sin

Bricklinking Modular Buildings

Muffluvin...for the out of stock 2x2 brick Earth Green just order 2 more 1x2 brick Earth Green for each 2x2 you need. If memory serves me correctly, those are used on the base and easily substituted out for another size

Nope, those three bricks are used on the inside of the 'tower', they serve as a pillar for the feathers ornament on top. You can also swap it to 2x2 light grey, I don't think it's much of a difference. Edited by Gongoro73

Nope, those three bricks are used on the inside of the 'towe It feelr', they serve as a pillar for the feathers ornament on top. You can also swap it to 2x2 light grey, I don't think it's much of a difference.

Yup that was the original plan since they were hidden from view. But my OCD kicked in and I thought since it might cost like 25 - 50 cents a brick it was no big deal.

Muffluvin...for the out of stock 2x2 brick Earth Green just order 2 more 1x2 brick Earth Green for each 2x2 you need. If memory serves me correctly, those are used on the base and easily substituted out for another size

Thanks for looking out mate.

I have figure out the issue of the page not found of the brick and piece, you need to have less than 80 lots to have it working.

Good to know, so next time I will just use BandP to generate that list then export them to a spreadsheet and email it to a Lego CSR for fulfillment. Thanks

Before I finally ended up buying the dreaded blue arch, I was looking for possible alternative ways to get the same most similar effect without the actual arch.

One obvious solution is to change it out for a LB Gray arch which sort of goes in line with the surrounding color, but I didn't like the idea, you would loose some contrast and look duller.

Plan B was to buy the shorter 6-stud arch in Dark/Earth blue which is significantly cheaper, and then replace the curved bricks for those new 2x1 cheese slopes with slots which are as of recently more widely available in light grey.

arch2.jpg

arch1.jpg

(dark bluish grey shown on photo, I didn't have any lbg)

I have since given up the idea and bought the correct arch, but maybe it gives someone else an idea. I've seen worse compromises on CC.

Edited by Sven F

hgsFD8L.jpg

My Green Grocer is almost done. Awaiting flat tiles and fruit/food bits ordered from Lego to arrive. I decided to go Sand Green after I saw that I have around 50% to 60% of the parts needed on-hand already. Next to the Green Grocer is my attempt of half of the Market Street. I will be posting more images once I get my lighting sorted out.

I would like to thank you all for the information and inspiration.

Edited by muffluvin

hgsFD8L.jpg

My Green Grocer is almost done. Awaiting flat tiles and fruit/food bits ordered from Lego to arrive. I decided to go Sand Green after I saw that I have around 50% to 60% of the parts needed on-hand already. Next to the Green Grocer is my attempt of half of the Market Street. I will be posting more images once I get my lighting sorted out.

I would like to thank you all for the information and inspiration.

Looking good so far, muff, nice mods on GG. Be careful with the runa tiles at the sides of the main door, you have placed them wrong. They have to be centered in the central light tan section.

Looking good so far, muff, nice mods on GG. Be careful with the runa tiles at the sides of the main door, you have placed them wrong. They have to be centered in the central light tan section.

Thanks mate.

Yes, but LEGO didn't release their color names to the public when the bricklink database was created. Basically you have to memorize both names for every color.

Maybe bricklink should have alternate names in brackets or use a menu to select which names to show. I personally find the official color names more confusing and illogical.

There is a color reference page on Rebrickable that I use all the time (while building LDD models)...

https://rebrickable.com/colors

Not the perfect solution, having the info on Bricklink would be best, but its helpful for sure!

Wow, nice reference, shannanigan! Is the column just labeled "name" the bricklink name?

Has anyone attempted to bricklink the Fire Brigade? If yes, how long did the whole project take and how much did you have to spend?

Same questions for a non-100% pure (replacements made) Cafe Corner.

The dark bluish grey fences on top of CC were starting to get a bit rarish and not the cheapest elements, but they are now available again from the 2016 prison island police set. Maybe worth waiting a week or so for those to become plentyful.

Also there is a fantastic chap on brickink (located in USA) who sells the viking snake tiles for GG and if you get just those, he will ship them in an envelope for cheap.

@terrasher: My non-100% CC cost me 250$ My GG is probably going to end up costing considerably more even without the extortionate 1x2's with groove. While CC has more rare parts than GG, CC has more room for substitutions that don't affect the original design, while the GG has much less wiggle room. I am not a fan or replacing colors, but have no problem with updated elements that do the same or better job.

Unless you like the thrill of sourcing parts from bl, I think the FB can be bought complete for probably the same price. Dark red 1x2's are making the rounds on pick-a brick walls currently so you can take the advantage to get those cheaply if you are at a store. since both FB and CC use them.

Edited by Sven F

Is the option to buy parts on Bricks and Pieces gone? Looked there today and didn't see it as a 3rd choice.

Is the option to buy parts on Bricks and Pieces gone? Looked there today and didn't see it as a 3rd choice.

Should be up and running early this week as per a Lego customer service lady I spoke with - the BnP website closes every Christmas for some reason but should be back up soon

For those of you struggling to finance the grey doors of Cafe Corner and Market Street, there's a neat hack solution I wanted to try out just for the thrill of it.

I consider myself purist and all my crafty tools are kept well clear of LEGO bricks all my life, but I guess we all have our dirty secrets.

Here are some cheap doors in clown colors:

dr1.jpg

Here are some more cheap doors off Bricklink from some stupid sets with a talking cheese caricature.

dr2.jpg

Here are some of those first doors again:

dr3.jpg

Here's one of the LBG doors from before, Do you see where this is going yet?

dr4.jpg

And there it is.

dr5.jpg

Fair warning: It's not exactly easy to pry the glass from the frame, so don't be calling my name if you break something.

DO NOT use a knife or anything sharp or metal. Use an old credit card, guitar pick or simply the tile end of the LEGO Brick separator (maybe the latter works best)

DO NOT use superglue I think Epoxy glue works best and is probably what was used originally, but correct me if you think not.

If the glass donor wasn't new, you can use the opportunity to bring the frameless polycarbonate back to shine. I work with cars so I have a lot of polishing stuff at my disposal, and I used something called SONAX KratzerEntferner which presumably means something like "car headlight polish" in some Germanic language, but you can try your luck with whichever polish you find.

Also it makes absolutely no difference weather the door is left or right because once separated, they are identical parts flipped over.

Ok, I guess I've done most of Cafe Corner.

Total cost was $ 250 / € 230 including shipping I had very little of the inventory on hand, mostly some white and black plates which are pretty worthless.

I didn't get the black door and blue pillars. and i used newer molds for skis. (I might still get the door, but unless the rest appears in a new set, i'm leaving it be)

I also subbed the dark blue wall inside because it's ugly, needless and expensive.

Most bricks were from bricklink except the dark red roof slopes, the reddish brown elring bricks, some dark blue bricks and the dbg parrots which were from Bricks & Pieces.

cc00T.jpg

cc01T.jpg

cc02T.jpg

cc04T.jpg

cc05T.jpg

cc06T.jpg

I added a bit of interior on the bottom floor and I don't care for the minifigs, so I made my own - hotel bellboy, cabbie, and a customer. I have plenty town folk anyway.

I also didn't like the yellow tables and stools outside with the tiny umbrellas under the awning so I changed them a bit.

In the sort of cafes I know (non-American) they also serve beer.

Edited by Sven F

My daughter is starting to get into the modulars that are available now. She saw the green grocer and the town hall online this week. I didn't realize how crazy the secondary was on these. Very new to this side of Lego.

Is it possible to get most of the pieces for these sets through Lego's site when the larger pick a brick opens back up? i know I won't be able to get everything there. I'll brick link the rest. I also didn't know if the set will end up being as much as the secondary market for it.

thanks for the help with the noob questions. i'm learning.

thanks!

jim

My daughter is starting to get into the modulars that are available now. She saw the green grocer and the town hall online this week. I didn't realize how crazy the secondary was on these. Very new to this side of Lego.

Is it possible to get most of the pieces for these sets through Lego's site when the larger pick a brick opens back up? i know I won't be able to get everything there. I'll brick link the rest. I also didn't know if the set will end up being as much as the secondary market for it.

thanks for the help with the noob questions. i'm learning.

thanks!

jim

Hi Jim, depending on the stock. You won't be able to find 1x8 sand Green bricks nor sand green 1x2 bricks with grooves for example. Please read the first 10 pages or so on this thread and you will find the answer you seek. It's possible to make one. :classic:

Edited by Wodanis

Thanks.

@redtrooper27: sorry, I didn't see your post earlier. I do have more photos of the taxi.

txi1T.jpg txi2T.jpg txi3T.jpg txi4T.jpg

The back doesn't really open, that's just detached and staged.

Has anyone done the Grocer in Dark Red yet? since the groove bricks are now available in that color.

Seems like Minecraft sets are responsible for most bricks with groove, unfortunately no sand green for 2016 as far as I can see.

Edited by Sven F

@SvenF: Nicely done mate. When did you acquire those dark red slopes from Lego B&P? Hope I can snag some from B&P when it goes back online.

For the mean time, I think I will just go with my own Cafe Corner Mod. It's based on the bricks I have on hand. My wallet is still hurting, having spent a small fortune on the Sand Green bricks I used on my Green Grocer. :)

TWCUsyr.jpg

Edited by muffluvin

I got the red slopes quite recently. just before they shut down for the holidays. The price wasn't fantastic, but it was about half what they go for on bricklink.