Brainbox

Transformers

ROTF toys are officaly out for purchase today. Wall mart and TRU were supposed to have 5:00pm realse times, but that time was pushed to 9am this morning. Happy hunting!

A lot of cool news from Botcon, looks like Animated will have a few more waves of figures! :thumbup: The new ROTF Figs sound good (Movie Lockdown, Bludgeon, new scouts, Dirge), a Drift figure, MP Skywarp being released in the US, and Punch/COunterpunch TFCC Exclusives! I can't wait to see pictures! :cry_happy:

So I got...

-Demolisher: Simply stunning. I don't know why people hate him. The only thing I see wrong with hm is one point short of articulatoion and non-moving treads. But other than that, I think he is easily one of the best movie Voyagers thus far.

-Starscream: I had seen this guy before in my hands, but sadly I couldn't keep him, so I just picked myself up a copy(to my surprise when I saw him there.) He is at least 10 times better than the old Starscream from 2007 that I have.

-Skids: Not a favorite, but I picked him up for my collection.

-Ransack: Not many people have seen this legends class figure, but I love him. Haven't opened him yet, but I can't wait to.

Just preordered my Movie tickets online. less than a week away!

Damn, this movie is gonna rock ! :cry_happy:

Thanks for the links, Oky Wan Kenobi. I know they're already here for at least a month, but I guess I never bothered to check, or was too afraid of spoilers, which apparently it didn't contain :tongue:

Anyhoo, I want to go as soon as possible too, but we (me and my dad) have to wait 'till my sister's done with her tests so...

Really can't wait to see this.... maybe I'll buy some of the toys as well :devil:

Greetings,

CF W

Edited by CF WeaZZel

Lookie here, Ironhide is minifig scaled!

3647268664_b73a0f817b_b.jpg

I saw ROTF last night and it was awesome! A few things that bugged me was that the new characters didnt get enough development and

Devastator and the Fallen didnt get enough screentime and were both killed so easily. I thought Jetfire was amusing, Bit Skidz and mudflap who were there for the comic relief just werent that funny.

Thanks for the spoiler tags. I won't be able to see it till next Saturday. I'm over the whole character delovpment thing. I didn't expect much in the way of character development considering there's close or around 40 bots. I think they crammed to many bots, but oh well. Every person that has seen it has said its better than the first, and much improved.

I've picked up Sideswipe, Leader Prime, Ransack, Voyager Starscream, and a couple others. Ransack is probably my favorite of the ROTF toys. He's just unique and looks good in both modes, IMHO. Prime is also well done, although I'm not crazy about his swords..they hinder his elbow movement a little when stowed, and I don't care for how they look extended. Starscream looks much better than his 07 version, but it would have been great had the original additional joint in the hands made it to final production to allow them to be better hidden in jet mode. They look terrible sticking out the back. I've been spoiled by all my Yamato Macross toys.

I got the game today. It's better than the 07 game; the weapons are actually useful in combat, you can transform anytime, including while jumping, and vehicle mode can be used to give momentum to attacks. cons: the play area is very limited, controls take some getting used to. There's alot of exposition between combat sequences. I've only played the Decepticons so far. There's banter back and forth between the characters, with Starscream generally offering critiques and such. The renders look good (I'm playing PS3). The game would have been better served, IMO, had the setup been more like standard sandbox games, like Infamous, Red Faction: Guerilla, GTA, or Prototype, to name a few, with high destructability and the option to pick and choose missions at random, or side quests.

I saw it at Midnight last night, and man was it amazing. It has some of the best special effects I have ever seen. I love how Bay included a lot more robots in this film. And I thought Megan Fox was hot in the first one. She is amazing in this one.

I bought Sideswipe too the other day. His vehicle form is just too perfect (can't wait to see him in the movies either :wub:

Only complaint (spellcheck ? :sceptic: ) is that it takes a while to transform him, but ah well :classic:

So, there ís gonna be a game as well, ánd for PS3. Excellent. Can't wait to play that either. (Damn, my bank account is getting sucked dry this year :sadnew: )

I'm probably gonna watch it next monday...

