ZCerberus

ANNOUNCING: Guilds of Historica Book II: The Civil War

With the free build submition, should i make a new post when i submit new mocs or may i edit them into the post i already have?

Thanks

It would be more convenient if you just edit your first post, as I will have to do that myself it hey are spread out over a bunch of posts.

Merry Christmas to all GoH, God bless you and your families. :caroler:

Lord Syrilliths shield is from the Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets set I think. And Ravages head is one of the Chima wolf heads.

I have some questions I would like to be answered by any kind soul.

First one is I dont get why on the late threads there is the text UoP DoH +1? What does it means, I assume it has something to do with certain skills involved in the construction of the moc, that are voted by other members, where can I see the categories?

Second I want to know how to write a thread link as a comment in example this one: Tower phase ll

Or even better to redirect a thread through an image.

I know, I know shame on me. :laugh:

Thanks in advance.

You'll find more info in the Doctorate of Historica thread, Niku!

That second question is something I've wondered as well.

Finally started on my Category B entry. I have some ideas for Categories A and C, but time will tell.

To make a link out of a word, or group of words, you just select the words you want to be the link (highlight them with your mouse) then click the link tool.

Pretty much the same thing works for picture links, select the picture then use the link tool.

Yep. just as SK said. Put in the picture, then select it, then click the link button and add the link.

The link button is the one that looks like a chain with a "+" underneath it. :wink:

Or if you like to use BBCode, use

[url="link to full size picture or topic here"][img=image url][/url]

for example using automatically generated BBCode from flickr to include a certain thumbnail size, with link to the full sized picture

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/64008454@N03/11160683595/"][img=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7321/11160683595_6a8c9f4411_m.jpg][/url]

will look like

11160683595_6a8c9f4411_m.jpg

its then easy to then replace the link to the full size picture on flickr with a link to a forum topic

[url="http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=89132"][img=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7321/11160683595_6a8c9f4411_m.jpg][/url]

which will give the same picture, but with a link to my topic instead of the flickr image

11160683595_6a8c9f4411_m.jpg

Edited by Gideon

Oh well I did not expect such detailed responses, thanks a lot guys.

Cheers! :classic:

An unrelated question: What is the meaning of the "Indexed" logo at the top of some entries to the challenge?

That's a great explanation, Gideon. This (proper image-linking) is what I was failing to do in my keyboard thumpings last night. Next time...

I'm currently compiling a new index for book two and in order to not get lost I'm putting in the "indexed" logo.

I'm currently compiling a new index for book two and in order to not get lost I'm putting in the "indexed" logo.

Good to hear that! Its too easy to get lost among all the threads... A suggested improvement could be to make that logo a link to the index? :classic:

Edited by Gideon

great idea, but I first I need to finish the index, kinda confusing with all these entries and comments today.

BTW, if any of you do not see this sign: indexed.gif at the tops of their entry I may have probably forgotten to index your moc. So please let me know via PM.

The publication date of the index will be set by the Mods once I'm done, so stay tuned!

Hey if one wanted to make a post about the backstories of all their GoH characters, (20 or so) would such a post be allowed? Thanks.

Edit: Misspelt a word.

Edited by The Architect

Hey if one wanted to make a post about the backstories of all their GoH characters, (20 or so) would such a post be allowed? Thanks.

Edit: Misspelt a word.

That is strongly encouraged! Building up the back stories of your characters is a great way to make your freebuilds more interesting and can earn your guild points if you also post it here.