Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Alright, what time tonight is episode 57 airing on TV in Hong Kong, and what time zone? Can Americans stream Cartoon Network Hong Kong? :tongue:

Maybe the reason that Nadakhan's Crew don't use there wishes to defeat the ninja is that they've already used up each of there 3 wishes.

Or Maybe Nadakhan only grants wishes that benifit him. He isn't forced to grant wishes he just does to mess with people to get this way.

The first reason that you acted sounds actually the most plausible, although we know from the website that, while most of his crew members have used up their wishes (and getting tricked for them), Clancee has not, in fear of getting tricked by Nadakhan. He could be the one to make wishes that in some way defeat the ninja without killing them (I wish for an army of evil ninja...?), but I'm not sure if that's how this series's plot will end up...

As for the second point, defeating the ninja would certainly benefit Nadakhan. While it isn't as apparent in the beginning, the trailer reveals he's getting revenge on the ninja for something that they will do to him.

Alright, what time tonight is episode 57 airing on TV in Hong Kong, and what time zone? Can Americans stream Cartoon Network Hong Kong? :tongue:

The episode is out already. And I don't know whether there are something like that .

The episode is out already. And I don't know whether there are something like that .

Hmm, alright. I assume you're uploading it right now? Never mind, found the answer in a YT comment. :tongue:

Edited by Starrocks923

Ronin captured the Ninja, so maybe he showed the police how to hold ghosts, so that he could keep his reward.

The episodes are finally uploaded,in HD!

Here's the links to them:

Part 1 : https://youtu.be/NVpW15xvIck

Part 2 : https://youtu.be/oncCRJiZ_PQ

Review:

So I'm not going to talk about the plot here, as you can watch it on YouTube. But I love how this episode explained many things, like what is a djinn blade, what it does, how misfortune's keep become a flying ship e.t.c . Also loves the fact that they use djinjago to make Nadakhan seems " not evil " . This episode also makes me think is Chima a sister realm of curse realm

Edited by NinjaJayNuva

Oh! What an amazing episode. I won't get into full details to avoid spoilers, but giving Nadakhan a noble purpose makes his character so much more complex and fascinating. Seriously, the scene with the collapsing Djinjago gave me goosebumps!

It amuses me greatly how the member of Nadakhan's crew with the most stereotypically pirate-y accent and peg leg is the one looked down upon the most. And Cole's screw-up was rather predictable, to be honest. Also, how the heck did they capture a giant Stone Warrior? And why does he get a shiny silver suit? Nice to see that Soto is actually reasonably competent. On the other hand, you'd think a folk composed of reality warpers apparently powerful enough to stop time would think of keeping their home frozen in time until a solution can be found (either bringing the Preeminent back to life (should be possible, considering that it's not just not one of the things impossible for djinn to do, but the opposite of one of those) or linking the realm to another to replace the cursed realm). I'm going to blame the stupidity of the guards of Kryptarium (they were maybe a meter out of screen in a visibly straight hallway when Kai covered up the hole with a poster) on some invention of ridiculous bowler hat guy. Apart from that, the ninja's escape is actually rather impressive.

It's rather unfortunate that the "Ninja on the run" subplot will doubtless continue on, but it was really, really nice to see Whiplash again!

The episodes are finally uploaded,in HD!

Here's the links to them:

Part 1 : https://youtu.be/NVpW15xvIck

Part 2 : https://youtu.be/oncCRJiZ_PQ

Ooh, just as I was cooking some garlic bread, too :grin: This episode was absolutely fantastic!

I must say I am pleasantly surprised to see that my concerns over the "realms" idea were unfounded, and I think it's plain to see that Djinnjago (really?) falling after the Cursed Realm is going to be the first (second?) of many dominos to fall, and this gives a good reason for some of the ninja's older enemies to return, such as the Overlord or the Skulkin. My apologies to Aanchir, he was right after all.

I'm also glad to see that they're beginning to address the problem of the ninja continually stating the obvious. The development of Nadakhan is great so far, his motives are believable (even if his means are highly questionable, more on that later), and while Soto's hinting made it blatantly obvious there would be a plot twist regarding Nya I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet. "Delarah" (something tells me I've got her name horribly wrong), who I'm almost certain is Nya's mother. I'll wait before I get too carried away with this idea, but it certainly will explain a lot. I'm curious as to whether or not "Delarah" will turn out to be Cyren, their faces share some similarities (which all female minifigures do) and Cyren hasn't appeared just yet.

