Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

[SoNE Ep. II] Sand Crab Attack

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I don't know what the Rebel leaders were thinking this time, I thought as I worked on the sensor dish. I had stumbled across it after a sandstorm separated me from the rest of the strike force designated to take out Black Sun. It fact, the sandstorm and separated a lot of things. Like the crashed ship near by or the casing and power core to this sensor dish. I don't know who this belongs to, but I doubt they'd mind me making it work again.My idea was to piggyback a distress call out with a standard transmission with my new codes the Rebel Alliance gave me after they promoted me from "Trooper" to "Support Services." One thing that didn't make sense was all the Stormtrooper armor. Sandstorms didn't normally cause bite marks on armor, right?

10505307336_710abf8cc8.jpg

I had just finished patching the power core when I heard a chittering noise behind me. I turned around fast holding the make-shift club I had pieced together after I found out the sand had clogged my blaster. Looking right at me and looking hungry was a giant sand crab. That explains the bite marks, I decided. Now I had two problems. How to convince this crab I wasn't dessert and how to get off this rock before the Imperials or Black Sun found me.

10505521353_5d54e59aba.jpg10505301076_81440bd2c0.jpg

10505315144_6c48ae0fcc.jpg10505313976_927a4da2dc.jpg

OoC: The only extra parts I used were the gray wing pieces and the Storm Trooper armor. I used 4 wing pieces to create the base plate. Four more pieces for the Stormtrooper armor. Everything else is from the parts list.

Nice entry MKJoshA.

I like how you did the crab, and the crashed ship is well done.

Stormtrooper armor don't count as extra parts, since it's a sigfig :wink: (but sandtrooper's count as noone has it as it's sigfig)

Nice story and MOC. I like the wreckage feel. The ship and the radar look nice and although I'm not too fond of brickbuilt animals the craby doesn't look too wrong. A bit mechanical here and there, but organic is something very hard to achieve with bricks ...

Stormtrooper armor don't count as extra parts, since it's a sigfig :wink: (but sandtrooper's count as noone has it as it's sigfig)

Okay, this one does not make sense to me ... I thought only whole figs don't count as extra parts and not only parts of it. If it's not so,are we allowed to use 20 black hands and 20 white legs??

^especially with limited amount of bricks, but I think MKjosha managed to pull it off. Well done, great entry! I hope to see some imperial entries soon, I will probably have to skip this episode.

Good work with the available pieces! It is recognisable.

You did a good job considering how limited pieces we have, and I think the base plate doesn't count as an extra piece.

Nice entry MKJoshA.

I like how you did the crab, and the crashed ship is well done.

Thank you! Hopefully the praise isn't coming because I'm only the 2nd person to post an entry ;) I'm anxious to see the competition from the Imperial side!

Nice story and MOC. I like the wreckage feel. The ship and the radar look nice and although I'm not too fond of brickbuilt animals the craby doesn't look too wrong. A bit mechanical here and there, but organic is something very hard to achieve with bricks ...

I agree. I've experimented with brick-built creatures in the past and have never been fully satisfied by them. However, when I was playing with these pieces the crab just seemed to fall into place. I couldn't pass up using something that practically built itself!

^especially with limited amount of bricks, but I think MKjosha managed to pull it off. Well done, great entry! I hope to see some imperial entries soon, I will probably have to skip this episode.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to build this time around! Thanks for the props though!

Cool looking crab and satellite dish! I really like the story as well.

Thank you!

just plain cool...

Thank you, that means a lot coming from one of the best builders on our team :)

Good work with the available pieces! It is recognisable.

Thanks!

There's a definite 'wrecked' feeling about the whole thing.

That's the look I was going for, glad it worked!

You did a good job considering how limited pieces we have, and I think the base plate doesn't count as an extra piece.

I counted the pieces I used for a baseplate as some of the 20 because they aren't specifically a Lego "baseplate." I have plenty of my 20 extra pieces to spare so I don't mind using them for a "baseplate."

Love your entry....the crab is really cool and badass! The antenna fits really well into the story!