Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

A thought about the maps is that it is not necessarily a good thing they are too detailed. Being able to place a build "in a town in the western part of Mitgardia" or similar can sometimes be enough and can avoid placing unnecessary restrictions on builders. Isn't this first and foremost a building project after all?

By that I'm not saying at all that there shouldn't be good maps and that they shouldn't be kept up to date when things are added, I love when we have great maps and the good maps was one of the things that made me join Kaliphlin. Just that keeping large white spaces (isn't that what Mitgardia is known for anyway? :wink:) might be great for creativity.

I agree with what Gideon has to say. Seeing all that claimed land can be discouraging to newer members. It's the reason I joined Mitgardia instead of Avalonia.

We don't claim land here in the north, but we do like to have our major cities recognized.

A thought about the maps is that it is not necessarily a good thing they are too detailed. Being able to place a build "in a town in the western part of Mitgardia" or similar can sometimes be enough and can avoid placing unnecessary restrictions on builders. Isn't this first and foremost a building project after all?

By that I'm not saying at all that there shouldn't be good maps and that they shouldn't be kept up to date when things are added, I love when we have great maps and the good maps was one of the things that made me join Kaliphlin. Just that keeping large white spaces (isn't that what Mitgardia is known for anyway? :wink:) might be great for creativity.

I agree with what Gideon has to say. Seeing all that claimed land can be discouraging to newer members. It's the reason I joined Mitgardia instead of Avalonia.

We don't claim land here in the north, but we do like to have our major cities recognized.

This was precisely my reasoning in updating the map: not for land claim, but for city/village/important-natural-formation recognition. I agree that I do not like to see claimed regions, as it restricts the building somewhat. Aside from that, though, I think relative locations of the establishments is nice to know, both for placement and acknowledgement of guild members' home town/village/city. I really enjoy seeing medieval maps and think this is a nice part of GoH. If we have a guild map, should it not have the establishments marked?

If we do not want to update the map, that is also fine with me. I do not want the map to detract from the builds here and certainly do not want it to be a point of conflict between guild members, should location claims be in conflict.

Sweet sketches, kev! Thanks so much for making them.

Thanks a lot! yours was a tough one :laugh:

Thanks for the Mitgardian shield badge, whoever gave it to me. I was absent for the last few months because of IRL issues, and I still don't have time to build too much (even in LDD). But I try to catch up.

@kevkipo: Sweet sketches! Are those the finished ones then?

@Yooha: Good to see you around again!

@kevkipo: Sweet sketches! Are those the finished ones then?

@Yooha: Good to see you around again!

I'm going to regret this":

No, they are not :blush:

Cool sketches kevkipo!

Than we can still be looking forward to them, I guess :laugh:

@Yooha, welcome back! :wink:

just thought I'd let you know that I'll be in real life Mitgardia (Iceland) from tomorrow on!

just thought I'd let you know that I'll be in real life Mitgardia (Iceland) from tomorrow on!

Sweet! be sure to get some wolf skins to keep you warm :laugh:

That is neat! By tomorrow on, do you mean you have moved there? Nothing makes the builds more fitting than having reality to base them on.

Intriguing. What else are you planning to do?

Edited by Sir Gareth

By tomorrow on, do you mean you have moved there?

no, only a week :laugh:

Intriguing. What else are you planning to do?

That's the thing, i don't know :snicker:

I can go on forever with these things, as i also need to have time for drawing for my study

So i want to ask you guys, What should i do for a drawing? :sweet:

That's the thing, i don't know :snicker:

I can go on forever with these things, as i also need to have time for drawing for my study

So i want to ask you guys, What should i do for a drawing? :sweet:

I wouldn't mind a full-body sketch of Sir Gareth, if that's not too much to ask for. :grin: Please.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Cool (rather literally, I suppose :tongue: )! Hope you get some good inspiration there :wink:

That is neat! By tomorrow on, do you mean you have moved there?

I was thinking the same thing for a moment :look::laugh:

Edited by Garmadon

I wouldn't mind a full-body sketch of Sir Gareth, if that's not too much to ask for. :grin: Please.

Full body sketches would be really cool, and perhaps colored?