XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I believe you use a 1x1 rounded stud.

Or a knob piece, I think that is what it is called...

I dont think that will work. The bottom of R2 is female. and there is nothing on a cheese slope other than a female square hole.

I dont think that will work. The bottom of R2 is female. and there is nothing on a cheese slope other than a female square hole.

I think so too, it's not that easy. I'll join in the question since I've also wanted to make this astromech third leg and until now I still can't quite figure it out. Maybe it's some kind of a customized part inserted into the bottom of the cheese slope? I remember some guy in eBay even selling these astromech third legs, so it might be a specialized custom part (?).

It's easily fixed for the newer bodies!

Cut a groove in a technic half pin 4274.gif at a right angle to those already there. I used a hacksaw blade. If it doesn't fit, cut it a bit more. You'll want a white one, but they are a bit rare. Gray or even blue works well too.

I am usually against mutilating LEGO, but the half pins come tirteen a dozen, since there are extras in every set.

What we really need is a 6587.gif with a shorter axle. I guess you could cut one of those as well.

The third leg was, as far as I know, first made known by master builder Pepa Quin. He only describes it with the old astromech body, though.

Edited by Skafte

It's easily fixed for the newer bodies!

Cut a groove in a technic half pin 4274.gif at a right angle to those already there. I used a hacksaw blade. If it doesn't fit, cut it a bit more. You'll want a white one, but they are a bit rare. Gray or even blue works well too.

I am usually against mutilating LEGO, but the half pins come tirteen a dozen, since there are extras in every set.

What we really need is a 6587.gif with a shorter axle. I guess you could cut one of those as well.

The third leg was, as far as I know, first made known by master builder Pepa Quin. He only describes it with the old astromech body, though.

Ha, I knew it cannot be done using standard lego parts, I've tried the technic half pin in the newer astromechs and also failed. Thanks for confirming this Skafte. Then I guess we really have to cut the technic half pin shorter, but it's not a problem since we all have tons of spares of these.

Ha, I knew it cannot be done using standard lego parts, I've tried the technic half pin in the newer astromechs and also failed. Thanks for confirming this Skafte. Then I guess we really have to cut the technic half pin shorter, but it's not a problem since we all have tons of spares of these.

I don't think cutting the 1/2 pin shorter is the answer. You need to cut a new set of grooves in line with the length of the pin, and perpindicular to the existing grooves. Think about how you would make a 1/2 pin fit into an axlehole, and that should give you the idea, since the newer astromech bodies have an axlehole type connection on the bottom end.

For those who are purists, in dioramas where the Astromech unit is attached to the base/floor and the floor is tiled over, you can put a white hand into the cheese, stick the other end into the droid, and rotate the droid's body until it squeezes the cheese into place. I did that in this dio, but for some reason I don't have a good pic of it.

I don't think cutting the 1/2 pin shorter is the answer. You need to cut a new set of grooves in line with the length of the pin, and perpindicular to the existing grooves. Think about how you would make a 1/2 pin fit into an axlehole, and that should give you the idea, since the newer astromech bodies have an axlehole type connection on the bottom end.

Understood, I guess it ain't that easy after all. I'll try that and maybe B-Doc's hand technique too. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Understood, I guess it ain't that easy after all. I'll try that and maybe B-Doc's hand technique too. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Oh yeah, in addition to those listed above, you can cut the ridged side of a lightsaber hilt off (the side that's usually the bottom) and insert that into the Astromech. The drawback is that there's a slightly thicker bit of plastic between the droid and the cheese.

I've also been looking for this...

I'm confused. new body? There's only been one astromech body mold.

No, there's been two. Hence the reason the pin fits in the old ones and not the new ones.

I've also been looking for this...

I'm confused. new body? There's only been one astromech body mold.

As previously pointed out, the old astromechs have hollow inner tubes underneath, while the new ones have technic cross gaps inside.

And why did they change it?

Strength issue, maybe?

I'm sure it's stronger with the extra plastic inside.

Hopefully someone can answer this, I don't think many people bought this, but...

10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker, do you feel it's really worth the price tag? I've been biting my tongue on buying this, but my recent small obsession in making a clone army is growing. Plus, I really like the set. So, overall...worth it, or no? Just want some opinions... Thanks

Hopefully someone can answer this, I don't think many people bought this, but...

10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker, do you feel it's really worth the price tag? I've been biting my tongue on buying this, but my recent small obsession in making a clone army is growing. Plus, I really like the set. So, overall...worth it, or no? Just want some opinions... Thanks

IMHO I think that if you like the set, have the $, and want to build your army, then that is a set you should absolutely buy. I do not own the set as it is a bit pricey for me, but I do think it is one of Lego's better made SW sets. Go ahead and buy it my friend. It seems you have already made up your mind anyway.

IMHO I think that if you like the set, have the $, and want to build your army, then that is a set you should absolutely buy. I do not own the set as it is a bit pricey for me, but I do think it is one of Lego's better made SW sets. Go ahead and buy it my friend. It seems you have already made up your mind anyway.

I got mine while I was in NZ for 200 NZ dollars :cry_happy:

And why did they change it?

The astromech body could after the change be used for other stuff with a technic axle through them, such as the MINI TIE Bomber you got as bonus in sets 4484-4487.

I haven't bought it, but I do really like it. I'd strongly suggest looking at the reviews and such. :classic:

I bought mine during the May the 4th be with You promotion this year, so I didn't pay full price. But I have to say that it is one of my favorite sets. For the $180 USD that I paid, it was an incredible bargain. At the full $250 USD? I think it would still be worth it for me, but I'd have just a touch of buyer's remorse. But only a touch :wink:

I bought mine during the May the 4th be with You promotion this year, so I didn't pay full price. But I have to say that it is one of my favorite sets. For the $180 USD that I paid, it was an incredible bargain. At the full $250 USD? I think it would still be worth it for me, but I'd have just a touch of buyer's remorse. But only a touch :wink:

Man! I would've been more than happy to pay that price, I'd have bought two! For you SW collectors, do you think it'll be discontinued soon? Since it'll be 2 years soon for it's release.

Man! I would've been more than happy to pay that price, I'd have bought two! For you SW collectors, do you think it'll be discontinued soon? Since it'll be 2 years soon for it's release.

I doubt it, the UCD Falcon has been availabe in some places for a lot more than two years.

I doubt it, the UCD Falcon has been availabe in some places for a lot more than two years.

It really depends. Two year is the average lifetime. You also have to remember that the Dropship is an Exclusive, not a UCS. The really big UCSs usually have a longer lifetime. (remember the UCS ISD?)

It really depends. Two year is the average lifetime. You also have to remember that the Dropship is an Exclusive, not a UCS. The really big UCSs usually have a longer lifetime. (remember the UCS ISD?)

Point taken. But there have been a few long lasting sets. Like the assasin droid BP default_laugh_new.gif