Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Well I've been lurking and debating and hesitating about joining the guilds. But I think I'm finally going to join. I'm picking Avalonia as my guild. I'll have to post a sigfig and background later. Just a quick question, do I post that information in this thread or start a new one? Thanks.

Well I've been lurking and debating and hesitating about joining the guilds. But I think I'm finally going to join. I'm picking Avalonia as my guild. I'll have to post a sigfig and background later. Just a quick question, do I post that information in this thread or start a new one? Thanks.

Task I and II in this thread. Task III in it's own thread and a link to the thread in this thread.

Ridge - Welcome to the best Guild!

Your sigfig and intro should be posted in this thread, and then you can post Task 1 and 2 in this thread if you want, or you can start your own. Challenge II would be more pressing than the tasks though if you are up to it.

Ridge - Welcome to the best Guild!

Your sigfig and intro should be posted in this thread, and then you can post Task 1 and 2 in this thread if you want, or you can start your own. Challenge II would be more pressing than the tasks though if you are up to it.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to finally join. I should get my sigfig and small back story up soon, hopefully a little later tonight. I'm definitely interested in joining Challenge II. I'll post task 1 and 2 as i find some time and dig out some figures.

14165493996_4d71349aed_z.jpg

sigfig by RidgeMontante, on Flickr

Here is my sigfig. Sir Ridge. Ready to fight for whatever cause he's called upon for. A skilled arbalist (crossbowman), unrivaled in all the land. Growing up with out a family he has learned to fend for himself and rely upon no one. Only until recently has he found some close companions to travel and enjoy good times with.

Hello, I'm new to the GOH and I was wondering, What are Avalonia's main colors? I was guessing like Dk. Green.

'Lo Lego3364... indeed the main colors of Avalonia are Dark Green or any green for that matter...

Join us and be one with the lovely forests and King Arthur styled castles.

'Lo Lego3364... indeed the main colors of Avalonia are Dark Green or any green for that matter...

Join us and be one with the lovely forests and King Arthur styled castles.

Ok thanks, I'm still deciding between Avalonia and Nocturnus. They both seem really fun to build in.

Welcome Ridge! Hope you like it here in the guild filled with love and trees! :)

lego3364: Well, they are two really cool guilds but we have more fun in our guild of course! Lava, pie and death are not so fun!

Dark green and sand green are the official colors of Avalonia.

'Hello there fellow Avalonions , My name is Father Darlph Monsoon.. Beside me is Yet , the BoyYeti...

My history is long and filled with many tales that perhaps we will share soon over good meat and ale.

I was born into wealth and my fathers obessession With the world and its unknown led him to train me from a child with the destiny of following my fathers dream of his son being a Traveller and also his mumble of a book that would lead my way...., But....Abruptly at the age of 11 my entire Family was brutally murdered by a wandering tribe of yYosaa, Moments before my father was decapitated he gave me the book.. The book of Skillog.. and hid me away with words telling me to follow the book , use its skills and help all that need your guidance.. i have kept that word father.....

Im am known as Father Monsoon, but im not here to praise the lord, i am simply a Father to many that have sworn alegiance to my Family. They may not have come from my loins but we are Family... The book has revealed these individuals to me as i have travelled , Each indivdual of our family was in need and i simply offered them compainship and love.. Now we are Family..

post-124198-0-91484200-1400185734_thumb.jpg

My Family and i have travelled down from the north to your lands in search of the Ancient Treeark People that were rumored to be deep inside one of your forests.. We found them just in Time and using the Powers of DarkLight we managed to save there dying tribe from a rotting bark disease , Fatal to them , simply cured by us...

Forgive me as i am babbling again so i will lay this to you Lords of Avalonia... We wish , as a Family, to take claim of the lands where we are and put a name to these lands..

Monsoonia..

post-124198-0-72841700-1400186459_thumb.jpg

If this is made so then Our Family will swear alligience to these lands and all that reside here.. We are a Family of highly skilled indivduals , all having a unique skill that is remarkable in its own right, but.... When joined together as a family , we are a formidable force.... i have marked an area for your consideration..

Sweet Greetings to you all

((( I hope this is ok, i knowit is little different from the norm here with me using the family angle but i hope to be able to really expand on Father Monsoons story and background,.. i have pretty much got the Family together now and currently picture taking and writing indivdual backgrounds for each.... would i do that in a seprate thread ?

