You unmounted it....why?? You needed parts for other projects?

Yes, unfortunately I have neither the room, nor the budget to keep my models built... :blush: Maybe in the future, when I get a job with good pay :wink:

Woah, I'm glad this topic got dug up a bit. Would never have found it. Fantastic Model!

Looking forward to playing with this! Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy it if you build it :classic:

I still dont understand the recommendation on page 9 ( page numeber of the pdf) of the instructions regarding the 24th spur gear and cutting it off from an old diff- which diff is it excatly- may you have a partnumber- why is it better to use that?

It is because the small LA's for steering the thing will "crash" with the lower gear if you use 16z gears. It works with 16z gears, but you will hear a ratcheting sound, and I imagine over time it will tear on both the gear, as well as the LA's. :blush:

Can sombody help me with page 219... I dont want to use the yekkow knob wheels.

I would like to follow the suggestion on page 235.

Can I replace the the yellow knob wheel from page 219 wtih a gear 12 tooth bevel and later using the gear 20 tooth double bevel?

THX!

I don't have the instructions in front of me, but if you are where I think you are, then yes: replace the yellow knob gear on the vertical axle going through the turntable, with a 12z single bevel gear. Then, when you place the "arms", use double bevel 20z gears instead of the yellow knob gears! :thumbup::classic:

Hope you enjoy it!

I have lots of room or ill make some more or start putting Lego sets and mocs in my office! If you ever want to sell some stuff you know where to ask!

I have lots of room or ill make some more or start putting Lego sets and mocs in my office! If you ever want to sell some stuff you know where to ask!

I'll keep that in mind :wink:

Hi D3K!

Many thanks!

I enjoy the build very much so far- started with the frontpart already:-))

The rearpart works fine + smooth- I tested it already!

RGDS

I'm considering building this just to see how it measures up to 42030 but that will of course wait until that set is out. I also remembered that i would need a second small turntable. :angry: I don't wanna buy another 9391 or for that matter 42004 at this moment so i'll wait and see if some other small set pops up with this part in it. I haven't checked what other parts i might need since i have more sets now since last time i looked but i will wait with that as well. With the mocs i have planned i might not have the correct parts available anyway.

The small turntable isn't that expensive per piece, seeing as it is a fairly specialized part, you probably never will need it in huge quantities.. I'd just buy one from bricklink or Lego directly:-)

You can build it with just one small turntable, with a little ingenuity; I did (The red one a few pages back).

Thanks i'll keep that in mind. As for ordering the shipping would be about the same as the order cost so i prefer getting parts in sets.

Houston, we have a problem- I finished the assembly quite far!

But: the front axle is turning opposite to the rear axle (with load/ weight and without)- all other functions working fine!

Is that a diff- orientation problem? Both diffs have the big wheel on the same side...

Help pls!

Is that a diff- orientation problem? Both diffs have the big wheel on the same side...

Yes, you have one of the diffs backwards. Flip either one of them and the problem will be solved.

Hi Blackbird!

It sounds easy- but it isnt I guess...I looked at it- a lot of work...? Rear or front- which would you suggest?

Many THX

Edited by lcaa

I think the rear diff is easier to access than the front one.. As the rear axle assembly is symmetrical front-to-rear, you could just flip the entire thing?

....good question....I will have a look at that option.

I got missled by the instruction where you metioned to flip the diff- in the next step the axle pin connector won't fit that way, so I thought you might have change the drawing already and forgot to remove the note in V2...

We will see.... :wub:

Woa! I've been reading this topic since its existence, but I just realized I never replied :grin:

So, although a little late: nice MOC D3K and many thanks for the instructions. Great job! :thumbup:

I want to build this model at some point when I have time (and the yellow panels).

It worked!!!!

With the right kind of tool I was able to remove the axles of the diff only and then switch it around! The rear one!

Now it works:-))

[...] in the next step the axle pin connector won't fit that way, so I thought you might have change the drawing already and forgot to remove the note in V2...

You are absolutely right, I remember now, that the #1 axle/pin connectors (their only function is to prevent the axle going through the turntable from being pressed too far down) are placed offset to one side, exactly to clear the diff!! So when the front diff is flipped, the connectors have to be moved to the other side as well!! :facepalm:

I simply forgot this when I edited the instructions to say that the front diff should be flipped! :blush:

And I am fully aware that it is a real pain to access both diffs when the model is built... Believe me, I too learned the hard way! :sweet:

It worked!!!!

With the right kind of tool I was able to remove the axles of the diff only and then switch it around! The rear one!

Now it works:-))

Great! :thumbup: hope the model lives up to your expectations after all this hard work and frustration! Feel free to post a picture of the finished model and your impressions when you are done! :wink:

Woa! I've been reading this topic since its existence, but I just realized I never replied :grin:

So, although a little late: nice MOC D3K and many thanks for the instructions. Great job! :thumbup:

I want to build this model at some point when I have time (and the yellow panels).

Thanks! Better late than never! :sweet: If you get around to building it, just remember one of the diffs should be the other way around! :laugh:

Edited by D3K

Hats off to D3K,

I just finished building this MOC of yours, what a great build, enjoyed every minute of putting together. When I first tested all working functions, I had placed a PF extension into the cab area, this was rubbing on the small black gear in the bucket lifting transmission ( which I found out by default in checking all moving parts ) After moving said extension all was good and everything worked perfect.

I hope you design more MOCs in this new year, I have a lot of winter to see yet. :sceptic:

You can add me to the list of people building this.

Just collected the parts in the last few days....looking forward to building it!

Good to hear, hope you enjoy it! :thumbup::laugh:

Be on the lookout for minor mistakes in the instructions as mentioned in this topic :blush:

Please feel free to come back here with your impressions and thoughts when done :classic:

Think i have to add this to my list of mocs to build. Think i need to rob a Lego store for parts soon :P

Think i have to add this to my list of mocs to build.

Good stuff!

Think i need to rob a Lego store for parts soon :P

I'm in, let's make a plan! :thumbup:

Good stuff!

I'm in, let's make a plan! :thumbup:

Non in Norway so that works in our favor! I know of one i Poland but the owner was nice so we can't take that one.

This past weekend I displayed at Brickworld Indy with your MKI version of this swing loader, it got quite a workout. The public enjoyed watching the loader get right next to Designer Hans' Dump truck, then I used the swingloader action to put the bucket right over the dump body, and dump the Lego boulders inside.

The loader worked well, although the 8 tooth gear ( that controls the bucket tipping ) slid off the axle just enough to be out of alignment of the driving gears, for the bucket tip to not work. Otherwise this loader performed really well both days.

640x853.jpg

A few of the other models used to demonstrate PF functions during the show, with future builder up close! :wink:

Edited by ritztoys