Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

1 hour ago, Master_Data said:

Well, this is bad:

https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/975728113391988737

EDIT: I have no idea how to embed this. It just won't work.

Not a problem in the slightest. Those who bother to watch cam-vids are to all collective viewers of NINJAGO, as a pebble falling into the middle of the ocean. Sure, it's displacing space that the ocean could fill, but is anyone going to tell? Besides many people who watched the cam-vids of the season, will eventually watch the season again as it airs.

As a practice, it's a no-no, but not even a worthwhile-to-measure portion of the fanbase are using this as their only source for watching the show. The original tweet was also blown way out of proportion.

10 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Not a problem in the slightest. Those who bother to watch cam-vids are to all collective viewers of NINJAGO, as a pebble falling into the middle of the ocean. Sure, it's displacing space that the ocean could fill, but is anyone going to tell? Besides many people who watched the cam-vids of the season, will eventually watch the season again as it airs.

As a practice, it's a no-no, but not even a worthwhile-to-measure portion of the fanbase are using this as their only source for watching the show. The original tweet was also blown way out of proportion.

The problem is the recent season isn’t a cam - it’s in relatively good quality (pretty much HD) on YouTube, and somehow they haven’t been taken down due to copyright infringement. If it airs at different times all over the world, there’s a lot of fans who will resort to the HD versions on YouTube if it doesn’t air on TV when they’re free.

But Cartoon Network is still "buying" every new season, so that means, that they dont really lose money and the interest in the license is not really affected, isnt it? Even if somebody watches it on youtube, its mostly because people cant wait for the episodes to be shown at their respective CNs. Like it was allready stated, people will still watch the episodes when they air on television (I know, I will), its just, that we are verry impatient, and the air-dates are also verry messed up. As to why, youtube doesnt make a move on the ones posting these videos... who knows.

And lets not forget, the cartoon is mostly meant to be a "longer commercial", for the kids, to buy the merchandise. I admit, that its getting better with every season, which is also the reason, why I watch it every time its on, but the time-line and some of the plot-points are still pretty messed up. 

9 hours ago, legozebra said:

The problem is the recent season isn’t a cam - it’s in relatively good quality (pretty much HD) on YouTube, and somehow they haven’t been taken down due to copyright infringement. If it airs at different times all over the world, there’s a lot of fans who will resort to the HD versions on YouTube if it doesn’t air on TV when they’re free.

They get taken down by the source the day after. The other channels that stole the vid will have a reckoning.

11 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

They get taken down by the source the day after. The other channels that stole the vid will have a reckoning.

I’m sure they’ll eventually get taken down, but the issue is that many of the show’s most die-hard fans will have already seen them and watched them on YouTube the day they came out - just look at Eurobricks, where there was a discussion on each episode immediately after release. Will some people who participated in the discussion see it again when it airs? Probably. Will everyone? Definitely not - there’s at least a substantial number of viewers who will have been satisfied watching the first time around. As to how big of an issue it actually is, I’m not sure - this happens every season to little effect, but the fact that TA actually retweeted it and drew it to everyone’s attention means at least he is concerned about it, which is a little worrying.

I finally watched Hands of Time and I gotta say, the first half of the season was pretty solid! Probably the best balancing of the characters this show has done yet. Everyone felt like they mattered equally for once.  The episode in the desert with the slow motion time blade has the best action and suspense of the season, by far.

Towards the end, the story became a little anti climactic. The season just...stops, instead of having a satisfying ending. I get what they were going for, with he suspense of Wu being missing, but the twins and Vermillion’s defeat felt bland. Zane, Jay, Cole and Lloyd feel wasted too. Still one of the best seasons of the show, imo.

Episode 1 of season 8 is a HUGE jump in quality, if I do say.

On 3/27/2018 at 9:06 PM, legozebra said:
On 3/27/2018 at 8:51 PM, Penkid11 said:

I’m sure they’ll eventually get taken down, but the issue is that many of the show’s most die-hard fans will have already seen them and watched them on YouTube the day they came out - just look at Eurobricks, where there was a discussion on each episode immediately after release. Will some people who participated in the discussion see it again when it airs? Probably. Will everyone? Definitely not - there’s at least a substantial number of viewers who will have been satisfied watching the first time around. As to how big of an issue it actually is, I’m not sure - this happens every season to little effect, but the fact that TA actually retweeted it and drew it to everyone’s attention means at least he is concerned about it, which is a little worrying.

I'm not really sure why he would be concerned about it, by all accounts it really shouldn't be that big of an issue. If Ninjago's doing well enough to have continued this long, the amount of fans who don't watch it because they'd already seen it aren't going to be enough to cause it to be cancelled. And the franchise is the sets first and foremost anyway (or at least, I'm pretty sure that's how this works) so everything should be fine. As long as the show isn't terrible enough that it wouldn't be worth continuing if the sets can apparently sell on their own, but at the point, fans watching the early releases of the episodes wouldn't be the cause of that, nor could they have been enough to save it. 

