his coworker how to make the gravity well generator work:

12273424943_cfe817ce70_c.jpg

When I first saw this it took me a few seconds to realize that yes this was in fact LEGO. Great job, very cool spaceship.

Outstanding job! Adding the Octan touch to it really does a good job of tying it in to Lego today. President Business is obviously thinking long term here.

Besides the great work up and down the design, the details in the bridge really makes this ship seem practical. Well done all around!

I love the bodylines and all the shapely detail onn this ship. The technology is incredible and the legal disclaimer is probably futuristically accurate.

The technology is incredible and the legal disclaimer is probably futuristically accurate.

I wanted to write a longer backstory, but as always I rushed it... Octan corporation isn't the nice and honest company people in the Town subforum usually think :devil: .

Hoooo gosh !!! you kill me !!! I have not seen these in flickr........really, I'm jealous !!!

Hey, your huge concepts/models look more like some 3D CADs than some LEGO builds, are you realizing it? :laugh:

Edited by bublible