Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I'm hoping the local Lego store has these on Friday (tomorrow). I wish individual Lego stores could have an email list letting people know when the new product arrives. I had been resigned to August 1st as my hunting date for these, now I'm going to try to get there as soon as possible.

I'm hoping the local Lego store has these on Friday (tomorrow). I wish individual Lego stores could have an email list letting people know when the new product arrives. I had been resigned to August 1st as my hunting date for these, now I'm going to try to get there as soon as possible.

Me too. When will stores like target and such get these sets in? the nearest lego store is a good 30 minutes away...

The other stores may be contractually obligated to observe the August 1st date, or they might get stock out soon, too.

You could always pick up the phone and ask.

Edited by rollermonkey

Me too. When will stores like target and such get these sets in? the nearest lego store is a good 30 minutes away...

In my experience, target gets the sets first and then toysrus gets them about a week or so later. Also could explain why target had some sets from 2013 on clearance.

Usually TRU gets sets in early and even sells them at retail price, then raises the prices later. I'm surprised they hadn't gotten the new stuff in yet, since I assumed it was part of their contract with Lego.

As others have mentioned, I would assume that target/Walmart will get them on the release date depending on if the specific stores have done their Lego reset.

Target has a great inventory system, so you may be able to call and check. If the sets don't have a street date on the box, you can usually buy them if they have them.

Hey guys, I've been away from the forum for a while so to save me looking through pages and pages could you just tell me if I've missed anything? I've been away for about 1 month.

Usually TRU gets sets in early and even sells them at retail price, then raises the prices later. I'm surprised they hadn't gotten the new stuff in yet, since I assumed it was part of their contract with Lego.

As others have mentioned, I would assume that target/Walmart will get them on the release date depending on if the specific stores have done their Lego reset.

Target has a great inventory system, so you may be able to call and check. If the sets don't have a street date on the box, you can usually buy them if they have them.

Yeah, in my experience TRU generally gets things first. Ultra Agents & GOTG are the most recent examples I can recall. I'm shocked whenever I see a new set at TRU and then spot it at Target in the same week, which is a rarity (Simpsons figures, I think, hit all the stores about the same time, when usually Target's weeks/MONTHS behind in CMF waves.

Here's that mini Ghost set, to be sold at SDCC for $39.99!

b711c8990683770f4b54a8b662ef573bdeb98f0f.jpg

-Sci

Edited by CM4Sci

Here's that mini Ghost set, to be sold at SDCC for

-Sci

Nothing exclusive looking about it. Anyone see any rare Lego pieces? I mean it's the same chopper.

Nothing exclusive looking about it. Anyone see any rare Lego pieces? I mean it's the same chopper.

That'a good! That way the only thing 'exclusive' is the packaging and that particular grouping of pieces… the best kind of exclusive!

indeed, best kind, means we can easily bricklink a copy of it. And as long as its not a Tin (I have a weak spot for those) then there is no need to pay the premium prices :)

I wish more of Lego's Comic Con exclusives were like these ones.

I agree, but that's how they keep it exclusive. Personally, I don't really like these comic con sets. Their kinda ugly and too chibi.

Hello, everyone! I'm a bit new here, but I noticed something about our "exciting" new mini ghost.

If you look behind the turret on top, It seems to have a gap.

Microfighter maybe?

It explains the minifig :wink:

$40 for THAT?

What a ripoff.

instead of a new print, they shamelessly reused the falcon microfighter cockpit piece on basically a Ghost microfighter as an "exclusive" set for $40. Total money grab. I bet some suckers will buy them dry.

Hello, everyone! I'm a bit new here, but I noticed something about our "exciting" new mini ghost.

If you look behind the turret on top, It seems to have a gap.

Microfighter maybe?

It explains the minifig :wink:

Yup. Makes sense considering Rocket Raccoon's Warbird is a Micro Fighter as well. It probably has around 50 more pieces than a standard MF, as does the Warbird, which should put it at $15-$20. But, exclusive-tax! So it's $40 instead. Ugh.

The price might not just cover the set itself. Remember those collector tins the Sith Infiltrator and Landspeeder came in at SDCC 2012? That would no doubt push the price up.

640px-SDCCMaul1.jpg

Conventions like SDCC are nothing but a money grab. LEGO is no different than any other exhibitor. Other than unique Comic Con packaging and maybe a brick or two in the set, nothing is unique about their exclusive sets.

At 8:01 we can see a potential upcoming REBELS set : Wookiee Cruiser

And Vizago has a ship, The Broken Horn. (7:35)

More potential sets: AT-DP, Imperial Troop Transport, The Inqusitor's TIE Advanced, Imperial Speeder Bike, TIE Fighter, Imperial Freighter.

I'm sure, next year gonna be awesome. I hope we get a sneak peek at SDCC.