XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

"Glued" could mean anything.

Legs glued to magnet, legs glued to torso, head glued to torso. Hat, helmet or hairpiece glued to the head.

If they use the same stuff they use in the keychains, then there is hope. I have the Millenium Falcon keychain and dropped it once. When it hit the ground, one of the docking rings and dishes that form the fuselage popped off. I'm not sure if a knife to a minifig is going to do the trick, though. You'll probably do more damage than you will want to do.

Some enterprising soul could buy a magnet set and experiment with unglueing techniques, and report back to us. :grin:

Does anybody have the early preliminary pictures of the Clone Turbo Tank with the Tactical Droid? I heard a lot about it but never saw this picture.

Does anybody have the early preliminary pictures of the Clone Turbo Tank with the Tactical Droid? I heard a lot about it but never saw this picture.

Err, the Clone Turbo Tank just came out this past year, and has Cad Bane. The Tactical Droid is going to be in Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter. A picture of it can be found in the 2011 Rumor and Picture Thread.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't? :oh:

Err, the Clone Turbo Tank just came out this past year, and has Cad Bane. The Tactical Droid is going to be in Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter. A picture of it can be found in the 2011 Rumor and Picture Thread.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't? :oh:

But the prelims showed a Tactical Droid in the CTT. I think he's wanting to compare the two. Im sure a quick look on brickset or flickr will show you some results but I dont have a direct link sorry.

Here's something I've always wanted to know: Why so much hate over rehashes of previous sets?

Something I've wondered too. But I think it's 'cause they want new ships, not realizing or not caring that the existing ships have multiple flaws.

Personally, I don't think there can ever be too many remakes if each remake makes the set better. In the same way that you go on about the X-wing, I could probably rant about their T-47 design. Both are just close enough to satisfy most people, but in reality are chock full of inaccuracies and flaws that make them look ugly.

But the prelims showed a Tactical Droid in the CTT. I think he's wanting to compare the two. Im sure a quick look on brickset or flickr will show you some results but I dont have a direct link sorry.

Ecxept that theres a problem from what I saw. The box said it was a "Tactical Droid" but in the image on the box it was a normal Battle Droid on the CTT.

Here's something I've always wanted to know: Why so much hate over rehashes of previous sets?

I wouldn't say there's hate over rehashes in general, just hate against certain rehashes. If they came out with a new Cloud City or Jabba's Palace I don't think you'd hear much complaining. A lot of it is just "They chose THAT to remake?" There are a lot of ships that haven't been touched either so when they remake something it needs to be a set that is desperate for one, not one that's been out in the last 5 years. For instance, while I bought the newest AT-AT, we didn't really need one so soon. The motorized version is still at the LEGO store in my area as we speak. The new Slave 1 was also too soon. That's just my opinion on it.

Are boxes of sets the same all over N. America? Because I got a set that I already have (what a shocker eh :tongue: ) from USA as a gift, so I want to exchange it.

Are boxes of sets the same all over N. America? Because I got a set that I already have (what a shocker eh :tongue: ) from USA as a gift, so I want to exchange it.

I believe that they should be. If you look at the packaging carefully, it lists the distribution locations for Canada, the U.S. and Mexico, which says to me that those same boxes are put out in those three countries, so you should be good.

Theres French on the Canadian boxes. You might not be able to exchange it because they wouldn't be able to sell it.

Theres French on the Canadian boxes. You might not be able to exchange it because they wouldn't be able to sell it.

US boxes have French on them too.

Ecxept that theres a problem from what I saw. The box said it was a "Tactical Droid" but in the image on the box it was a normal Battle Droid on the CTT.

You're right, I finally found the picture here. Aayla does look nice :laugh:

I wouldn't say there's hate over rehashes in general, just hate against certain rehashes. If they came out with a new Cloud City or Jabba's Palace I don't think you'd hear much complaining. A lot of it is just "They chose THAT to remake?" There are a lot of ships that haven't been touched either so when they remake something it needs to be a set that is desperate for one, not one that's been out in the last 5 years. For instance, while I bought the newest AT-AT, we didn't really need one so soon. The motorized version is still at the LEGO store in my area as we speak. The new Slave 1 was also too soon. That's just my opinion on it.

Agree on that - a remake that comes too soon or changes too little is bound to be unpopular. On the other side you got great remakes such as Grievous' Starfighter or the Sith Infiltrator next this year, which are really a lot better than the old versions. But the newest Slave I and AT-AT are actually worse than their predecessors...

But the newest Slave I and AT-AT are actually worse than their predecessors...

Slave 1 I'm not so sure, other than that I like the classic Boba better. The 2010 one's color scheme appealed to me more than the '06 one.

I see your point, and I agree that certain ships have been released too frequently (without much improvement at that - the upcoming Falcon and the procession of Delta-7Bs appear to support this) but isn't that just the way LEGO works, since most System LEGO sets don't stay in production for over two years? (This is why I'm so baffled at why 6212 is sitting in the local Toys R Us after four years.)

Slave 1 I'm not so sure, other than that I like the classic Boba better. The 2010 one's color scheme appealed to me more than the '06 one.

Well, I would agree that the dark green is an improvement (it is more accurate, after all :classic: ) but I didn't really get the cherry red. It's just too shiny (though it may be just LEGO's refusal to do something about the heavily <insert that tiresome argument> bottom area and overexposed canopy piece). The grey stabilizer fins were also something that confused me (they're clearly tan in the film). Factor in the oversized and exaggerated laser cannons, the fact that they can't seem to separate the cockpit from the stabilizer fins, and this terrible thing and suddenly this set doesn't look so great. (The astronomical price is one of the few throwbacks to classic LEGO Star Wars, so I won't complain about that.) And I don't think you can really say that the hull patterning for 8097 is any better than that of 6209. (They both look totally random to me.)

I see your point, and I agree that certain ships have been released too frequently (without much improvement at that - the upcoming Falcon and the procession of Delta-7Bs appear to support this) but isn't that just the way LEGO works, since most System LEGO sets don't stay in production for over two years? (This is why I'm so baffled at why 6212 is sitting in the local Toys R Us after four years.)

I can accept that they waited seven years to update the Falcon (mainly because the UCS set filled the gap). It's one of those ships that TLG would be dumb not to remake every 3-4 years because it's guaranteed to sell well. Other less iconic ships, not so much.

As for the X-Wing, I'm not sure why it's never left shelves. It's still one of the better deals though for anyone entering Lego SW.

As for the X-Wing, I'm not sure why it's never left shelves. It's still one of the better deals though for anyone entering Lego SW.

That's probably why it is still around. :tongue: However, I don't think that the X-Wing that is currently on shelves will reach 2012 because I predict that TLG will remake the X-Wing for the 2012 Summer Wave.

Lord Embo

That's probably why it is still around. :tongue: However, I don't think that the X-Wing that is currently on shelves will reach 2012 because I predict that TLG will remake the X-Wing for the 2012 Summer Wave.

Lord Embo

No Id say its too soon for a remake...for its 10th? remake..

I still need to get that set...

No Id say its too soon for a remake...for its 10th? remake..

I still need to get that set...

10th? I count 6- the original, the one in Yoda's Hut, 6212, one UCS, and two MINIs.

Either way, this set will probably last at least until mid-2011, and there's no way we get a System remake of the same ship in under a year. Variant of the X-wing, maybe, if you can even think of one, but not the same set.

10th? I count 6- the original, the one in Yoda's Hut, 6212, one UCS, and two MINIs.

Either way, this set will probably last at least until mid-2011, and there's no way we get a System remake of the same ship in under a year. Variant of the X-wing, maybe, if you can even think of one, but not the same set.

I was exaggerating but there are 7, three MINIs and they could include a small minfigure scale x-wing (like TIE Advanced in DS) in a set like Cloud City..

Stealth-X, Tandem X-wing, X-TIE, Z-95 Headhunter (which is similar enough for LEGO to release it)...

Counting only the System renditions, that's only two, 7140 and 4502 (because there's no way I'm counting 6212 as a remake). Compare to the Slave I, which has had three (7144, 6209, 8097) and the Falcon, which will be having its third one. The AT-AT also has three (4483, 10178, 8129). Even the TIE Advanced x1 has had more versions (also three - 7150, 10131, 8017). For the T-47, well... just ask Brickdoctor.

After 6 years, I think it's time for a remake of the X-wing.

I was exaggerating but there are 7, three MINIs and they could include a small minfigure scale x-wing (like TIE Advanced in DS) in a set like Cloud City..

7... okay, technically, you're right. I think of the separate original MINI more as a repackaging or reissue than a remake, but officially it is a rerelease.

I suspect that the 2011 Falcon will be the new 6212 X-Wing, a set with many main charachters, that stays in production longer than the average set. 6212 will probably be retired when the Falcon is released, since LEGO knows that the minifigs sell sets, not the ships! A new X-Wing is likely in a couple of years, though.

A logical explanation to that would be that they planned to include a new Tactical Droid (perhaps the one we're getting in Mace's Starfighter) but but the normal Battle Droid there as a placeholder. It's a prelim after all.

Has anyone figured out a way to build a minifig-scaled Juggernaut? Has it been done before in MOC history?

If not, I would like to be the first one to do so. If anyone has any suggestions please post!

~~Lloyd