Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Got a complete set tonight! Went to the Lego Store at Fairview Mall in North York and it was picked clean. Felt what bags were left with about 5 other people and ended up buying 9 bags, 8 different ones and an accidental duplicate Bart. Then I went to Toys R Us at Yonge and Eg and they had about 5 boxes so I easily found the other 8. Well, actually I bought 8 of them and I guess I was tired because I somehow put down the Flanders and bought an extra Marge, so I ran back in, and grabbed a Flanders right before they closed.

So I have the full set of 16 plus an extra Marge and Bart. Seriously if you're in Toronto and need them go to the Toys R Us at Yonge and Eg. A box at each cash, plus the ones hung up on the end cap of the first Lego aisle.

Or if you need Marge or Itchy, the Lego Store at Fairview had about 5 of each and nothing else when I left it.

Finally got some CMFs! My target in York, PA had a whole side-aisle box-thing of them. My mom only allowed me to get 5, (got Homer, Marge, Krusty, Milhouse, and Ralph) but I'm going to get some more when she is at work (shhhhhhhh). Anyway, I was there for literally 50 minutes trying to get Ralph. He's a hard one to find.

Yep, finally got my last seven to make sixteen......again I'll say they are among some of the best collectable minifigs so far. :grin:

Ah I finally finished my set after finding Millhouse. There advertised in a lot of places now in the UK, and Argos moved them to the front store so I could feel the bags.

Now that we have the heads for Bart, Milhouse, Ralph, and Nelson, I wonder how long it'll be before someone does The Party Posse complete with aircraft carrier.

Just ordered a set of 16 on amazon.de

well received.. quite happy, the minifigs are awesome!! :classic:

Anyone living in Canada find any yet?

Yep, but not at Walmart, just TRU. Not sure about the local Targets yet...

Got Apu, Scratchy and Chief Wiggums in my last go... Somehow ended up with another Bart and Maggie after thinking I did a good job feeling them out, though. :(

Anyone living in Canada find any yet?

You can find them at Chapters/Indigo, that's where I got mine.

You can find them at Chapters/Indigo, that's where I got mine.

Got mine at toys r us.

Also found them at a Walmart in Canada. ( just outside of Toronto. It was right beside the sports cards. Not in the lego section.

The Lego Simpsons mini-figures have arrived in Canada at Chapters/Indigo and Toysrus.

I was able to pick up two bags. I ended up getting father and son Chief Wiggum and Ralph.

I noticed the Simpsons heads are looser than the normal Lego heads.

The Simpsons mini-figures seem to be very popular as I seen kids and teenagers buying them.

This is a positive sign as Lego may consider releasing other mini-figure licensed lines.

At this rate, I see inventory running out by the end of the Summer.

I do not recommend waiting, get them now if you want to complete your Lego Simpsons collection.

Edited by rzetlin

Collected all 16 on launch day. Pretty easy to feel. Met some nice people who had the same intent of finding all 16. We all kind of helped each other. It was a good day. However after watching the Lego Simpson episode today, I wished Lego kept the actually lego head instead of a head mold for this series, after all this is a lego minfig. I would of preferred they kept that minifig from the show. But these mold heads piece are pretty fun too, at this point it is what it is.

Going to watch the episode today (seeing as I'm British and it's available online X3 ) and post my thoughts later. Please tell me if this isn't the appropriate topic to do so.

If the thoughts aren't related to the figures or set, then it it isn't the appropriate thread.

After watching the episode I have to say I prefer the episode minifigures over the ones we got. They've really grown on me. And I think the traditional minifigure head looks fine, even the noses don't bother me after watching that. The official minifigures just look too much like action figures for me. But I'm just happy we have the theme at all. I can only hope Futurama becomes a theme one day.

I do hope we get a full theme out of this, there were some really great designs used.

Let's stay on topic, people. The episode is nice and all but this thread is about the physical Lego.

Then where is the appropriate thread for the episode?

Now that we have the heads for Bart, Milhouse, Ralph, and Nelson, I wonder how long it'll be before someone does The Party Posse complete with aircraft carrier.

Yvan Eht Nioj!!

Edited by Gooker1

Well, stopped by Target again today and did some more feeling. I don't know how you guys are able to feel the differences in the bags, or if there is some technique I don't know of, but with the folded paper in there coupled with the flat black piece, I just can't accurately feel out the character heads. Especially when so many seem to have spiked hair on them. I was able to feel out Marge's head pretty readily since it is the most distinct, but both myself and another guy there who was feeling out bags to purchase for his kids (at least, that was the story) was having a lot of trouble.

In my first go-around, I picked up 10 different characters out of 11 bags picked up. This time, since I have pretty much no confidence in my ability to identify the characters in the bags, I only got three new characters out of the 11 bags picked up. I was able to add Marge, Grandpa, and Ralph. I also picked up a Homer, Lisa, Flanders, Ralph, Krusty (x2), and Milhouse (x2) to go with the extra Nelson I had from the first batch.

Still need to find Maggie, Itchy, and Chief Wiggum.