just2good

LEGO Ultra Agents 2014

LEGO doesn't like its moulds to be single-use, so they'll sneak one in repurposed wherever they can. The aesthetics of the Hurricane Mech and the Toxicopter (my name for it) are odd, but I think in-hand, they'd be better than they look. My only annoyance with the copter is that it's very difficult to stand a minifigure in the back, since they have to bend to attach and you have to straighten them after that. It's much easier to seat someone there.

Decided to get the HQ over the HH. Haven't built it yet, so I can't say much. But the more I look at it, the more excited I get to put it together. Terabyte's mech looks particularly nice as well.

The HQ has a surprisingly tough build - I found it more difficult than Orthanc and the Parisian Restuarant. Definitely a satisfying build and an excellent set in general, though! :thumbup:

Also, Terabyte's mech is pretty great.

The HQ has a surprisingly tough build - I found it more difficult than Orthanc and the Parisian Restuarant.

Interesting! Good to know.

The Hurricane Heist is not my favorite of the Ultra Agents sets in part because it's practically the antithesis of what I loved about the previous Agents theme (and some sets in this theme). Yes, it has fantastic functions, but they're spread out over a huge model. My favorite thing about the previous Agents theme was how many functions and details were crammed into the sets. Yes, they were out-of-scale with Lego City vehicles, but not an inch went to waste. The Hurricane Heist is a fantastic-looking set, and huge but so much of its size is underutilized, and that's just not what I personally want in an Agents set.

I got Tremor Track Infiltration today...

Oddly, the set came with a spare sticker sheet and two grey antennas, rather than one black one that appears in the instructions and on the box.

I don't really know what to think of this set. It's great because of the functionality of the Tremor Tank (punching fists and flick-fire missiles), the two minifigures, the amount of tan pieces that you get in a single set and the overall look of the set when it's built. But, I do have a few nitpicks...

Jack Fury's shield looks a bit... thrown in. It just doesn't work as a shield in my opinion. Also, the tank body is a little small for my tastes, but I can easily let that slide, because of the price.

Overall, this is a pretty good set to get, especially if you like getting sets for the parts. As well as tan plates and slopes, you get multiple trans-coloured studs and 1x2 plates (the studs are in trans-orange and trans-clear, while the plates are in trans-red, trans-yellow and trans-blue). And of course, you get a new colour for the base of the Stud Launcher (in white) and Tremor's exclusive armour, which looks fantastic!

If lego made a wave 2 ,besides having new villains, what kind of base would you guys like to see, an Agents base or a Villains base with the cloaked figure.

Considering we got the Mobile HQ this wave, I'd hope to see a villain base in the next.

Speaking of the HQ, finally built it. What a wonderful set. A big beefy truck and a nice, huge trailer stocked with everything a mobile base could need. And Terabyte's mech is just all sorts of awesome. Though the odd immovable knees are kinda awkward when posing...

The Agents theme had both hero and villain bases as well, so this one shouldn't be any different. Probably going to be the Hooded Figure's base.

Speaking of the HQ, finally built it. What a wonderful set. A big beefy truck and a nice, huge trailer stocked with everything a mobile base could need. And Terabyte's mech is just all sorts of awesome. Though the odd immovable knees are kinda awkward when posing...

It's good that it was a satisfying choice for you. Any immediate desire to grab HH, or will this keep you occupied for a while?

It's good that it was a satisfying choice for you. Any immediate desire to grab HH, or will this keep you occupied for a while?

This'll tide me over for a while, I'm sure.

Though I still need to get Riverside Raid at some point as well as it's the only other set I need (aside from HH, of course). Luckily it's cheap, so I can get that at any time.

Funny how I wasn't planning on collecting this entire theme. Now look at me. :grin:

The Agents are great to return. In my country, we had a small variety of Agents 2008 and no Agents 2.0 at all :hmpf_bad: .

But, as far as I can see, this new series is nice to meet. The "Infearno" is the best, I think.

With the Agents line becoming more readily available in stores, I'm curious of what everyone's favourite Agent minifigure is? I feel the villains are the real minifigure treat but who is your favourite hero of this line? I still say Professor Hydron is the one on top of my list :wub:

To those who have the Ultra Agents HQ, I have a question...

If all the features were removed from out of the vehicle, would you be able to fit several jail cells that are 4x4 in width and length? I'd love to mod the truck so that it can act like a villain transport or a mobile jail. ;w;

If all the features were removed from out of the vehicle, would you be able to fit several jail cells that are 4x4 in width and length? I'd love to mod the truck so that it can act like a villain transport or a mobile jail. ;w;

The trailer inside is eight studs wide and around 32 long, so you could either A) fill the entire thing with prison cells, or B) line one wall with them and have a walkway for the Agents. Either way, you could fit quite a bit in there.

@Pigbrick: Solomon Blaze. Love his mechanical leg brace. And the fact that he was in Galaxy Squad makes him all the better.

Edited by Kalhiki

My favorite minifig in the theme? Now that I have her, I just love the look of Toxikita (especially her "determined" face) but Infearno's fantastic as well. I'll probably pick up the HQ soon or a combination of Tremor and HH,

I just got the HQ. My thoughts:

The build is very interesting and clever until you get to the identical bags 5 and 6 which build the identical folding doors using large Technic panels and beams, Terabyte's mech is great, and his whole theme is a brilliant subtle counterpart to the Ultra Agents. They both are technologically based, and both feature dark colors with bright glowing accents, with the Agents being more sleek and futuristic and Terabyte being more clunky and retro sci-fi. The unfolding of the truck works well, but I feel like the axle connection is too strong, I feel like I'm going to break it every time I pull the halves apart. The cab attaches well to the trailer and the lever to detach it and the ones to fire the spring-shooters work well. The interior works well to accomodate the unfolded HQ. The design of the set is brilliant, and I think it's well worth it.

Fairly easily. Really the key thing would be to remove the cell from the fold out wall near the rear and then mount cells on the truck floor. It's the stuff attached to the fold down wall that eats up the most interior space.

Terabyte is by far my favorite figure with Toxikita as a close second. I'm hoping a villian base is in this line's near future considering the fact that the Volcano Base of the earlier agents line is probably my favorite set of all time and all of Ogel's bases in Alpha Team were excellently done. I'm hoping for possibly an evil lunar base or a floating satellite since we haven't scene those before in the world of lego. Though the satellite idea seems highly unlikely.

Edited by ComputerBug

It's probably going to be the mysterious ringleader's base, in which case, the theme could be anything.

I've found some ways to customize Terabyte's look a little. For a no-headgear (visor, helmet) look, I use this minifigure's head (the sideburns are nearly identical) and the Agent Fuse hairpiece. The Galaxy Squad Mosquitoid wings are great for him as a flying device, since they match his color scheme and geometric theme. What hairpiece of what color do you think Curtis Bolt would have under the helmet, since he's the only one without one?

Edited by 8BrickMario

IWhat hairpiece of what color do you think Curtis Bolt would have under the helmet, since he's the only one without one?

Thought there was a picture of him not wearing his helmet with black hair but a not-real hair piece?