If the show does do less than satisfactory on cable, there are plenty of factors that cause that, but it isn't because of the recordings on YouTube. 

Totally awesome. The Dragon Pit looks even better in-universe, with the massive cage built up over it. And did I just see two War Rigs? Shame, thought that would be some kind of ultimate weapon. But still, totally awesome.

Spoiler

Looks like Kai, Jay and Zane are gonna get captured and thrown into the pit, while Cole and a young Wu get . . lost? Interesting . . odd thing is, they certainly are making the Dragon Hunters look like bad guys, but they don't seem to be spinning the dragons as all that heroic either . . hmm. 

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Totally awesome. The Dragon Pit looks even better in-universe, with the massive cage built up over it. And did I just see two War Rigs? Shame, thought that would be some kind of ultimate weapon. But still, totally awesome.

Hide contents

Looks like Kai, Jay and Zane are gonna get captured and thrown into the pit, while Cole and a young Wu get . . lost? Interesting . . odd thing is, they certainly are making the Dragon Hunters look like bad guys, but they don't seem to be spinning the dragons as all that heroic either . . hmm. 

That's not another Dieselnaut, It looks to be a different vehicle that doesn't appear in any of the sets... that we know of, at least.

So excited to see the Elemental masters back on screen - hopefully this means more releases of the figures haven’t gotten yet (although Jacob, Camille, and Gravis are conspicuously missing from that shot).

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

So excited to see the Elemental masters back on screen - hopefully this means more releases of the figures haven’t gotten yet (although Jacob, Camille, and Gravis are conspicuously missing from that shot).

Maybe, although considering there haven't been any minifigure leaks or signs of them showing up. I wouldn't expect it for a while 

Spoiler

It seems like Cole and Wu will be splitting off from the group at some point going on their own quest. Hopefully this will finally lead to some more development of Cole

1 hour ago, KaiNinjaOfFire said:

Maybe, although considering there haven't been any minifigure leaks or signs of them showing up. I wouldn't expect it for a while 

Hide contents

It seems like Cole and Wu will be splitting off from the group at some point going on their own quest. Hopefully this will finally lead to some more development of Cole

I mean, the release patterns have been super random in the past (with the figures being revealed last minute), like the Elemental Masters 3 pack, the Bricktober collection, etc (some of which we didn't even see any leaks for until they either showed up on shelves or appeared on some random poster). I'm still holding out hope for a random reveal, although whether that comes next week or next year it's impossibly hard to predict.

Spoiler

Hey, this explains why only Zane, Jay and Kai get extra armor on their S9 minifigs. Also super hyped for the return of the Elemental Masters!

19 hours ago, legozebra said:

although Jacob, Camille, and Gravis are conspicuously missing from that shot

Hey, don't forget Ash and Bolobo!

EDIT: Although we do already have Ash in minifig form.

Edited by Kopaka25

I watched the last episode not realizing it was the season finale and really wanted more Ninjago! I need to see what's going on with Sensei Wu and the ninjas.

I thought I heard Misako refer to Cole's lava arms. Was that correct? How did he get that ability? I don't think I missed any episodes and don't recall anything about that.

When's the next season start? The stories have been really well written since day one.

15 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

I watched the last episode not realizing it was the season finale and really wanted more Ninjago! I need to see what's going on with Sensei Wu and the ninjas.

I thought I heard Misako refer to Cole's lava arms. Was that correct? How did he get that ability? I don't think I missed any episodes and don't recall anything about that.

When's the next season start? The stories have been really well written since day one.

Did you watch Day of the Departed? That’s where he got them, and he’s used them throughout Hands of Time and Sons of Garmadon. It still hasn’t been explained how exactly he has this power, unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, Kopaka25 said:

Trailer for Season 9 is out!

Looks great, much better than the original one.

3 hours ago, legozebra said:

Did you watch Day of the Departed? That’s where he got them, and he’s used them throughout Hands of Time and Sons of Garmadon. It still hasn’t been explained how exactly he has this power, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Kopaka25 said:

It's like True Potential. He realized his friends remembered him and he unlocked the power.

16 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

It's like True Potential. He realized his friends remembered him and he unlocked the power.

I like to think it's more his NRG form showing through again. Seeing as they never used them past the Snake Season. I like to think its a subtle way of having it return without giving Cole a new power.

12 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

CGI on dragons looks incredible.

Animals always veered into the uncanny valley on Ninjago but they seem have perfected it with these dragons - very pleased with how they look.