Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I still think we're getting sets aswell. Plus I don't see why they wouldn't be released in the UK since all our Information on this theme comes from the UK. Plus all the prices so far have been in Pounds. Maybe it would be a delayed release like PoP, LR and Galaxy Squad.

This site sounds fishy. I donĀ“t remember anybody talking about Superhero CMF rumors and apparently there are licenses separately for construction toys and actionfigures/figurines which prevents LEGO from doing CMFs for their already existing licenses since Hasbro and Mattel own figure licenses for superheroes and Star Wars. There are numerous companies that made and/or make Simpsons figures and actionfigures in the last decade. United Labels made a 20 year anniversary figurines set in 2010 apparently which would fall under the same category as CMFs I guess, but I have no idea if they still hold any licenses or not.

The UK set list seemed weird to me too but I give it the benefit of the doubt since Brickset bothered to repeat the news and they usually never bother with unfounded rumors and have been 100% correct in all of their previous news, repeated from other sites and coming from their own sources, while this blog looks like he only repeats news from other sites, but I only skimmed through news from 2012 and 13 there.

Well, I guess I wouldn't mind a one-off licensed CMF line here or there, but I don't want them to take over the theme either. :sceptic:

For serious. If that's the case, I'll save a lot of money on CMF next year...

The UK set list seemed weird to me too but I give it the benefit of the doubt since Brickset bothered to repeat the news and they usually never bother with unfounded rumors and have been 100% correct in all of their previous news, repeated from other sites and coming from their own sources . . .

Brickset reasonably said it was an 'alleged' and 'possible' set list, and was 'plausible'. Their source was another LEGO blog which cited a Reddit user whose profile is now deleted. That Reddit user claimed the info came from his friend in the UK who worked at a toy store. I still haven't seen any other source confirming this list. If memory serves, another source described the sets (Bart's Skate Trick), and that set was also a Reddit user who got an e-mail from a friend at a toy store.

Given how thin these sources are, I am amazed at how people have convinced themselves of set details, somehow logically deducing how many walls the house set will have, what the figure accessories will be, etc. I am further convinced that it will be a minifigure line alone.

Brickset reasonably said it was an 'alleged' and 'possible' set list, and was 'plausible'. Their source was another LEGO blog which cited a Reddit user whose profile is now deleted. That Reddit user claimed the info came from his friend in the UK who worked at a toy store. I still haven't seen any other source confirming this list. If memory serves, another source described the sets (Bart's Skate Trick), and that set was also a Reddit user who got an e-mail from a friend at a toy store.

Given how thin these sources are, I am amazed at how people have convinced themselves of set details, somehow logically deducing how many walls the house set will have, what the figure accessories will be, etc. I am further convinced that it will be a minifigure line alone.

Well that's confusing! I was also wondering what happened to the set list...

small product wave or wahtever they said soudns more like 1 set than a series of colectabe minifigures.

They better not make this theme into a CMF series. For one, the characters from the show are more or less pointless without a LEGO Simpsons layout, which could only really be provided by sets or by MOCers with the appropriate pieces. Also, I do not want to see this theme replace a possible wave of regular CMFs. Series 12 is fair enough, as figures who are likely to appear in it from the movie would fit in well with the rest of the CMFs; the rumour of Series 14 being based on characters in the LEGO Minifigures MMO is something I can tolerate for the same reason; The Simpsons does not fit into this. If Series 13 is indeed based on The Simpsons, I will be bitterly disappointed.

*EDIT*Apologies for the slightly off-topic rant.

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

small product wave or wahtever they said soudns more like 1 set than a series of colectabe minifigures.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean, do you mean that we are going to only get one set ? Sorry for any confusion. :grin:

LEGO really needs to revisit the Superhero minifigure series idea,those would fly off the shelves and give us a chance at so many heroes and villains!

This is a wonderful idea! Maybe 3-packs like the Mattel Justice League figures? While my children love the Super Hero sets, I am more inclined to collect Minifigs, since I prefer MOC builds.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean, do you mean that we are going to only get one set ? Sorry for any confusion. :grin:

I mean, it sounds more like 1 or 2 sets rather than a series of collectable minifigures.

LEGO really needs to revisit the Superhero minifigure series idea,those would fly off the shelves and give us a chance at so many heroes and villains!

This is a wonderful idea! Maybe 3-packs like the Mattel Justice League figures? While my children love the Super Hero sets, I am more inclined to collect Minifigs, since I prefer MOC builds.

