apg

A giant Lego minifigure standing 4,30m (14 feet) tall!

Hi all!

I'm from Portugal and I made a giant lego man. Althought not made with lego bricks, I think you would like to see.

cheers

Amadeu

What material is it constructed in? Is it paper? expanded styrene? foam rubber? The dimensions are excellently accurate given how large it is. I love that he's sitting on a giant Lego plate too. :thumbup:

That's an awesome float! I love how the studs on the plate he's sitting make seats for the kids. Very nice!

What material is it constructed in? Is it paper? expanded styrene? foam rubber? The dimensions are excellently accurate given how large it is. I love that he's sitting on a giant Lego plate too. :thumbup:

it has a steel structure, skin mesh made of 6mm steel bars, then covered with thick cardboard, some 2-way curves in the head were made with polyurethane foam and all surface topped with 10mm foam rubber (sponge), finally was painted with water based paint with colours made exactly as per the toy.

I have also to say that before start construction it was made a CAD drawing to preview the final dimensions and have scale capabilities. the tinny 32.5mm toy was magnified about 130x.

the cost of those materials was nothing compared with the labour hours spent on the make.

here I attach a pic of the main body skeleton.

cheers & thanks for comments ;)

post-73338-0-76751700-1374055029_thumb.jpg

Now I'm even MORE impressed that you matched the proportions so well. Stunning job.

I want that skeleton in my garden to grow creepers on.

forgot to say the head has a rotating movement capability (like looking to people in both sides) and the right hand too (like saying good-bye).

forgot to say the head has a rotating movement capability (like looking to people in both sides) and the right hand too (like saying good-bye).

Wha....?! Please tell me you have video.

Excellent! I would like to have seen that for real. I like that in your video someone is having to hold up a cable across he road for him to pass under, that made me smile. So what parade is he being used in and are there any future plans for him to make appearances in different towns, countries etc? What is the future of this man?

Wha....?! Please tell me you have video.

I had no time to shot videos because the logistics of parade althought not appearing, were hard. but I already ask some people who have videos of the LegoMan to bring me to produce other video with motion.

Excellent! I would like to have seen that for real. I like that in your video someone is having to hold up a cable across he road for him to pass under, that made me smile. So what parade is he being used in and are there any future plans for him to make appearances in different towns, countries etc? What is the future of this man?

well... that holding cable at that time was very upsetting, but after the problem was solved it also made me laugh and had a certain proud of making a "thing" so big :)

the parade was an annual Cavalhadas de Vildemoinhos in the city of Viseu, Portugal and the LegoMan by now is stored and disassembled in 5 parts: legs, chest, head and 2 arms. the green base was made only for the parade and was destroyed :( it has to be like that because of lack of space to store.

I am open to ideas to put the LegoMan elsewhere if somebody needs its spectacular presence. is a question of asking for it :)

I had no time to shot videos because the logistics of parade althought not appearing, were hard. but I already ask some people who have videos of the LegoMan to bring me to produce other video with motion.

Can't wait to see him looking and waving! Hee hee makes me happy just imagining it.

I am open to ideas to put the LegoMan elsewhere if somebody needs its spectacular presence. is a question of asking for it :)

In my ideal world, LegoMan would be at every AFOL event I go to :O) But obviously transport would be too expensive for most people, so hopefully the right person will hear about him and have money to bring him to their event. I have tweeted about him, doubt that will do much good, but you never know!

Wow, this is truly amazing! :wub_drool:

I would like to have something like that in our local carnival procession.

Double WoW! Very, very nice model with perfect proportions. What a monument to hard, hard work! Way to go!