Itaria No Shintaku

Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary CUUSOO set Discussion

Really? I think the gear looks great, particularly given that it's recreated entirely with existing elements.

I think the minifigures overall (including their gear) look great, with the slight exception of not having the shoulder patches of the logo. That's disappointing, but not enough to keep me from getting and enjoying the set.

Really? I think the gear looks great, particularly given that it's recreated entirely with existing elements.

I think the minifigures overall (including their gear) look great, with the slight exception of not having the shoulder patches of the logo. That's disappointing, but not enough to keep me from getting and enjoying the set.

I think Lego have done quite a good job of the gear as well.

Yep, gear is awesome! And very nice to read that the stand is included, did not think about that, to be honest :D

Shame that Bill Murrays hair is not a new mould (yeah, I know they don't do that for cuusoo), but Brent's one is so much better!!

Think somewhat in June was mentioned in the official LEGO statement!

EDIT: Yep! "21108 LEGO Ghostbusters will be available for purchase in June 2014 for USD $49.99 / CAD $59.99."

Edited by KCMatze

Think somewhat in June was mentioned in the official LEGO statement!

EDIT: Yep! "21108 LEGO Ghostbusters will be available for purchase in June 2014 for USD $49.99 / CAD $59.99."

Right in time for the 30th anniversary - the first movie was released June 8, 1984.

(Man, I can not get used to all these anniversaries for things that happened in the '80s. I'm getting so freaking old... :cry_sad: )

Where the heck is Slimer? -_-

I think Lego decided not to include him in the set for some strange reason. :sceptic:

I brickbuilt one. But if you really want a Slimer, this website has a custom one based on his Real Ghostbusters appearance.

http://minifigs.me/shop/lego-slimer/

I'm playing through Ghostbusters: The Video Game on my Xbox (fantastic game btw) and I was wondering which pieces you could use to make the Rookie.

Edited by Tolkien

I think Lego decided not to include him in the set for some strange reason. :sceptic:

He'd require a new mold, that's the reason :wink: Some might say they could have reused Rotta's molds with different printing, but the licensees are quite finicky when it comes to molds exclusive to their franchise :grin: TLG can't reuse molds they specifically created for one character unless it's somewhat generic (like Indy's hat or Dastan's scabbard).

He'd require a new mold, that's the reason :wink: Some might say they could have reused Rotta's molds with different printing, but the licensees are quite finicky when it comes to molds exclusive to their franchise :grin: TLG can't reuse molds they specifically created for one character unless it's somewhat generic (like Indy's hat or Dastan's scabbard).

Well that's a shame. Lego can't even make an exception to do it for the 30th Anniversary. :wink:

Well that's a shame. Lego can't even make an exception to do it for the 30th Anniversary. :wink:

A new mold would raise the cost by quite a lot, and the car is already a lot. Plus if they are only making 10000 of these at the start, it a propably not worth it for the new mold.

Has there been official box art shown? I wanna know what it looks like. :tongue:

-Sci

It hasn't been shown just yet.

It hasn't been shown just yet.

When do we usually see box art for CUUSOO sets? Edited by Legoman123

Very excited for this. Looks like with some fiddling, the whole team will fit in the Car, which is a added bonus. Who ya gonna call... :wink:

Very excited for this. Looks like with some fiddling, the whole team will fit in the Car, which is a added bonus. Who ya gonna call... :wink:

Just lay the forth Ghostbuster down at the back of the car. :laugh:

This is a must-order! I can only hope the GB firehouse follows after LEGO sees the high demand for the ECTO-1.

I'd like to understand how they reach a decision on which CUUSOO submissions make the cut, but for those who are complaining about smaller sets or reliance on licensed properties... well, LEGO is in the business of turning a profit. Licenses are familiar, and already come with a built-in fan base and storyline. The higher the cost, the smaller the potential market for a set. CUUSOO is an experimental concept and it's still in its infancy. I can only hope they start expanding into larger sets in the future, like the "Japanese old style architecture" which is still under review and one I voted for.

I am mostly worried we wont get it in the UK, I always get stressed out when I don't get a price in pounds. This is definitely up there on my must buy list for the rest of the year.

I am mostly worried we wont get it in the UK, I always get stressed out when I don't get a price in pounds. This is definitely up there on my must buy list for the rest of the year.

We'll get it, don't worry about that