I'd like to see Jetfire transform :grin:

Greetings,

CF W

I don't know about you guys but I found the movie horrible. I enjoyed the first one but I couldn't stand this one. Of course the special effects were amazing but the story felt like it was all over the place and I could not stand Mudflap and Skidz, they make Jar Jar look like a decent character!

I would rant some more about the movie but I can't seem to get the spoiler tags to work. If anyone can help could they? Thanks.

I'm not going to say don't go see the movie but if you had problems with the first film then don't expect that they fixed anything in this one.

Edited by Pigbrick

I don't know about you guys but I found the movie horrible. I enjoyed the first one but I couldn't stand this one. Of course the special effects were amazing but the story felt like it was all over the place and I could not stand Mudflap and Skidz, they make Jar Jar look like a decent character!

I would rant some more about the movie but I can't seem to get the spoiler tags to work. If anyone can help could they? Thanks.

I'm not going to say don't go see the movie but if you had problems with the first film then don't expect that they fixed anything in this one.

While I agree that the first one was better, I feel that this one was also really good. While the story was kind of all over the place, it was still pretty decent. Also, the slow motion shots of Megan Fox running helped the film a lot. I kind of liked Mudflap and Skidz. While they were kind of stereotypical, they were funny.

While I agree that the first one was better, I feel that this one was also really good. While the story was kind of all over the place, it was still pretty decent. Also, the slow motion shots of Megan Fox running helped the film a lot. I kind of liked Mudflap and Skidz. While they were kind of stereotypical, they were funny.

Yeah, the cheese factor in the movie was through the roof, and I absolutely loved it. Everything about this movie is incredibly excessive, in the best possible way. The humour was super silly and non-stop in your face, but if you go into this movie expecting to have fun you will LOL at every joke. I know I did. The crowd was so into it too, which really helps. Everyone LOL'd at all the jokes and cheered every time Optimus was in the action. It was such a fun and entertaining movie, and the effects were the best I've ever seen.

If you go into this movie expecting some sort of profound philosophical Oscar bait, I guarantee you will be terribly let down. This is exactly what a summer blockbuster popcorn action flick should be. It's Michael Bay let off his leash! I am becoming such a huge fan of his movies. There is nothing worse than unnecessary bad CG in a movie (cough I Am Legend), yet nothing quite as breathtaking as good CG. Michael Bay movies tend to have a massive amount of top notch CG.

I recommend you see it with the same attitude you likely had toward movies when you were around 8 years old. Back then, I could not have cared less about plot holes or the nuances of acting. I paid to see giant robots slug it out and I got what I paid for in spades; not to mention some great laughs in between.

Of course the plot sucked. It sucked in the first one, and it was still an amazing movie in my books. By that logic, this one is even better.

I left the theatre with the same feeling I had upon leaving The Dark Knight when I saw it on its IMAX midnight premiere. That feeling was "How the hell could they possibly top that in a third movie!?"

I can't wait to see it again in IMAX, and I recommend it to anyone who can lighten up and take a movie a little less seriously.

Trust me when I say that I had an open attitude when I went to see the film. Of course I knew the film wasn't going to be Oscar or anything profound, I did see the first one afterall, and I expected the same with this. But I really don't like this as a sequel! Here's my long ranting reasoning:

I was really hoping that the robots would finally play a bigger role in this, and they do, but not in the way I hoped. There are more robots but none of them had any character! I was hoping that some would be more fleshed out in this but really they were eye candy. Prime is the best example for what I wanted to see in the film, at least in the beginning. Optimus Prime had a big part were he was talking with the humans, expressing what he felt should be said, arguing, and showing concern. This was what I was hoping for, a robot character that had an equal role with the human characters. I loved it! Until they killed him off early in the film. We only see Prime again at the climax of the film for a short time. I hoped Bumblebee could also play a bigger role since he was with Sam but he really didn’t do much. I even think he had a lesser role in this than the first film. Most of the robots, to me, were just background characters and were there for action scenes (well, of course they would be). The best roles robot wise, besides Prime, was the interaction between Megatron and Starscream. I was really happy to see that! But I didn't like how Megatron was taking orders from the Fallen. To me that didn't feel right... And the Fallen never felt like a threat to me. He just didn't feel very... evil. Overall, none of the characters were made to connect with the viewers (at least that’s what I felt), and I just didn’t care what happened to them. Prime’s death scene felt wasted. If you seen the commercials for the movie you know he comes back. But I did like how he died for Sam, that was very Prime like.