I do still have some worries about the writing quality, but since it's a kid show it's not too bad. Seeing Soto again was great, the Stone Warrior was the elephant in the room (near literally) and the cyborg prisoner was very well-done. However, I can't help but avoid noticing that they couldn't break out of Vengestone (which should have little effect on Cole, but I can't recall the specifics from Possession so meh, whatever), but somehow Lloyd could magically unlock all of their chains at once. Probably can be explained with headcanon, but still. Finally, Nadakhan trying to steal the ninja's souls before anyone else's is pretty lame. Basic villain 101: practicality > vendetta. We haven't seen him do anything stupid yet so not a big problem.

Despite my glowing praise for this episode, it was really the last few minutes that decided for me whether or not it would be a mediocre episode with good points, or a great episode. Anyway, that about sums up my thoughts for this episode. I'm glad to see that NINJAGO's back to form already after Possession. I've been worried they had jumped the shark, so to speak, but they might not have just yet. Thanks to NinjaJayNuva, your contributions to the community are much appreciated :wink:

Edited by Mandate

I've recently started getting into the show, I've watched the first two seasons so far and I'm wondering how the next seasons compare to the first two? No spoilers please :laugh:

Also does Lloyd's voice ever change? Him having the same voice he had as a kid is throwing me off :wacko:

The third season is almost as good as the second, possibly on par with the first, while (just realized you don't think of the pilot as the first season) the third is less good but still watchable. The fourth is closer to the pilot in quality and then seasons five ("Possession") is about as great as the first season.

Edited by DraikNova

I really enjoyed the escape scene, the episode wasn't bad at all. I have found two new favorite characters, flintlocke and the mechanic. I loved Nadakhan's crew song, one of the best scenes of the episode. What's the deal with cyren? Did she die?

Wow, one of the best episodes in a long time! Can't wait to see the Kryptarium Escape set.

Is that woman Nya's mom? What's up with that?

Soto's hinting made it blatantly obvious there would be a plot twist regarding Nya I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet. "Delarah" (something tells me I've got her name horribly wrong), who I'm almost certain is Nya's mother. I'll wait before I get too carried away with this idea, but it certainly will explain a lot. I'm curious as to whether or not "Delarah" will turn out to be Cyren, their faces share some similarities (which all female minifigures do) and Cyren hasn't appeared just yet.

I heavily doubt Delarah is Nya's mother, great grandmother maybe. It said in Ep 55 that Captain Soto defeated Nadakhan and in the second season it said that Captain Soto originally perished 200 years before the ninja's time. Nadakhan can't have loved Delarah after he was trapped in the teapot.

This new episode really opens up a potential issue for the ninja to worry about, possibly in the next season. I imagine this season they will deal with Nadakhan and his ragtag crew and then turn their attention to the realms falling like dominos in the next. It really shows how dark the show is getting when we bear witness to, not one, but two realms falling and leaving the deaths of many seen and unseen characters to the imagination. It's a shame I had the 'Nya resembles Nadakhan's lost love' plot point spoiled for me just a couple of days ago. Would've added more shock to that little twist. But this season has definitely got me interested, maybe more so than previous seasons have by the third episode. Very interested to see how it all goes as the season goes on.

I must also say, Flintlocke sounds too much like Mother Doomsday!

Drat, I had only just realized that but you ninja'd me to post it :tongue:

You're absolutely right, though. Assuming they're going to hold true to what little is left of the timeline, which they have so far this season, Delarah cannot possibly be the mother of Kai or Nya. A distant relative at best, but I'd say this is the trope of the villain finding a main character that looks just like a loved one of their own. Perhaps Delarah is Cyren after all (or Jay's mother :look: ), and Nadakhan will find a way of bringing people back to life by the end of the season.

Cyren and squiffy are missing from the crew.

since Sensai Wu, Misako and Clouse are in the Sword of Soul (a lot better name than DJin Blade)

does Nadakhan have their powers ?

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Episode 58 is up! Don't have the direct link to it, but you can find it with a quick YouTube search.

