For my next project, I'm revamping the 8297. My plans are to give it 4-link suspension, add 4WD with remote control, and "adjust" the bodywork. Oh, and I'm adding these tires to it:

11177739673_0ac60628b4_o.jpg

First step is new axles, so stay tuned for that.

Those tyres are sweet! How much bigger are they than the 94.4 x 44R ones? They make that vehicle look monstrous.

Those tyres are sweet! How much bigger are they than the 94.4 x 44R ones? They make that vehicle look monstrous.

They're about 1.5cm bigger in diameter.

So many good parts on this moc, looking forward to a vid.

MOC? This is just 8297 with new tires (at least for now).

MOC? This is just 8297 with new tires (at least for now).

I see power connectors too, just one change makes it a moc? (at least thats what I thought)

I see power connectors too, just one change makes it a moc? (at least thats what I thought)

Nope, tires are the only thing changed. But, as I said in the original post, there are a lot of changes coming to this offroader.

Nope, tires are the only thing changed. But, as I said in the original post, there are a lot of changes coming to this offroader.

I never realized the original set had connectors sticking up out the roof, that's a bit sloppy from lego, I thought you had placed the battery box there temporary, hence moc.

Finally put together a chassis using Unimog wheels (to keep the dimensions accurate). Also, the chassis is currently on a stand, which will be removed once I get the shocks mounted.

11332494436_9b1cdbc49e_o.jpg

I'd say connect the top 13L beams that connect to the 9L links, by 15L so that you can connect them to the 5x9 beams for added rigidity.

For the rest, looks cool :)

I'd say connect the top 13L beams that connect to the 9L links, by 15L so that you can connect them to the 5x9 beams for added rigidity.

For the rest, looks cool :)

If I did that, it would interfere with the travel of the 9L links.

Progress...It's there, but it's slow.

Still have 2 motors to mount: Winch and steering. After that, it's all bodywork.

11456869906_6341760ceb_o.jpg

Nice! I really like the positive caster angle. You see lots of 4x4s and crawlers with negative caster and also a few sets as well (8110 and 9398).

Do you think that the positive caster will be an improvement over negative in terms of performance?

It will definitely be an improvement. Here's something that demonstrates this perfectly:

This project is coming along very nicely! :thumbup:

Aye, I've seen that video, explains it perfectly. I just wondered about caster angle specifically for crawlers.

Overall it improves stability and steering, the steering needs less force for a positive camber then a negative caster.