Now I know about the humor of the film, since the first film had the same kind, but it was just too much for me this time. I was almost okay with it until the Devastator balls scene. It was just too much. And Mudflap and Skidz just felt like the worst racial stereotype characters I’ve seen in a film! I just could not stand them! If you enjoyed the humor in this film, that's fine, I'm not judging anyone about it but to me I just could not stand it like the first film. It was too much.

And two personal things I want to mention (well, if you don't consider this whole rant personal :wink: ). Soundwave and Devastator are possibly my two favorite characters in Transformers. Soundwave, even though was voiced by Frank Welker, did nothing in this film. I was sad to see that. But at least he's not dead. Devastator, what I loved about him in the cartoon was that he was a ton of robots merging together to form a big bot! The movie oddly didn't do that. The Conscructicons did not merge to form Devastator in the film. They were located in different areas! It was odd to me.

I wouldn’t be surprised if any one of you might think of me as one of those fans that absolutely dislikes changing any of the Transformers lore or look, I mean after reading this myself I can’t blame you for seeing me like that but please know I’m not. I really enjoyed the first film but I just couldn’t come to liking this.

I just finish of saw Transformers:ROTF a couple of hours ago and I feel the need to comment on it for some reason :tongue: . Well, first things first so I am going to start with my overall impressions of the film:

To be honest I really entered to see this film with an open mind and hoping the best for it cause it WAS my most anticipated movie this year and I need to admit I went out of the theater dissapointed :sadnew: .

I will not spoil any part to anyone so I will not comment in specific scenes but rather as a whole thing. My first complain needs to go with the character development :hmpf_bad: , I wasn´t really expecting an Oscar quality plot of any kind but really Bay focused too much in the action sequence and very little in the development of the characters. You barely see any of the new autobots or decepticons developed and what is worse is that they lose track of some of the characters that the last film established :sadnew: .

I also don

Edited by darkrebellion

I just finish of saw Transformers:ROTF a couple of hours ago and I feel the need to comment on it for some reason :tongue: . Well, first things first so I am going to start with my overall impressions of the film:

To be honest I really entered to see this film with an open mind and hoping the best for it cause it WAS my most anticipated movie this year and I need to admit I went out of the theater dissapointed :sadnew: .

I will not spoil any part to anyone so I will not comment in specific scenes but rather as a whole thing. My first complain needs to go with the character development :hmpf_bad: , I wasn´t really expecting an Oscar quality plot of any kind but really Bay focused too much in the action sequence and very little in the development of the characters. You barely see any of the new autobots or decepticons developed and what is worse is that they lose track of some of the characters that the last film established :sadnew: .

I also don�t like how they based the movie so much into it�s comic relief :hmpf_bad: . What I liked about the last ilm is that it gives you some TRUE laughs and is quite serious at times but I really don�t see even a small bit of good humor in this one. It also contain too many sexual themed jokes to my taste, don�t get my wrong many movies use them nowadays but they just doesn�t feel right in this one.

I must admit that the effects and action sequences are REALLY GOOD and that they have a pretty good quality too. I also like how they make me remember does God Of War like kills around all the action sequences (Don´t fear thought they don´t contain any kind of blood just metal parts flying everywhere :tongue: ).

I like the overall acting of Megan Fox (Plus watch her in the BIG screen is good too :tongue: ) and also the acting of Sam´s friend. The acting of Shia LeBoeuf was well... I don´t know :tongue: , maybe I will classify it between average to good but nothing more.