Well we finally figure out Jay is adopted and honestly his father is no one you would expect. Poor kai, he's the first one to be captured in the sword. Don't know what's the deal with nya looking like Nadakhan's love, it's kind of stupid in my opinion.

Edited by amazingbricks

Just watched Enkrytpted for the fifth time and Misfortune Rising for the second. Man, I have that pirate song stuck in my head! I loved it so much I edited the audio to make just the song at MP3 I could listen to!

Anyway, I hope this doesn't mean Kai's out for the rest of the season. It does seem like each ninja will be picked off one by one except Jay, who has to use his final wish to save them all...

I'm a tad annoyed that they kind of blew over the whole adoption thing. I was expecting it to be really big in the season and they had tremendous buildup (and great music when the postman said his dad died) but then it was just there and gone. Hopefully that will be touched on more later. I'm surprised Jay isn't leaping off to find out who his mom is...

Cyren and squiffy are missing from the crew.

since Sensai Wu, Misako and Clouse are in the Sword of Soul (a lot better name than DJin Blade)

does Nadakhan have their powers ?

Cyren is actually in the pirate crew of this episode. Pretty disappointing as I hoped she'd be more prominent and a "main" member of the crew. Hoping she gets more prominence later on in the season...

(Darn, just realized I double posted... Sorry about that. If a mod could combine by posts that would be nice.

Edited by legozebra

Cyren is actually in the pirate crew of this episode. Pretty disappointing as I hoped she'd be more prominent and a "main" member of the crew. Hoping she gets more prominence later on in the season...

I was pretty disappointed when I saw her there. Dogshanks is... weird, and having a deadly assassin-esque pirate would have been nice. So far Flintlocke and Nadakhan are the only interesting characters. The monkey is starting to annoy me, though.

I'm not sure what to say after this episode. It was good, don't get me wrong, but it seemed pretty... unfocused. Nadakhan's plans seem to be just taking out the ninja 1 on 1. It's reasonable, but I had expected something a bit more grand than tricking them into saying "I wish" three times. The repetitiveness is becoming a bit too obvious, and while Jay's actor and animators delivered his scenes as well as I would expect Kai's felt like a trainwreck disaster.

The "on the run" sideplot seems like it's already finished. A big shame, too, keeping the cops around (or even just Ronin) to hunt the ninja would have added a much deeper level to the plot if handled correctly.

I was excited at the thought of a Destiny's Bounty VS Misfortune's Keep but sadly I don't think they're going to do that now that the DB has gone poof.

Jay... probably the least consistent part of this episode. He disappears for long enough to have gotten to Ed and Edna's junkyard from NNC and back again, yet not as much as a passing comment by Nya on why it's important they stick together, especially seeing as the reasoning was completely justified after what Jay did. I don't fully believe Nadakhan's own explanation for Jay's new-found adoptedness, and while it's pretty obvious from earlier episodes that while he (Jay) cares about Ed and Edna he wouldn't be sad if someone else were his parents, but the complete lack of a shock (no pun intended) is a missed opportunity. So, assuming Nadakhan was telling the truth neither Ed nor Edna were Elemental Masters, and I wonder if they'll reveal the original Master of Lightning soon.

As for Kai seeing his father, I'm glad that my fears were unfounded and that it was only a flashback. His father looks very similar to the original Master of Fire, and I'll leave it at that. As much as I normally hate Kai's gravitational pull around the story elements, I'm not sure what to think now that he's out of the picture. On the one hand yay, on the other hand... wasn't expecting that.

Episode 58 is up! Don't have the direct link to it, but you can find it with a quick YouTube search.

Well we finally figure out Jay is adopted and honestly his father is no one you would expect. Poor kai, he's the first one to be captured in the sword. Don't know what's the deal with nya looking like Nadakhan's love, it's kind of stupid in my opinion.

"No one you would expect" - but I said it on the previous page. :tongue:

It annoys me how Jay wasn't even shocked whend he realized he was adopted. They could have done this much better.

And remember when Chen told Kai that his father had a "dark secret"? That was like 25 episodes ago and never became relevant.

Edited by Cagast

Kind of dissapointed that none of the ninja has realized that they could just wish for Nadakhan to become suicidal or something like that. And barring abuse of wishes, how come no one realized that they could just set up a trap that would activate upon Nadakhan's poofing in. Just link up a motion sensor to a motor with a sword attached and bam, no more problem.