Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

It is confirmed that there are gunners in the battlepack, that is, at least one.

That's great news! :wub:

So excited to see final pics now.

So what is the lineup in the imperial BP? 2 Royal Guards, Imperial Gunner and Stormtrooper?

Thanks,

Batman1

That's great news! :wub:

So excited to see final pics now.

So what is the lineup in the imperial BP? 2 Royal Guards, Imperial Gunner and Stormtrooper?

Thanks,

Batman1

2 of each,except the stormtrooper, which there are none of.

I can not wait for the battlepacks 3 battlepacks!!!! :O

If TLG had done the Saleucami battle like a BP (1 91st recon corps,3 recon troopers and a Barc speeder) it would have be awesome.

2 of each,except the stormtrooper, which there are none of.

Two stormtroopers, a gunner and a guard would have been a nice battle pack...

Two stormtroopers, a gunner and a guard would have been a nice battle pack...

That would be an outright awsome BP, but if I had to choose between any 4 figures, then 2 DS gunners, one Stormtrooper and one Royal Guard (who needs an army of Royal guards anyway?!)

ERG's only appear in short quantities in the film anyway. Perhaps we can get a stormie bp mid year?

When have we ever had Battle packs mid year? Like it would be cool but to be realistic i highly doubt that will happen at least not next year. Because mid year sets are normally the larger of the sets of the year and i really don't want to lose the number of larger sets for battle packs.

I understand that it hasn't happened previously, although with little media content show wise around they may have to fill in waves until Rebels starts screening otherwise all we are going to get is upgrades mostly.

I can not wait for the battlepacks 3 battlepacks!!!! :O

If TLG had done the Saleucami battle like a BP (1 91st recon corps,3 recon troopers and a Barc speeder) it would have be awesome.

Yea, I think its a real shame that the Saleucami set isn't a battle pack. I mean only one trooper in that set, and its not even Commander Neyo. :sceptic:

Yea, I think its a real shame that the Saleucami set isn't a battle pack. I mean only one trooper in that set, and its not even Commander Neyo. :sceptic:

Yep - the logic behind that shabby set is going to need to be explained to me. It will be the wrong side of £25 too...

I think its because that squad of troopers don't really deffer from each other...so practically you do have a commander neyo.

Most troopers of the 91st Reconnaissance Corps have the same armor, the only difference is that the officers wore command sashes on their armor(like Neyo), this was also worn by the ARC's of the 91st RC. :wink:

Actually, I now re-read the whole brickset discussion, and not just parts of it. What I conclude based on posts of people who have reliable information from TLG, it seems almost certain that we are getting the Sandcrawler as UCS and an AT-AT as a system set.

I am quite dissapointed and would have prefered if it was the other way around, but marketing-wise this appears as a smart move for TLG. Slave I in September wil be THE UCS of the year (an UCS AT-AT would only steal its spotlight) and besides, AT-AT would sell well in whatever size.

As an UCS enthusiast (sadly not hyped over Slave I) I can only patiently await a nice 3k+ parts minifigure scale AT-AT UCS... :sceptic:

Feels like yesterday we had an System AT-AT, but then again, they aren't discontinued long. We've already had, what, three versions? I'm still thinking if I want a true UCS AT-AT I'll have to get the instructions for one of the excellent MOCs on this site, I don't know if TLG will ever take the financial risk needed for a truly great one (5500+ pieces)

If the Slave I is the big UCS set (and I hope so, I'd like it to be to scale to the UCS Falcon) then it sounds like the Sandcrawler would be a remake of the old set and nothing compared to the cuusoo version. Which means I'd have to MOC that as well.

Most troopers of the 91st Reconnaissance Corps have the same armor, the only difference is that the officers wore command sashes on their armor(like Neyo), this was also worn by the ARC's of the 91st RC. :wink:

Yes,there is not difference between a normal 91st corp and Neyo,because If wookiepedia is right,Neyo wear a normal armour to protect himself (the enemies cannot distinguish between him an the other soldiers)

Feels like yesterday we had an System AT-AT, but then again, they aren't discontinued long. We've already had, what, three versions? I'm still thinking if I want a true UCS AT-AT I'll have to get the instructions for one of the excellent MOCs on this site, I don't know if TLG will ever take the financial risk needed for a truly great one (5500+ pieces)

If the Slave I is the big UCS set (and I hope so, I'd like it to be to scale to the UCS Falcon) then it sounds like the Sandcrawler would be a remake of the old set and nothing compared to the cuusoo version. Which means I'd have to MOC that as well.

Yeah... Did you put an extra digit in there? :tongue:

I can see Lego remaking the Sandcrawler with a similar design to the older set though.

Edited by Lego Spy

Yes, but that last At-At set was quite terrible, no wonder Lego retired it in no time. Honestly, I don't think I've been seeing that set around for more than a year. 10178 is another story, although not perfect, it was a remarkable set. I believe Lego would take the financial risk, I mean At-At is for ESB what X-Wing was for ANH, it's a true landmark of SW. My guess is it would sell better then Executor if done properly. Not to mention that Lego can always make new bigger molds to bring down the piece count.

As for Sandcrawler I don't know, for me it was a funny vehicle in the movie, but if it is anything like system set, it wouldn't remind me of anything else than a big brown shoebox on my shelf. Just not my cup of tea.

Edited by Spyderlord

Well lets see the System set... maybe it's a good enough upgrade.

The biggest ATAT is like 66-75% the size of what a proper minifigure scale would be. Maybe if it's bigger and more true... it could still be cool.

I'm hoping it's not motorized. While kind of fun unless done right it looks like an idiot is driving. And it also takes away from the look.

I'm hoping it's not motorized. While kind of fun unless done right it looks like an idiot is driving. And it also takes away from the look.

Have you seen the movie? It looks like an idiot is driving.

What happened to the numbers 75026 and 75027?

Will we et sets for these numbers, or are these numbers for sets we will never see?

Greetings. Hendrik

Have you seen the movie? It looks like an idiot is driving.

Not THAT drunk. XP

Ebay'd that monster. Entertaining lol but doesn't feel serious. I want a serious business AT-AT. :P

Well lets see the System set... maybe it's a good enough upgrade.

The biggest ATAT is like 66-75% the size of what a proper minifigure scale would be. Maybe if it's bigger and more true... it could still be cool.

Oh, I'm quite convinced it won't be motorized. This kind of marketing stunt you pull once, not systematically... I think the last failed model thought them a lesson, so, yes, I believe it would be a decent upgrade. As for me, I'll wait for the proper UCS in minifig scale, that's bound to happen at some point.

...As for me, I'll wait for the proper UCS in minifig scale, that's bound to happen at some point.

I pray to the Bricklords you're right. But, if a decent UCS AT-AT is just too risky a commercial product for TLG maybe they could simply make a limited edition parts pack based on Cavegod's instructions for the die-hard fans. No pretty box, no instructions, no need to develop a product, just send out lots of bricks! A seductively cheap no brainer solution which would avoid much Bricklinking agony and additional shipping costs.

...and of course prove to be a little financial boost for CG's efforts!! :wink:

But I dream an unreasonable dream and think too far outside the proverbial marketing box I fear... :look:

A Slave 1 UCS is an interesting prospect. However, without a dedicated cockpit mould I suspect I might be disappointed. It's a tough gig of a design to depict with the brick but if they can pull it off and be sufficiently different to what's been tried before then it has the potential to be an absolute classic...

Edited by Aeroeza