To end with my opinions I need to said that I liked the first one better but this one is worth watching in the BIG screen :thumbup: .

I agree that the plot was a little weak and that you lost a lot of the characters in the film. I actually liked the humor in the film. You are definitely right about Megan Fox and Sam's friend. I actually like Shia Leboeuf.

Really didn't like the film. I didn't enter the theater expecting Kubrick, but man og man was that awful. There were so many racist and sexist stereotypes it made me want to cry. My ears and eyes were bleeding every time Skids and Mudflap appeared, what classically Micheal Bay rubbish they were. The action was a letdown too, the final battle was so short since the desert crossing scene went on too long. It was pretty awful apart from the wonderful effects in my opinion, even Micheal Bay's normally gorgeous explosion shots were dull here.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Not being a real transformers fan, I have no interest in seeing Revenge of the Falllen, but I've got to say... man, are some of those toy designs ugly. Seriously, Starscream is flipping fat, and one of the other robots has a head that's almost lower than his shoulders! I dunno if it's like this in the actual movie, but I can say easily that the toys for the new animated series far surpass the movie toys in aesthetics - despite the fact that the movie versions intended to coolify the transformers. :hmpf:

Oh, and one other thing relating to a review I read of the movie: Michael Bay really went insane the day he decided to put balls on a transformer. Seriously, what in Optimus Prime's name was he thinking? :wacko:

Edited by Grevious

Not being a real transformers fan, I have no interest in seeing Revenge of the Falllen, but I've got to say... man, are some of those toy designs ugly. Seriously, Starscream is flipping fat, and one of the other robots has a head that's almost lower than his shoulders! I dunno if it's like this in the actual movie, but I can say easily that the toys for the new animated series far surpass the movie toys in aesthetics - despite the fact that the movie versions intended to coolify the transformers. :hmpf:

Oh, and one other thing relating to a review I read of the movie: Michael Bay really went insane the day he decided to put balls on a transformer. Seriously, what in Optimus Prime's name was he thinking? :wacko:

I actually liked that he gave the Transformer balls. It added to the humor of the movie. You have to see the movie to understand the joke.

Ok, so i just got home from seeing the movie. (in IMAX might i add :classic: ). After all the hype, the rumors, the leaks, the false spread rumors, and waiting 2 hours in line i finally,finally got to see the movie that I've been waiting 2 yrs to see....

And i have to say it was well worth it. :thumbup: But the movie was not without its faults.

First lets start with the good.....

Great action. The best i think I've ever seen in any film within recent yrs. The CGI was also top notch, which is important in a film like this. Very well done.

Story and plot.. I really don't see what everyone is complaining about concerning the story line and plot. Sure it was no "Piano", but I think they went very well together and the characters did a good job delivering everything to the audience. Also

Prime's death really hit home for me. And considering all the gasps from the audience I'd say that it hit them as well.

as well as

Sam's near death experience. Very cool to see him interact with the original Prime's. Another great part of the story/plot.

Character development was also greatly improved.

Star scream finally got the screen time and character development he deserved. We finally got to see Prime as the bad megablocks leader we all know him to be, Skids and Mudflap were great comic relief! And Jet fire was awesome!! Grumpy old bot, very animated personality and brought lots of laughs as well.

These three, were by far, the best bots in terms of character development and personality, as well as really adding to the whole movie.

The humor of the movie was also great! Everything from Bumble Bee's music, Sam parents, his Room Mate, to dim witted Skids and Mudflap, the Humor was hilarious. Non stop laughter throughout the film.

Sound wave... I have to say

that i really liked his role in the film. Everything from his satellite mode, to him intercepting the Army's transmissions and communicating. When i first heard he didn't come down to earth, i was disappointed. But after seeing the film, i think his role in space really worked.

And ravage!

I loved how he combined with Sound wave. Great rendition of him!

I also like how a few of the trailers actually mislead you to believe something completely different in the movie.

For example,

the preview of the carrier being hit by the protoforms. The previews would lead you to believe that they were the constructicons, but they were really the fallen's army. I also liked how the Construcicons were first scene on the deck of the cargo ship. That was not expected.