Also plz note im 42 yr old bloke that runs a small buisness like 12 hrs a day and got 4 kids lol i am commited to this forum but never think ive disapeared as ill always be scraping some time to build and contribute on here....Ive Also been hitting bricklink ( 64 quid lighter now because of reading this forum lol, thanks all. lots of bits i needed anyway but also the Colours of Avalonia (Dark and Sand Green i believe) so my Flag to represent will be much better when all arrives.. anyways , thats all for now, as i said the full Family be up soon and first pictures of settlement deep in the forests of Monoonsia is Coming.. Then onto all the tasks.. ;-) ...))))

Welcome to the Guilds Father Monsoon- I'd post your family members as an omnibus in a topic (perhaps with a small background/environment). You'll get more feedback that way

Ok thanks, I'm still deciding between Avalonia and Nocturnus. They both seem really fun to build in.

If your looking for diversity, Kaliphlin or Nocturnus are the ones!

-The Region of Hauta-

Lady Wyhn are a determined leader for her people, she can be soft if the situation requires it but everything she does she does for her region and for Avalonia of course. Since the region of Hauta has it borders next to Mitgardia they have to act hard and closely watch there borders for all the people or others that try to cross it. The Region of Hauta lives of what the nature gives them, so the people are often good hunters or good miners or crafters that refine the gold or the skin that they take from the animals. Because the region of Hauta are located next to the border and have two great road crossing it it's also a perfect place to sell and buy things, from far far away or locally. The markets in the region of Hauta are well known thru out the country. The army of Hauta are hard and disciplined, the kids, both boys and girls start the training in early ages. The army wear the proud colours of Avalonia but their battle dress are in red and grey mainly, the legend says it's because of all the blood they have spilled to keep the rest of the population in Avalonian safe. The army are really proud and never gives up, they rather die and protect there country than give the enemy the chans to put them in war camp or torture them. Lady Wyhn are often in companion with her mage dewin her bodyguard Hadari and her negotiator Lord Fusta. Non of them are born in Avalonian but Lady Wyhn have meet them on her early adventures and they have proven there loyalty to her, Hauta and Avalonien a numbers of time so now they are important people for the safety of the region of Hauta. Lady Wyhn are a wise leader for her people and have a lot of diffrent strategies to keep her people safe and to kill her enemy's. In the region of Hauta you can experience all that's great about Avalonia, the clear water that reminds you of all the islands in the west, the green and healthy forests that reminds you about the beautiful woods in the heart of Avalonia and of course the mighty mountains that let you think about the fantastic mountains in Antyria. The region of Hauta are a great place during peace times but in this grim times of war it's a hard place for everybody but still a lot of people visit to sell or to buy, to kill or to be killed, the survival of the fittest it's what's it all about these days.

14216335493_b1b1fd44bf_c.jpg

Lady Wyhn, the ruler of the region of Hauta, Her Mage Dewin, Her bodyguard Hadari and her negotiator Lord Fusta.

14196187185_389e21ac20_c.jpg

The soldier of Hauta are always wearing red and grey, according to the legend it's because of all the blood they have spilled to keep the rest of the population in Avalonian safe but they always honor and die for the colors of Avalonian.

14196187455_e48a7f5488_z.jpg

In the region of Hauta you can experience all that's great about Avalonia, the clear water that reminds you of all the islands in the west, the green and healthy forests that reminds you about the beautiful woods in the heart of Avalonia and of course the mighty mountains that let you think about the fantastic mountains in Antyria.

Did I miss anything?

Great to have you with us guys, welcome to the best Guild!! :classic:

Great start odidoma!!! I've seen your mocs before and they are brilliant! You will fit perfect here in Avalonia!!

Welcome Odidoma! Great to finally see you here in GoH! :classic:

Not that it's my business, but it seems like the Avalonian map needs updating with all the new claims which already may overlap a bit?

Welcome to the guilds odidoma. I like the fig combos for your soldiers- the stag insignia works well with the mail and rohan helms

It´s great to be here, i made my first post today about the guards in Hauta and there not always so funny job. I´m thrilled about the Goh and i have some Moc´s on there way, but as always its a question about bricks and bricks.