Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Holy crp! Were getting new Agents sets, new City Arctic sets, a classic Space set over in the movie stuff, Star Wars is mostly OT with no signs of JarJar, and they've started to give us stores and commercial buildings in creator?

You all would tell me if I had actually had a stroke and was lying here drooling and imagining all of this, right?

Dude, these are my thoughts exactly. I'm hoping the arctic sets have skis and chain saws so I can mix them with the new Classic Space ship to make my own Ice Planet 2022 theme.

Also your joke about penguins makes me hope that the arctic theme doesn't have any fighting in it.

It's funny how Lego CITY is spending a third of it's time.....not in a town or a city.......we've had farming, space, mining, forestry and next......a polar research team.....what next ?

I feel the city designers are losing focus or worse their collective minds. Not that I don't mind the set list...

Yeah I think it's great. The ranger sets were something very creative and new. I'm all for breathing new life into City with this kind of stuff.

Edited by danth

60036 jumps to 60041. That means the numbers 60037, 60038, 60039, and 60040 are missing. I wonder what they could be? Or maybe Lego just felt like skipping 4 numbers?

I hope it's not arctic police. :lol:

Now I'm worried :sceptic:

Edited by CityBuilder

60036 jumps to 60041. That means the numbers 60037, 60038, 60039, and 60040 are missing. I wonder what they could be? Or maybe Lego just left like skipping 4 numbers?

Nothing is being skipped. The annual flagship set is one of those. Probably another arctic set (retailer exclusive) and two other generic sets.

60036 jumps to 60041. That means the numbers 60037, 60038, 60039, and 60040 are missing. I wonder what they could be? Or maybe Lego just left like skipping 4 numbers?

They also skipped 60062 and jumped to 60063 for the 2014 Advent Calendar. :look:

Nothing is being skipped. The annual flagship set is one of those. Probably another arctic set (retailer exclusive) and two other generic sets.

There must be lots of exclusives next year...

Whatever happened to the Polar Expedition subtheme that was discussed last year?

It wasn't a subtheme, but a separate stand alone theme called "Polar Xxpress". 'legomilk' mentioned it and then later dismissed it. It's probably this subtheme, though.

Speaking of product numbers, brickset has 30226 Police Helicopter, 30227 Police chase, 30228 Police ATV,and 30229 Repair Lift.

Speaking of product numbers, brickset has 30226 Police Helicopter, 30227 Police chase, 30228 Police ATV,and 30229 Repair Lift.

You can see the pieces for them here:, though they seem to be incomplete:

30229 https://service.lego.com/en-us/replacementparts#WhatBrick/30229

30228: https://service.lego.com/en-us/replacementparts#WhatBrick/30228

30227: https://service.lego.com/en-us/replacementparts#WhatBrick/30227

30226: https://service.lego.com/en-us/replacementparts#WhatBrick/30229

well it looks like we will get another big set with buildings this year with buildings on the creator line :

Creator

Bicycle Shop & Cafe (31026) – 1023 pcs – $80- See more at: http://www.thebrickf...h.yw1ldrcl.dpuf

Agents

Caught in the Dungeon (70162) – $35

Toxikita Toxic Accident (70163) – $50

Sweeping Action Robber (70164) – $70

Ultra Agent Headquarters (70165) – $125

City

Arctic Snowmobile (60032) – 44 pcs – $7

Arctic Tracked Vehicle (60033) – 113 pcs – $15

Arctic Lift Helicopter (60034) – 262 pcs – $30

Arctic Research Station (60035) – 374 pcs – $40

Arctic Base Camp (60036) – 733 pcs – $100

Railway Station (60050) – 423 pcs – $50

High-Speed Passenger Train (60051) – 610 pcs – $120

Cargo Train (60052) – 888 pcs – $180

Edited by danimarroquin

Another flaming bike shop and cafe.........don't we have enough cafes and bike shops in Lego city now ? :sceptic:

The designers have forgotten the key element to Lego......IMAGINATION ! :angry:

Granted it's creator expert but still, we just had a cafe.......yes, the latter part of 2014 is going to be strange..... :blush:

Holy crp! Were getting new Agents sets, new City Arctic sets, a classic Space set over in the movie stuff, Star Wars is mostly OT with no signs of JarJar, and they've started to give us stores and commercial buildings in creator?

