Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Since Disney has taken over, they have dismissed the EU, TCW, and to some degree the PT. That's a lot of fans and they are catering to one group of SW fans now.

Not sure where this has come from because it was Disney that announced after take over that they actually intend to bring out SW releases on several fronts and through various formats (films, animated series). I am quite confident that Disney will expand and bring something out for all the various eras of SW timeline.

^agreed. I know that I read that they (Disney) were carefully going through the EU novels and wanted to incorporate as much as possible into canon, but needed to review it for paradoxical issues.

Exactly Disney is about brand quality and integrity. They will keep anything that works and ditch whatever conflicts with established canon. It will be interesting to see how much of the post ROTJ era they will keep for ep7 going forward.

This is a LEGO forum so maybe some of you didnt realize that the plug on TCW was pulled after Season 5 when additional seasons were planned. There's plenty of discussions on other forums for hardcore SW fans that cover this so I'll drop it.

I'd like to slap Jangofett50 right in the kisser, better not be lying buddy those sets sound awesome!

I'd like to slap Jangofett50 right in the kisser, better not be lying buddy those sets sound awesome!

They're just an assumption based on his own opinion. Nothing from that list has any weight behind potential.

Hothbricks has some new SW info about may the 4th up, Unfortunately I cant HTML the photo as they have restricted that. Anyway heres the link.

https://www.flickr.c...in/photostream/

Im not an expert translator but obviously the gist of it is-

Free figure with orders over $55

Free poster with star wars orders

Additional 15% off a selection of star wars sets

https://www.flickr.c...in/photostream/

Would someone translate the top right yellow box as my knowledge doesn't go that far :laugh: .

Edited by The Joker1

If you are a VIP member, you can win the ultimate Star Wars collection (all the sets depicted on the image, I guess). You need to make a purchase between 28th of April and 4th of May, though.

Thank you, I will be buying the sandcrawler so that's fine with me. It would be great if there was a discount on the sandcrawler but i doubt that will happen.

OK, seriously now... this thread is massively bloated, and even with the search, I cannot find anything I want since pretty much everything gets ten pages of results... Can the mods PLEASE update the first post with the known information? I don't even care about the pictures so much, just the prices / piece counts, etc.

Probably all the LEGO SW sets that are NOT on the second image. (In other words, none of the big sets get a discount.)

Well, if I remember correctly, the UCS B-Wing was 50% off last year.

Thanks for sharing this. Been eagerly anticipating some news on the festivities.

Being that this flyer covers from April 28th, I'm wondering if there are other promos planned specific to the three-day window shown in the store calendar. I'm actually holding out for a sale on the microfighters next month, but if it ends up being only 15%, it wouldn't overly sway me.

Hopefully we hear of more news soon.

Hi rollermonkey, please bear in mind that most of the moderators have full time work or college and look after EB on a voluntary basis. I'm sure that Brickdoctor will update the front page when he has time. There are several links that we've included in the blog in the last few weeks, but I've included one below for FBTB which has some nice photos of the new sets: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/16/toy-fair-report-lego-star-wars/

True. But apparently Lucas supported a bit of the EU giving it his blessing. Lucas himself says he sees no difference between TCW and the movies. The biggest problem with the EU is that a portion, who knows how much, conflicts with Lucas's story ideas beyond RoTJ. This would tie the hands of Disney who would have to sort out what is basically a giant mess. They decided to basically due away with the EU making everything they produce canon and everything else not canon. Viewing how controlling Disney is over their brands it's really no surprise. I would also not be surprised to see some of the EU material appear in future movies, either as part of the Star Wars main trilogy or as a part of the stand alone movies that have been talked about.

What this means is Disney wants everyone to move forward away from EU and PT for that matter. Episode VII is a continuation of OT thus why TCW was ended and why we will see few sets from PT other than the ones that were already agreed upon.

TCW ending also had less to do with an overall decision, and more to do with the Disney XD channel not wanting to take on a 6 year old show that was nearing its end of life, and instead wishing for a new show to kick off Disney Star Wars on TV.

TCW ending also had less to do with an overall decision, and more to do with the Disney XD channel not wanting to take on a 6 year old show that was nearing its end of life, and instead wishing for a new show to kick off Disney Star Wars on TV.

Where did you read this at? I've done a lot of reading and searching and never read anything that confirmed this, just a lot of speculating on a lot of boards. Nothing official to confirm either way why things ended the way that they did. At this point I just want to know for myself. Nothing is going to change that TCW is over. I'm not happy but I've moved on. I'm looking forward to the ST and all the new SW material it will bring. I want to see new ship designs in LEGO form because after almost 6 years, I'm tired of seeing edition after edition of the same vehicles.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

Where did you read this at? I've done a lot of reading and searching and never read anything that confirmed this, just a lot of speculating on a lot of boards. Nothing official to confirm either way why things ended the way that they did. At this point I just want to know for myself.

I doubt you'd find it anywhere officially, but CN wouldn't have renewed past six seasons even if Disney hadn't of bought SW. Pretty much as a rule they don't run shows past that number. They do rebrand occasionally and create a new show, but when they do that it never ends up being the same as the first version. CN is based solely around getting shows to the ideal syndication number, because that's where the profit really is. One way or the other it was on it's way out. Even if Disney wanted the show they would have rebranded it and made it a new show just for cost and profit reasons.

Edited by strangely

Hi rollermonkey, please bear in mind that most of the moderators have full time work or college and look after EB on a voluntary basis. I'm sure that Brickdoctor will update the front page when he has time. There are several links that we've included in the blog in the last few weeks, but I've included one below for FBTB which has some nice photos of the new sets: http://www.fbtb.net/...lego-star-wars/

Thanks, Lobot. That was actually the exact link I was looking for, but even searching for NYTF brought up 10 pages of results. :)

I'm a full-time engineering student, so I definitely understand the idea that posting on a website isn't the be-all, end-all.

Hi rollermonkey, please bear in mind that most of the moderators have full time work or college and look after EB on a voluntary basis. I'm sure that Brickdoctor will update the front page when he has time. There are several links that we've included in the blog in the last few weeks, but I've included one below for FBTB which has some nice photos of the new sets: http://www.fbtb.net/...lego-star-wars/

Ooh, thanks for that! I used to frequent FBTB all the time, but EB eventually replaced it as my primary go-to LEGO site, though I think about going back to spending more time there.

I really like all the August sets, except for the needless figure revision. It makes it incredibly frustrating to army-build any kind of uniformed troops. But I do like the set selection and contents otherwise, and this OT fan even finds himself wanting the non-OT stuff. I seriously want every one of those sets.

Very happy with the idea of the Ghost docking with the smaller fighter, and vicea versea. I think it will make for some very cool MOCs.

No way.

Nothing new to read for the last few days. To stay on topic - I just got hold of Admiral Piett, but I need one of the new caps coming out in the stardestroyer to make him look ultra cool. Here's hoping for more sets that will come with the new hat!

No way.

Nothing new to read for the last few days. To stay on topic - I just got hold of Admiral Piett, but I need one of the new caps coming out in the stardestroyer to make him look ultra cool. Here's hoping for more sets that will come with the new hat!

Those hats are honestly one of the biggest highlights of the summer wave for me! I just think that it took too long for TLC to change the hat design to this style (in the same way that it took too long to change the torso of the officer).