As much as everyone would want this, it probably will never happen. The superheroes theme is one of their best selling and if you could just get the figures in blind bags, know one would want to buy the sets anymore. Lets not kid ourselves, most people buy the Heroes sets only for the figures anyway.

Back on topic, im not to sure about this theme. I was never much of a simpsons fan so this doesnt interest me much. Ill just have to wait for the pictures first

Back on topic, im not to sure about this theme. I was never much of a simpsons fan so this doesnt interest me much. Ill just have to wait for the pictures first

I watch the show, but im not sure there are that many fans for it anymore, it's just a thing that sticks around it seems. I'm excited to see the lego for it though, een if i don't think I'll buy it.

I think we are going to see sets, even if it is just one or two like the Simpsons house and the Krusty Burger. It sort of says that there will be sets just not in the UK... I think. :sceptic:

Edited by Legoman123

It says we won't see sets 'at regular retail' 'at least in the UK.' As others have pointed out, LEGO has done this before, making some themes available only from LEGO itself in the UK. It's very, very vague, just like the other article that semi-officially announced the line was very vague. We'll just have to wait and see.

It says we won't see sets 'at regular retail' 'at least in the UK.' As others have pointed out, LEGO has done this before, making some themes available only from LEGO itself in the UK. It's very, very vague, just like the other article that semi-officially announced the line was very vague. We'll just have to wait and see.

It'll propably be at the retailers who wants it, like how the BTTF was supposed to be only in lego stores, but ended up in more places. Lego proapbly won't push on retailers asm they do with some themes x]

Wait so are we getting a CMF series or actual sets? If it is a CMF series I don't think Lego would keep it exclusive to themselves. If they make sets then I think the U.K may see them as exclusives. Plus, how are we already assuming we are only getting figures? I read every page to catch up and it seems to me that this line is all over the place. Are we getting sets? Are we not? I would prefer the sets, I would rather just one Simpsons house than nothing but a few repeats of Homer.

I dont think that anything has been confirmed yet that we are getting CMF simpson figures.

If you go back to page 10 Kez said that a source claimed that the CMF series 13 would consist of characters from the Simspons. He also did mention that he had no idea how reliable it was, but right now I think we're just expressing our thoughts on the rumored series 13. Edited by STSH2013Lego

Who would want to buy sets with the main characters in them if they already collected them?

I don't know licensed CMF work, though most fans would still buy them. IMO, it works for those who don't fit in big sets or doesn't belong to the main characters, not something like Mario bros in K'Nex's Mario CMF bags.

However I don't think it should be titled series 13/14 and mix up with original Lego Minifigures, though TLC can still make them on different sale date. Also fans would ask TLC to make CMF for other existed licenses (like the Cuusoo Disney Minifigure project) more strongly.

Edited by Dorayaki

Plus, if they do produce sets after a CMF line, who would want to buy sets with the main characters in them if they already collected them?

I don't know licensed CMF work, though most fans would still buy them. IMO, it works for those who don't fit in big sets or doesn't belong to the main characters, not something like Mario bros in K'Nex's Mario CMF bags.

Character Building is releasing Doctor Who sets and CMFs at the same time. The CMFs have a wide variety of exclusive figs that wouldnĀ“t get released otherwise but mains like Amy and Rory are also in there albeit with only marginally different outfits. The Doctor himself is even in multiple series AND sets all with the same outfit/print. I donĀ“t know how sales are exactly but it seems like it is no problem when they do it for roughly two years now.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

The Doctor himself is even in multiple series AND sets all with the same outfit/print. I donĀ“t know how sales are exactly but it seems like it is no problem when they do it for roughly two years now.

In K'Nex Mario case, they do make some alternate prints (fire flower, etc), but they're pretty lazy and throw lots of Mario"s at the same time, while still many Mario characters haven't appeared in their line. At least TLG know how to change expression and prints.

I'm not against including repetitive characters in different forms, like Iron Patriot or a Santa Homer. However, fans could be enraged when the protagonists leave only few seats for other characters who can't make set appearances.

One advantage of Cuusoo Disney project is that it can be an independant theme. You don't have to worry about repetition.

Edited by Dorayaki

Do you guys think that the moulded heads will have studs on the top for hats and things? I assume they'll use moulds.

Do you guys think that the moulded heads will have studs on the top for hats and things? I assume they'll use moulds.

Well, what I'm guessing for Bart is one whole mould for his face and spiked hair. It would look like a minifigure head except with the hair attached as one whole thing. So I would guess the wont have the top stud.

I'm thinking there will be regular minifig heads with new molds for hair/heads. Homer's would be like CM10 grandpa's, Bart's would be like CM6 sleepyhead, etc.