What? Did I miss that news?

Thanks!

I asked before I got to this page, disregard the question.

Edited by The Jersey Brick Guy

Wait a minute.....1023 parts is too small for a creator expert set......a city theme in creator, why not....they turn a castle building into a pod-racer !

Great....now we have to collect other themes to complete city......there must be a reason ?

Again, toy fair time should tell us......I hope ! :blush:

Very eager to see how these Artic sub-line turns out. Coastguard and Cargo have been meh for me, so hopefully these are unique and very, very special! :)

Will the arctic sets be revealed at brickfair on the 11th?

More likely the London Toy Fair, then the German one.

60034 - Arctic lifting helicopter 262 pieces

There must be a fan of helicopters in the City design team as yet another one making an appearance in recent times, this time although a Helicopter would be very apt in an Artic scene. The piece count puts it about 30 peices more than 2013 offerings 60010 Fire Helicopter @ 232 pieces and 60013 Coast Guard Helicopter @ 230 so may be similar to those rather than 4439 Heavy Lift Helicopter from Forest Police in 2012 @ 393 peices.

All the same Im looking forward to seeing hoto's of this Artic Theme offerings.

Edited by scottwb2010

There must be a fan of helicopters in the City design team as yet another one making an appearance in recent times, this time although a Helicopter would be very apt in an Artic scene. The piece count puts it about 30 peices more than 2013 offerings 60010 Fire Helicopter @ 232 pieces and 60013 Coast Guard Helicopter @ 230 so may be similar to those rather than 4439 Heavy Lift Helicopter from Forest Police in 2012 @ 393 peices.

All the same Im looking forward to seeing hoto's of this Artic Theme offerings.

Instead of a helicopter we should get a metallic or silver DC3 , L Electra or Curtiss plane to land on a ice runway , just like on the tv show ice pilots !

What are the dates do this toys shows ???

Edited by danimarroquin

From all this joking around about Arctic Police, I've now got an image in my mind of a huge blue and white ship, armed with Flick Fires and Spring Fires, blood thirsty killer penguins, and an army of hooded axe wielding Cops with that freaky over used head with the silver shades and grin. In all seriousness, I really thing Lego have out done themselves with everything this year. The great vehicles line this year is one I'm going to buy all of, a welcome return to the Arctic, and even the cops aren't that bad either. Well done Lego. :thumbup:

Thank you very much for this information! :classic:

Although I very supposably won't get any of the Arctic sets (because storage place is regrettably limited), I'm excited how they'll look like. I expect them to look very similar to the Arctic theme from about ten years ago - only with bigger vehicles.

The trains will for sure be nice - but here again it might well be that I won't get them. Which I dislike is that the train station is only 30-40 Euros. So there's again no chance to get a decent train station. When will TLG finally release a big decent train station (like the 1991 or at least the World City one)?! :cry_sad:

Since the summer wave doesn't seem to be that exciting, I hope that we'll get a good City Exclusive (like the City Garage and mainly the City Place)!

Klaus-Dieter

Another flaming bike shop and cafe.........don't we have enough cafes and bike shops in Lego city now ? :sceptic:

The designers have forgotten the key element to Lego......IMAGINATION ! :angry:

Granted it's creator expert but still, we just had a cafe.......yes, the latter part of 2014 is going to be strange..... :blush:

Well cafe's and restaurants are by far the most common small commercial property. As far as another bike shop, ummm maybe the designer likes bike shops? Doesn't your layout feature several dozen hardware shops? (Also remember its creator so there will be a B build)

Well cafe's and restaurants are by far the most common small commercial property. As far as another bike shop, ummm maybe the designer likes bike shops? Doesn't your layout feature several dozen hardware shops? (Also remember its creator so there will be a B build)

Ha, yeah.....also butcher shops, post offices, car dealers, etc.,.

Now there's a point......you could be given the option of building either a bike shop or cafe.....though I doubt it.