Oh, thanks, I tried to stick as much as I could to the official designs. And the 3x11x2 curved panel is a very complex part, so that wasn't easy to get all the little details. But... yeah, I'm glad with how it turned out, and even if they are a bit dark, I must say I'm quite proud of my renders, I think they make the part look better than it would actually be. :grin:

Hello Efferman,

If the rims are for the 8110 tyres, the are to big.

9398 Is the Rock Crawler if I am not mistaken, so those tyres are bigger than the 8285 towtruck.

Hello Efferman,

If the rims are for the 8110 tyres, the are to big.

9398 Is the Rock Crawler if I am not mistaken, so those tyres are bigger than the 8285 towtruck.

and for the same tires i have made a mudguard piece. actually 4 studs wide.

13078820794_eb18a45035_z.jpg

8 of them would give a full circle with an outer diameter of 13 studs, but the most use would be this

13078820964_fa6b4dbf03_z.jpg

more mounting points? wider or more narrow?

Edited by efferman

Hi efferman,

the mudguards look good. I would suggest mounting points on one side...

Pat

Yes sir, I like those very much. Maybe one side (the back in you images) could have some additional mounting points? Or don't you want to sacrifice the symmetry? Those are at the 8110 scale, right? A similar part for the 8258 scale would be brilliant as well.

Hello Efferman,

I think we are talking about different rims.

I am talking about the rims you posted om march 8th, the top rim, I realy digg that one, looks like an american truckrim.

Hey dafgek.

Elke post heeft een nummer. Rechts bovenaan de post. Anders deze even vermelden voor de duidelijkheid , of gewoon de post zoeken die je bedoeld en op het knopje quote klikken.

Grtz

Johnny

Hey efferman,

Those ' mud guard ' pieces look great, additional holes as everyone has suggested. Could you design Mud Guards for single wheel width and double wide wheel width? ( 62 x 20 size tires )

thanks guys

i have made a 3 wide version for single wheel and a tire for my 62,4x20 rims. it seems i have to reduce the diameter of the mudguard

13082767483_c841e245d8_z.jpg

Baugruppe1 von efferman auf Flickr

these are for 8110 tires, this look is on a 62,4x20 rim only possible if there is only a crosshole in the center and no pinholes around.

to the mudguards, the first version is indeed to large in diameter. best looking is the left which has 10 studs from pinhole to pinhole, the middle has 11 and the right 12 studs. but has the smallest one enough space for steering?

13083782593_50b3da1a73_c.jpg

kotflügel test von efferman auf Flickr

Edited by efferman

Hi Efferman,

The one on the left looks very good. I think the space will be good for steering, as far as i can judge from the picture. I would love to have them. Do you gonna make them also for the Unimog wheels?

Richard

for unimog wheels it would be really expensive. a single mudguard piece for the 62,4x20 tires costs actually 3,14€ in white strong and flexible

674x501_1774966_2338201_1394555675.jpg

the next part which i make is an end part for this mudguard, and then i going in medical rehabilitation for a minimum of three weeks. maybe i have internet, but no access to inventor.

edit:

the endpart. 3 studs wide, 2 studs long with a rounded end

674x501_1775077_2338468_1394557656.jpg

Edited by efferman

Hi Effeman,

I wish you the best during your surgery and recovery.

Could you ,when you have the time and the willingness for it, make these mudgards elements for the Unimog wheels?

Grusse,

Richard

these are for 8110 tires, this look is on a 62,4x20 rim only possible if there is only a crosshole in the center and no pinholes around.

to the mudguards, the first version is indeed to large in diameter. best looking is the left which has 10 studs from pinhole to pinhole, the middle has 11 and the right 12 studs. but has the smallest one enough space for steering?

13083782593_50b3da1a73_c.jpg

kotflügel test von efferman auf Flickr

efferman,

Those fender mud guards are looking better and better. The first one looks the best, but with some MOCs that have suspension, maybe the second one will be better for wheel clearance when turning and going over a bump. I'd have to try it out in a mock up of my typical suspension ( ie. turning and going over bump ).

Do get well and relax, it'll help you heal faster, we'll all be waiting for your healthy return. :classic:

Not only are you coming up with some great parts, but you are doing it as someone self taught. Impressive. And I say that as someone who uses it 8hrs a day on average. Good luck with your heath.

Get well soon. This work is amazing. I may get a set of the smaller wheels

v/r

Andy

thanks guys

:sceptic: again a fender, this time for the new 49,5x20 tires. the diameter is for steered axles. the space for steering is 9 studs, the width of the fender is 20mm

674x501_1777736_2345047_1394639662.jpg

hopefully this was the last part :laugh: