XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

heres my question

what lego star wars sets do you expect them to make for august 2011.

i beleive they will make separatist super tank from the clone wars for the big one like clone turbo tank was this year!!!

heres my question

what lego star wars sets do you expect them to make for august 2011.

i beleive they will make separatist super tank from the clone wars for the big one like clone turbo tank was this year!!!

Havn't you posted this in the future star wars sets topic and created a topic about this aready? :classic: :classic:

Havn't you posted this in the future star wars sets topic and created a topic about this aready? :classic: :classic:

Indeed.

And he's already posted his thoughts on a tank in the picture and rumor topic.

Time to slow down commanderneyo and please use <shift> - just once in a while :sceptic:

Refrain from reposting the same stuff all over the forum too - it's annoying.

Other members please ignore the question as it's already being answered in other topics and let's keep this strictly for general LEGO Star Wars questions.

Uhmm, there's no concrete answer but the simplest will probably be when TLG decides to release an Endor celebration-based set, where these three jedi ghosts appeared. But I highly doubt how TLG will create these ghostly figures, as transparent minifigs are very hard and expensive to create, AFAIK. All-white MFs (like the white Boba) might be the best way to go.

IMO, the best thing to do would be to make them GitD.

Uhmm, there's no concrete answer but the simplest will probably be when TLG decides to release an Endor celebration-based set, where these three jedi ghosts appeared. But I highly doubt how TLG will create these ghostly figures, as transparent minifigs are very hard and expensive to create, AFAIK. All-white MFs (like the white Boba) might be the best way to go.

This question's actually been presented to TLG before. The answer is that the clear elements are made of polycarbonate instead of ABS, which, although strong, is a much more rigid materiel. When the arms are inserted into the torso, the plastic will crack. This is also the reason why the Crystal Skull skeletons had white bodies.

This question's actually been presented to TLG before. The answer is that the clear elements are made of polycarbonate instead of ABS, which, although strong, is a much more rigid materiel. When the arms are inserted into the torso, the plastic will crack. This is also the reason why the Crystal Skull skeletons had white bodies.

Wow I didn't know that form the not so wise words off Jar Jar "Messa learns newsa stuff everdaysa" :tongue:

Indeed.

And he's already posted his thoughts on a tank in the picture and rumor topic.

Time to slow down commanderneyo and please use <shift> - just once in a while :sceptic:

Refrain from reposting the same stuff all over the forum too - it's annoying.

Other members please ignore the question as it's already being answered in other topics and let's keep this strictly for general LEGO Star Wars questions.

oh sorry im just trying to get some good responses and ideas for the sets sorry if its bothering you :cry_sad:

That is interesting, I always wondered why they were white...

Thank you Brickdoctor and KeilDaMan

Ooh, another informative tidbit from the Doc. :wink: I never knew that one, and here I am a chemist who forgot the fact that those trans-clear lego parts were polycarbonates and not ABS, silly me. :grin:

They could in look into other types of transparent plastics. Polycarb is not the only type.

I was hoping for ghost or even hologram minifigs.

Well, we did get that holographic Emperor.

But that was a panel with a sticker on it.

Not really a question but more of a continuation of common topic. I just got the latests Luke's Landspeeder and I have to say that I do not like Obi Wan with pupils. I really dislike Han Solo's non pupiled earlier designs and think that the Slave 1 and new ATAT version heads are fantastic for Han Solo. But comparing my Death Star set Obi Wan and Land Speeder Obi Wan, I much prefer the DS version. Luke I am still on the fence with pupiled and non pupiled versions.

Princess Leia is pretty bad too. Are there pupil versions of her yet?

Here's a question i've wondered about for a while:

In the 10198 Tantive IV set, my princess leia's cinnabon hair was all smooth and chocolate-looking, but in the X-wing set her hair is normal and properly molded. Was this just a mismold or are they all like that?

Here's a question i've wondered about for a while:

In the 10198 Tantive IV set, my princess leia's cinnabon hair was all smooth and chocolate-looking, but in the X-wing set her hair is normal and properly molded. Was this just a mismold or are they all like that?

I think this was brought out before in this set review made by ben506. It clearly is a mismold, as Bricklink has the normal Leia bun-roll hair mold in the official inventory of the set. I just don't know if all the released 10198s have this mismolded hair, as I don't own this set. Maybe someone who has this set and has the normal Leia hair can confirm.

From ben506's review of 10198 Tantive IV:

"The Leia from the Death Star (left) and the Tantive IV Leia (right):"

3905961549_1f27dff622_o.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan

I think this was brought out before in this set review made by ben506. It clearly is a mismold, as Bricklink has the normal Leia bun-roll hair mold in the official inventory of the set. I just don't know if all the released 10198s have this mismolded hair, as I don't own this set. Maybe someone who has this set and has the normal Leia hair can confirm.

I don't know. I think it was on purpose. That's what I have, anyways.

I know that originally, all Tantive IVs (first production run?) came with the smooth hair, and the minifig is listed on Bricklink as an alternate minifig for the set. Nowadays, all the sets have the original hair.

Yeah, I tried to backread the set review and it seems everyone who got the set had all the smooth Leia bunhair. If it was intended to be that way, then whats the purpose behind it?

Yeah, I tried to backread the set review and it seems everyone who got the set had all the smooth Leia bunhair. If it was intended to be that way, then whats the purpose behind it?

I think it was sort of like the switch to stone greys; LEGO went ahead and switched, fans complained, but since it was only limited to one set, TLG could correct it. Maybe our friendly Star Wars Moderator who obviously knows more than he admits could shed some light on this. :tongue: