XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Just realised I've saved up £35 in tesco clubcard points and with their exchange happening at xmas that gives me £70 to spen on either 7965 Millenium Falcon or 8097 Slave 1, but i'm torn between which to buy myself, assuming you didn't have any of the previous versions which would you buy and why?

Just realised I've saved up £35 in tesco clubcard points and with their exchange happening at xmas that gives me £70 to spen on either 7965 Millenium Falcon or 8097 Slave 1, but i'm torn between which to buy myself, assuming you didn't have any of the previous versions which would you buy and why?

If you don't plan to buy both of them anyway, I'd buy 7965. 8097 seems to be discontinued anyway, and its price is comparatively high. Not to mention that you can get a nicer Boba via the new skiff.

Edited by Brickadeer

If you don't plan to buy both of them anyway, I'd buy 7965. 8097 seems to be discontinued anyway, and its price is comparatively high. Not to mention that you can get a nicer Boba via the new skiff.

In tesco it is £90 and on the lego website it it £135!? what the hell is going on there?

Its now changed on Tesco to £110 and Slave 1 is no longer available, damn my indecisiveness!

You either buy it, or you don't. There is no such thing as "indeciveness" :wink:

Does anyone know if the newer [R5-D4] dome has a separate number on bricklink because the figure doesn't appear to have one?

Edited by Brickdoctor
Clarified question after topic merge; part of the question was in the old topic title.

Its now changed on Tesco to £110 and Slave 1 is no longer available, damn my indecisiveness!

I know stupid!? £20 more I have to pay now

In this blog, Howard Roffman announces his return to Lucasfilm. At some point, he writes, "I re-launched Star Wars toys after nearly a 10 year hiatus. I brought LEGO into the Star Wars fold. To say that I am passionate about Star Wars would be a gross understatement." I came to wonder why he explicitly mentions Lego and no other toy line. Is LEGO Star Wars that successul? Does anyone know any figures that allow any reasonable guesses?

In this blog, Howard Roffman announces his return to Lucasfilm. At some point, he writes, "I re-launched Star Wars toys after nearly a 10 year hiatus. I brought LEGO into the Star Wars fold. To say that I am passionate about Star Wars would be a gross understatement." I came to wonder why he explicitly mentions Lego and no other toy line. Is LEGO Star Wars that successul? Does anyone know any figures that allow any reasonable guesses?

For several years now, in the LEGO top 10 with the highest revenue (that's revenue, not number of sales!) Star Wars sets make up about 7 of the 10 sets. LEGO only publishes the top 10 without the actual turnover per set, so I can't say how much it could be.

This year could be different though; I heard LEGO have dropped production of several products in favour of the LEGO Friends line; which are a huge success...

How can TLG sell the figs like TC-14, Shirtless Maul and so on and sell them by themselves? I thought Hasbro sued them(or something of the sort)...

How can TLG sell the figs like TC-14, Shirtless Maul and so on and sell them by themselves? I thought Hasbro sued them(or something of the sort)...

They don't sell them directly; they only give them away. (for spending a certain amount on a certain day, buying a certain set, going to a certain event, etc.) When you see someone selling them just by themselves, it's another retailer, not TLG.

I know Hasbro is locked into their contract for some time, but afterwards it will be interesting to tell how Disney will handle that aspect of the contract. Maybe Disney will see how much profit there could be in these types of SW single figures and finally allow Lego to go that route. Granted, I know Lego makes sets and not action figures, but at the very least they could bring back the removeable magnet sets.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me were I could possibly find at least 2 white or drak gray lego building plates? I've been looking online and all I can seem to find are green and blue building plates, the reason why I'm asking by the way is that I would like to expand my hoth collection.

Thanks For Your Help!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me were I could possibly find at least 2 white or drak gray lego building plates? I've been looking online and all I can seem to find are green and blue building plates, the reason why I'm asking by the way is that I would like to expand my hoth collection.

Thanks For Your Help!

http://www.bricklink.com/

:)

The rubber "hats" for Maul and Savage really turn me off. Are they functional, or do they come off easily?

Not sure what the first part of the question means, but they come off as easily as any Lego part. They aren't difficult to remove, and they aren't difficult to keep on either (they don't just fall off).

They are their Zabrak horns, so I think they serve their purpose being a physical trait of their species. But with any LEGO, if you don't like something, change it.

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Boba Fett from Boba Fett’s Slave I - Mini - Star Wars Celebration VI Exclusive is the same (at least helmet, torso, and legs) as in 9496, and if the head of Luke in Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder - Mini - New York Comic-Con 2012 Exclusive is the same as in 8089?

Boba Fett has the same legs, torso and helmet as this in 9496, have only diffrent head (with balaclava the same as for example in stormtrooper from 9489) and don't have pauldron cloth, Jet Pack and Rangefinder.

Luke head is the same as Luke's in 8129, 9496, 8089, 10212, 8092 and 9493 but in my set was in stud recessed variant, older variants of this head from example set you aksing have hollow stud variant. But some 9496 have also stud recessed variant.

I was making inventories of those two minifigs on bricklink.

I asked it earlier but no one's been able to help, can someone please help me track down sw 029a? there's nothing on bricklink and I even bough the only set it appeared in and was given a standard R5 D4. I don;t want to purchase any more in the hope that I get the new dome, there must be an easier way!!

What set did that r5d4 come with?

'edit' never mind, I searched... What exactly are the differences between the one you received to the one that should come with it?http://legostarwars.wikia.com/wiki/R5-D4 is the one I see, the dome has no print, it is just the body that has print...?

Edited by Fuppylodders