Itaria No Shintaku

Who else wants the minifigures sets back?

Hello,

I just was wondering... am I the only one who bought tons of those sets with 6 or 5 minifigures in them? City, Space, Castle and Pirates... they were FANTASTIC! I really miss a lot those sets. Why doesn't Lego produce them any more? Who would like to have them back? Battlepacks do not reach all countries, and actually they are the closest thing to those sets... but not exactly same thing.

So... comments?

Funny thing, when I was a kid I always thought those minifig packs were dumb. I much preferred to buy a full set, as back then they were pretty generous with the minifigs. Also, minifigs weren't as collectible then as they are now. I think the first time I asked for one of them was when Pirates first came out, I wanted more pirate figures to fill out the crew of the Black Seas Barracuda.

Of course, now I wish I had bought more of them. I would love to fill out my classic space setup with more minifigs, and they're not exactly the cheapest things to buy on bricklink in good condition.

I think there are loads of ranges that need more mini figures. I know I have collected many space ranges over the years and now CITY as well as current space themes. The collectables help get multiples of most things but sometimes it is good to have them in an actual theme. For example I collected several Toy Story army men, then converted them to yellow heads and hands to be CITy army figures, but I only managed to get about twenty of them. Same now, I am building a Western army from the Lone Ranger Calvary builder, but am finding I need almost as many horses as men by the time I have hitched up the cannons and so on. The set itself only comes with one horse and by the way, who needs ten to twenty Lone Ranger figures, it could have done with being a generic Indian or even another calvary man.

Hmm, I never liked these packs that much. I never can get over the fact that there's little to no actual blocks. I did buy the Kingdoms ones though, so I don't know...

Itaria,

Do you mean sets such as this one: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6701-1 ?

If so, I completely agree with you. I thought it was a brilliant set when it came out and, 30 years on, I still do (although I'm into Castle/LotR/fantasy themes now, not Space).

To a certain extent, I do see battlepacks, CMFs and pollybags filling that niche. At the time that 6701 came out, it was difficult to get minifigs alone. There was hardly any secondary market. BrickLink and EBay didn't exist of course. And the only minifigs you could get from the secondary market were used - when you could find them at all.

Amps

I'd love to have those back. I had a bunch of them. I repurchased the Ninja one when I got out of my dark age. I've been looking at getting the Space one, with the M-Tron, Blacktrn and such.

Itaria,

Do you mean sets such as this one: http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=6701-1 ?

If so, I completely agree with you. I thought it was a brilliant set when it came out and, 30 years on, I still do (although I'm into Castle/LotR/fantasy themes now, not Space).

Yeah! I'm the same way with you! I really miss those sets though I am in the same themes you are now.

But why don't they do http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6251-1 or http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6103-1 ... :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: any more?

This set reminded me so much of the old figure packs that I picked it up when I came across it in a store, I just recalled. And I don't even collect City sets!

You are pretty right, but to me it seems like they tried to merge the road signals AND the minifigures. That's however an excellent set to me.

I think the CMF and such items as the minifigure accessory packs fill this niche pretty well. The accessory packs also come with a few bricks, so there's some building element - my favorite being the Halloween (or Monster Fighter) pack.

If the sets would have more generic figures like plain torsos and plain heads, i'd love ones like that since I do need more of those types of parts in my collection. If it's more of the super detailed printing that we've been having lately, then no since I already have to many of those types of parts.

My estimates put my minifgure collection at around the 400-425 mark(including unassembled figures) yet only about 12 plain torsos.

Edited by SweetiePie88

I bought them in piles as they came to the end of their production lives and were being clearanced in most stores. Sadly, they didn't sell well at full price, despite being a bargain by today's standards.

I bought them in piles as they came to the end of their production lives and were being clearanced in most stores. Sadly, they didn't sell well at full price, despite being a bargain by today's standards.

I totally agree, but since they would be a bargain by today's standards why don't they re-sell something similar?