Now for the dislikes..

First Character development. I actually agree

that it would have been better to see more from the new bots. You really didn't see anything from Arcee,her twins, or Sideswipe. Though is opening scene was great, it was shown in one of the previews. And that was pretty much the biggest scene that he is in, in the whole movie. Same with Arcee and her twins.

Though i have to admit, Sideswipes alt mode was bad megablocks! Now for Sideways. (the decepticon we saw in nearly every preview busting through the building)..

His role was pretty pointless. I mean he gave a great scene of him busting through the building, but that's all he did! And whats worse, is everything from his building scene,to his quick demise courtesy of Sideswipe, was all in the trailers!! Spoiled before you even get to see the movie! Horrible!

I also wish we got to see more character development from the

constructicons. Not only that, but you don't get a good view of Scraper in robot mode, nore do you even get to see Hightower in Robot mode! Lame!

Humor,...

Ya, i know i said I liked it,(which i did. But i can see were it could be over the top for some. Especially for kids.

Then there are the plot holes. Well, i don't know if you can call them plot holes, but they definitely didn't make any sense. First...

In the beginning, Prime blows a hole in Demolisher's head. But later in the movie, he comes back (at least in vehicle mode)with the rest of the constructicons at the end to form devastator.

It is also never explained..

how the constructicons got to egypt. While i could easily lover look this, it was something so simple that could have been done in similar fashion of the first film when Star scream mobilizes the decepticons. Only this time it was the Sound wave. Which worked just fine, but it seems that only Star scream responded to the mobilizing order.

Second (and these were my biggest complaints of the film)..

After the scene of Devastator combining, they show all the decepticons fighting in there separate robot modes against the auto bots and the Army. How can Longhaul, Scraper, Rampage, and Mix Master all be fighting the Army when devastator is climbing the pyramid? How can this be? I know it wasn't different time frames cause they were constantly switching scenes with devastator and the end fight scene. I have to say that really bugged me.

Last was (and these really weren't a big deal, but..

Blackout (or Grindor as his toy says) was a bit out of place. Here we have a decepticon that for all intense of purposes, was killed off in the first film, and then all of a sudden he appears without any explanation. Also,did anyone catch Bone crusher at the end battle scene? Again, a bot that was killed off in the first film, but re-appears out of know where.

So that's my long list of pros and cons of "Revenge of the fallen". For me, though the movie was far from perfect, it was still very enjoyable, and still worth watching. Skids, Mudflap, and Jetfire alone made up for all imperfections of the movie.

Though there are a couple things I'd still like to ask....

Devastator, what I loved about him in the cartoon was that he was a ton of robots merging together to form a big bot! The movie oddly didn't do that. The Conscructicons did not merge to form Devastator in the film.

Were you not paying attention??? The Combination sequence of devestator was defenatly in the movie, and it was incredible!!

And Mudflap and Skidz just felt like the worst racial stereotype characters I’ve seen in a film!
There were so many racist and sexist stereotypes it made me want to cry. My ears and eyes were bleeding every time Skids and Mudflap appeared, what classically Micheal Bay rubbish they were. Batbrick Away! :devil:

Please explain these comments please. How do Skids and Mudflap full fill any kid of "Racial Stereotype". Not being a smart megablocks, but i'd really like to know why you both felt this way.

Edited by 5150 Lego

The movie was awesome. But too many scene they cut off, not really what are the fate of Arcee and company and also those twins.

Please explain these comments please. How do Skids and Mudflap full fill any kid of "Racial Stereotype". Not being a smart megablocks, but i'd really like to know why you both felt this way.

Skids and Mudflap filled the stereotype of black people in America. Not very well educated (as they said they didn't do a lot of reading), at least one had a gold tooth, and the way they talked with bad grammar and with a underlining tone of unintelligence. I am not saying that I agree with these stereotypes at all, but they definitely had all of these characteristics. If you don't live in the US I can understand why you might not get the stereotypes.