Sign in to follow this  
PenguinoMF

Winter Village: Ski Rental Shop

With all of the snow that falls around the Winter Village an ambitious entrepreneur, Frank, decided it was the perfect opportunity to open a local ski rental shop.

It looks like construction finished just in time for the winter season.

11575049414_2dd1ec123b_z.jpg

DSC_0373 by smathews521, on Flickr

Frank greets his very first customers. It is Julie and her son David. David sure does look excited.

11575051164_90ec7401f6_z.jpg

DSC_0369 by smathews521, on Flickr

David looks like he is ready to go while Mom is taking her time getting ready. First time skiing? Maybe she is nervous.

11575047354_f8ea70e184_z.jpg

DSC_0375 by smathews521, on Flickr

As we open up the shop we can see Frank trying to keep warm by drinking hot chocolate by the wood burning stove. Looks like he was preparing for the cold winters when he designed the building.

Frank is fully stocked with kids skis, adult skis, poles, and helmets.

11575498236_7c84ed7fe6_z.jpg

DSC_0379 by smathews521, on Flickr

During his down time Frank keeps himself busy by chopping wood. Hopefully it will be a long winter and he will need a lot of firewood to keep warm.

11575043544_9de752fdbd_z.jpg

DSC_0383 by smathews521, on Flickr

Thanks for looking at my submission.

Nice entry! I like how you've done the roof and also how the shop opens up.

Great build with very nice details like a bench for getting ready/returning the wares, opening up for better playability, a hearth to get warm and wood chopping area to stay warm. It fits right in and lets minifigures join the skiers from past years sets.

Good luck in the contest.

Excellent design and I like the opening in the middle....perfect MOC for winter - good luck and Brick On 'PenguinoMF' ! :grin:

Great concept! Maybe a little snow on the roof would bring out the winter spirit. Nice to see the inside.

What an well executed design! I love the roof, the details and the fact that it opens.

Nicely done and good luck in the competition.

Great creation PenguinoMF. I like how you've added to the playability of it by opening it up. Would be great with snow on the roof. Good luck in the comp.

Fantastic and original entry! I love that roof technique :wub: looks amazing! And I also like how the shop opens up, very clever designing there.

Good luck and happy building :laugh:

Thanks for the comments. As for the no snow on the roof issue I couldn't figure out a way that I was happy with. Let's just blame it on poor insulation of the building and it caused it to melt.