Legogal

What are your favorite polybag sets?

The past two months I have begun collecting LEGO polybags...those little sets with less than 100 parts most of the time. Some of the designs are just outstanding. Has anyone else begun collecting these sets, and what are your favorites?

So far the flamingo (40068) from this week's monthly in store build is my favorite, but the clown fish (30025) is a close second. (You can view these sets on brickset.)

The Superheroes. Not only do I get them in the regular sets, but I love that they're included in polybags that you can keep and never have to open. Who knows, they could be worth a lot in the future!

Right now I think the "Spring" seasonal set with the cherry tree and little fountain is my absolute favorite polybag, outside of a few exclusive figure bags.

I agree. The polybags given away or sold while sets are in the store are a brilliant idea! We get to add them to our sets or keep them as mementos. Such fun!

Also the seasonal sets have been outstanding this year. Spring, summer and fall are also fantastic polybags.

All these bags make fantastic gifts and are great for topping off a LEGO purchase that is just short of earning a free gift, which usually is another.....polybag! Hooooorah! We are hooked, and I love it. LEGO gets their full price without discounting all sales, and we get our polybag fix! Everyone wins!

My favorites are the Batmobile (stays on my desk at work), Mirkwood Elf Guard (Army Builder for LotR), and the Hot Dog Stand (bicycles) which I got both as a promo and bought a second one off of eBay.

I really liked the three Monster Fighters polybags. Two--the old-fashioned Zombie car and the Ghost with clock--made great accents to the Haunted House. The third resembled a soapbox derby racer made from a coffin. It wasn't as good, but included another Zombie and a coffin. It could have made a nice army builder, but it vanished from stores (although who wants an army of Zombie drivers?).

I would say the Mirkwood Elf was a good addition. Although it would have been better had it had elf ears. Although the dark green hood is a rare piece also.

And the Ghost with clock was awesome. I only found those one time and they only had 2 left, so of course I grabbed them. My daughter loved the clock and the ghost figure.

LEGO needs to keep putting out great little sets like these. Great for holidays.

For those in the U.S.: any thoughts on what polybags will end up at Target this Halloween? Last year it was the Ghost Clock (great choice!) and, if I remember right, Emma's Small Car from Friends (which I regret not buying). I worry that it'll be something from Chima. (Why Lego discontinued Monster Fighters, I'll never understand.)

My favorite polybag may be 30201, the ghost with grandfather clock. The minifigure is simple but nice and the clock looks nice and has some useful parts.

I also really like this years fall polybag. It has a nice color combination and enough playability for kids.

Wish I got the ironman poly bag, thats a nice set. Looking forward to getting the mini vw t1 camper next month though!

I would say the Mirkwood Elf was a good addition. Although it would have been better had it had elf ears. Although the dark green hood is a rare piece also.

Agreed. I'm very lucky to have scored several of these, and they are very nice. I really like that they came with good parts like the green trans goblet, barrel, mushroom and gem. Elf ears/hair piece would have been nice, but I suppose it makes for a better army if they don't have the same hair.

I'm actually a really big fan of 5998 Vladek. I liked those Shadow Knights and it was, and is, a cheap way to get a few together.

Hmm, lots of great ones to choose from. Of the ones I have my favorites are probably...

The HF Black Brain

Mirkwood Elf f!

My favorites so far are the Ghost and Clock, The Summer Set (love the sand castle) and the Harry Potter The Lab (30111), I like the way the colored bricks are used to make potion bottles in that one. Can't wait to get the VW Van next month.

My favourites have to be the Seasonal sets (eagerly waiting for a peek at what the winter one might look like! Would love if it's compatible with my Winter Village scene), the previously mentioned Mirkwood Elf Guard (not entirely sure why, but I find it a charming little set, particularly with the dark green), and I would like to add the mini Hogwarts Express from the Harry Potter line - it was a great little build (my first polybag to have a seperate bag within for smaller parts) that, IMO, has captured the iconic red train perfectly :-)

I must say, as exciting as it is to get a huge set and tip out the pieces for hours of building, it can't quite compare to the quiet achiever that is a well designed polybag!

Almaras, I agree about how much fun it is to get a well designed polybag! Something about a small package that seems so exciting and valuable...checking the prices of some of these bags reveals just how valuable they have become.

Too bad LEGO can't make it easier for us to buy them by making larger runs and selling them as regular items. IS ANYONE LISTENING FROM TLG???

Right now my favorite polybag is the Friends one with the ice cream stand.

I need another one. Then I'll have 4 wheels for a wagon train!

Been looking for a decently priced Robin on his bike for a while, that seems to be a hard to find one...batmobile as well, I have an extra ice cream stand if trading is ok here, not sure as I am new, just send me a message, will trade for one you might have...like the Star Wars mini line too

Legogal - I completely agree! I am in rural Australia and the only way I can get polybags is either as a promo from Lego shop@home or ebay. (Apart from the seasonal polys, the only ones I've seen for sale online.)

Yup, it has got to be much tougher to get your hand on polybags in rural Australia. At least I have access to many Targets, Walmarts and TRU stores as well as a LEGO store 15 minutes from home. And many eBay listings and Amazon with domestic postage.

I remember how hard it was to find most products I wanted while living in central Alaska for twelve years... before both Fedex and the Internet. If there is a polybag you are dying to collect, PM me and we can figure out how to send one your way.

This is why LEGO needs to offer polybags to everyone through as many distribution channels as it can. It is the only fair way to serve the people.

It would be incredible if Lego sold polybags online! Although not for my wallet :P Thank you for your offer - it's a perfect example of how online communicates such as this one can come together to help people out :-)

I like the seasonal, they are perfect part packs for trees! I got both the spring and fall ones, so my town will have more trees :classic: