Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

hi, generally your are right the slave is a extremely complex ship to build with Lego parts because of all those strange curves and shapes, since now I saw just one moc, with is still in wip, with is built in other way then all the other mocs, I would love if Lego is coming up with something like this, but I sill don’t believe in the ucs slave one until I see the official Lego release with I hope is soooooooon. Dos some on know when Lego will announce it?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sydag/8600316086/

I'm still a little skeptical of how a UCS Slave 1 will work out? The two big fears are The Canopy as stated above. And the Complex curves of the ship. Something that Lego does not do real well. (By complex curves I don't simply mean that it has a lot of curves. Complex curves refers to the fact that the curves it has have 2 or more different arcs or radius in different directions at the same point. Think an American Football or Rugby Ball if you will.) The problem is Lego has a fairly limited selection of Radius parts to work with. Maybe something interesting can be done with the new 1x2 curved slopes? We shall see how it comes out.

Also I always thought Slave 1 is roughly 1/2 the size of the Falcon in all dimensions. So roughly 1/4 the overall size of the MF. (At least that is how it always looked to my eye looking at the Fine Molds 1/72 scale models of each.)

Well for the Canopy or cockpit (whatever it's called) what I'm betting they'll do is make it similar to the cockpits of the other UCS sets and not actually have a glass piece there. It'll probably just be an outline of it using those bendable tube-like pieces. I'm not sure what they're called.

I'm not sure about that... The X-Wing and B-Wing sets had canopies so I'm sure they'd look to put one on there. I actually think if they did put out another UCS Falcon that canopy area on the bridge is one place they could improve on.

I realize that this is the SW forum, but if you think that TLG hasn't figured out better ways to do complex curves, you should check out the Creator Expert Sydney Opera House. Fantastic (and accurate) reproduction of complex curves. I've got no qualms that they can do Slave I correctly.

I realize that this is the SW forum, but if you think that TLG hasn't figured out better ways to do complex curves, you should check out the Creator Expert Sydney Opera House. Fantastic (and accurate) reproduction of complex curves. I've got no qualms that they can do Slave I correctly.

Ove Arup ftw!

Fantastic: YES, Accurate: No

Maybe they can i do hope so !^^, if the rumor about the slave are true! did you see the Prototype UCS ? It is cruel ! :grin:

Fantastic: YES, Accurate: No

Maybe they can i do hope so !^^, if the rumor about the slave are true! did you see the Prototype UCS ? It is cruel ! :grin:

What prototype?? The wip that was shared earlier? Or am I just really behind. A UCS slave one would be cool, and I know they can do it at TLG.

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

It's the size of a frickin' star destroyer set! That may be very close to minifig scale, and if it's a prototype, they will likely cheese-wedge it up to make those larger curves smoother.

Yeah, I doubt that's the real thing, or even a prototype. Look at the round parts around the wings. The "corners" of those appear to be the old 3x3x2 angular quarter domes, a part that is not only a poor choice for that part of the ship, but has been discontinued for more than a decade (and replaced with the new quarter dome, which is itself not an ideal choice for that feature).

My guess is someone found an old MOC of a UCS Slave One and photoshopped it to look like a blurry leaked catalog photo. I can't find the source pic myself but I'm sure it's out there.

Edited by Lyichir

Yeah, I doubt that's the real thing, or even a prototype. Look at the round parts around the wings. The "corners" of those appear to be the old 3x3x2 angular quarter domes, a part that is not only a poor choice for that part of the ship, but has been discontinued for more than a decade (and replaced with the new quarter dome, which is itself not an ideal choice for that feature).

My guess is someone found an old MOC of a UCS Slave One and photoshopped it to look like a blurry leaked catalog photo. I can't find the source pic myself but I'm sure it's out there.

It's not a MOC, this is from the original LEGO office picture.

http://officesnapshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/View-of-the-Open-Room_photo_AndersSuneBerg-1.jpg

The picture above is part of a larger picture which was of a lego studio showing a display case with various sets in it. It's quite an old picture so I doubt the new slave 1 will be the same as that.

Edit: beaten to it

Edited by will

Next time read all of my post...

I posted the link to the original Lego office picture with the Slave one in it. Yes maybe it is old, very old, but it is still from Lego and if they are releasing the UCS slave, this is by sure one of the first Prototype even if it is 10 and more Years old by now, that only show that TLG is working on big project for a long time an releasing them when they think it becomes in a stage where we give a lot of money for a set, that’s all.

Because of those extremely difficult shape of the Slave, it is hard to get it right with old Bricks as we can see in the picture, but now with all new rounded shaped bricks it will becomes possible. I guess that we will see the result in a few days if the rumours become truth.

Does someone know at what date the Evokvillage was officially announce last Year?

Ewok village was announced on June 1st I believe, at least thats the date on the designer video.

Any word on an AAT coming out this year. :tongue:

It's the only thing I'm looking forward to!! :thumbup:

I think all those rumors were based upon the MTT minifigs line up, with the confirmation of this set the AAT would be nowhere to be seen in the near future (I think).

Any word on an AAT coming out this year. :tongue:

It's the only thing I'm looking forward to!! :thumbup:

You already got an AAT this year.

Sure it was a Microfighter, but it counts.

:P

i thought there will be 2 additional sets? first it was the MTT, second is? where is the Tie advanced?

This is another UCS Slave 1 that utilizes curves. It can be done!

https://www.flickr.c...N06/8586455381/

I must admit I find the curves on there a little too distracting. While the shape is technically close to Slave 1 the patchwork effect of smaller curves somehow takes away from the overall look.