just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

LEGOFreak, I am not so sure. I suspect while the body print is reused in Wave 3 that the legs won't be. That makes it a true exclusive.

It is similar to Sauramon. The cheap set had white legs while the Orthanc had a printed dress piece.

Nobody wants a "true" exclusive, tho, as that just draws scalpers. Exclusive packaging is enough to satisfy the vast majority. With Saruman, anyone can buy Orthanc. It's not a cheap set, but you're not just buying it for Saruman's dress pieceā€¦ Bard, if it's as you describe, would cost you hundreds just for printed legs. Who seriously wants to deal with that?

That's a lovely print!

I dunno if he will be released later on in a normal set or not. With Azog we knew he would be because there is no way Lego is going to make an expensive mold just for a limited, 100 run exclusive figure. Prints are a whole nother matter though, and much cheaper for Lego to do.

Edited by Deathleech

Grrr... Now we have three movie-related exclusive minifigs :hmpf_bad: The DC one surely won't be (unless it's a TDK Joker or something *shudders*). Interesting move I have to say. Hopefully the Bard minifig will be treated like Azog (as well as the other three minifigs), but that would mean that they won't show all four sets, otherwise people would realize that the figure is not really exclusive :grin:

The new Bard figure looks cool, lets just hope that this version is like what happened with Azog last year, that way hopefully this Bard appears in the add on set for the LTC later this year. :classic:

Interesting... The Last two years LEGO has released 4 Super Hero Figures only available at the con. This year however, 3 of the 4 figures realesed are all different themes? A lot are expecting to see Bard down the line. Has LEGO finally decided to do away with the con exclusives and stick to preview figures? That's grat news for pretty much everyone if true, excluding the scalpers. This makes collecting a lot easier, yet at the same time I enjoyed seeing the con exclusives to see what ideas LEGO is throwing around under the table....

I really like the new print! It will be interesting to see if people are still willing to pay extreme prices for the figure before they know if we get him in one of the new sets. ;)

Interesting... The Last two years LEGO has released 4 Super Hero Figures only available at the con. This year however, 3 of the 4 figures realesed are all different themes? A lot are expecting to see Bard down the line. Has LEGO finally decided to do away with the con exclusives and stick to preview figures? That's grat news for pretty much everyone if true, excluding the scalpers. This makes collecting a lot easier, yet at the same time I enjoyed seeing the con exclusives to see what ideas LEGO is throwing around under the table....

Seems to make the most sense to go with preview figures particularly due to TLG's ongoing battle with third party sellers.

It gives the convention goers a first crack at a figure while not ultimately excluding everyone else. Everyone else mainly being their target customer, children.

The exclusives seemed to have generated some bad blood as of late, something I'm sure TLG would like to further avoid.

I really like the new print! It will be interesting to see if people are still willing to pay extreme prices for the figure before they know if we get him in one of the new sets. ;)

After Azog probably not.

So i'm assuming this new Bard, Legolas, Tauriel, Bain and Bolg will be in the new Laketown set.

I think this will stay exclusives, the only good thing about LOTR looking like it over is my complete collection will stay that way

That could just be Bard in his Battle of the Five Armies outfit. If so I can't imagine any reason we're not getting it in a set.

That is a great looking Bard! What a way to start off the new wave reveals. Finally some decent news. Also it could be that the set he comes with is exclusive just like how the Star Wars exclusive comes with the same Chopper minifg. If this Bard is exclusive it would be a waste of a great new print!

I fully believe that bard legs and all will be in a set.

...and if hes not, then YAY we get another new figure, instead of just a new version of bard.

Edited by deskp

Bard looks awesome! I definitely think he will be included in Lake Town or Dale.

So i'm assuming this new Bard, Legolas, Tauriel, Bain and Bolg will be in the new Laketown set.

Past $30 sets have always had 4 figures, so I would think it would just be Bard, Bain, Bolg and Legolas.

Bard looks awesome! I definitely think he will be included in Lake Town or Dale.

Past $30 sets have always had 4 figures, so I would think it would just be Bard, Bain, Bolg and Legolas.

Video game ahs strong hint towards new Tauriel fig. and i would assume they will reuse the laketown guard cause hes fantastic and has that fine mold.

so Tauriel, bard bain and guard =4 since guard is a reuse they might do 5 figs, + bolg = 5

tho im skeptic about a bolg figure.

Those expecting the Bard minifig to be available at retail down the line are gonna be disappointed...he's clearly part of the series of 4 SDCC minifigs which are in fact true convention exclusives (and command price tags in the hundreds of dollars on the secondary market). It's disappointing, but at least it's a character that is available elsewhere, unlike all of the previous Superhero minifigures.

Those expecting the Bard minifig to be available at retail down the line are gonna be disappointed...he's clearly part of the series of 4 SDCC minifigs which are in fact true convention exclusives (and command price tags in the hundreds of dollars on the secondary market). It's disappointing, but at least it's a character that is available elsewhere, unlike all of the previous Superhero minifigures.

Wasn't Azog one of those exclusives as well?

No, Azog wasn't. He was handed out randomly but not mentioned in the press releases or as part of the raffle.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Bard looks awesome! Hopefully he's just a preview figure like Azog, but if he isn't I'm glad we at least got the character in last year's Lake-Town set.