Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

^ I think I will get it for my wife as really I want it for Unikitty and Executron

Just found out I get to see the film this Saturday and am wondering if I will change my plans for what sets to buy after seeing it

Cloud Cuckoo Palace is a necessity! The set is random, but yet has it's own way of seamlessly flowing together. It's also important to note that this is the cheapest set that includes both Emmet and Wyldstyle (its gonna be really hard to find after the movie is released for that reason alone). It also includes the only normal version of Unikitty, who is a fantastic brick-built figurine, as well as being exclusive to this set.

Cloud Cuckoo Palace is a necessity! The set is random, but yet has it's own way of seamlessly flowing together. It's also important to note that this is the cheapest set that includes both Emmet and Wyldstyle (its gonna be really hard to find after the movie is released for that reason alone). It also includes the only normal version of Unikitty, who is a fantastic brick-built figurine, as well as being exclusive to this set.

The Melting Room ($12.95 US) has Emmet and Wyldstyle, although she's hooded in that set. Alternatively, there's a Wyldstyle polybag coming, though nobody knows who will be selling it yet.

I can't imagine this movie NOT having a sequel. I do hope it's good.

Yes, The Lego Ninjago Movie. Movie products are big money, I don't think TLC won't do it again. But still, the TLM 1(?) could have been planned for years. Maybe another film wouldn't be announced before 2017.

But another movie doesn't necessarily mean to be a "sequel" that directly continue the protagonists or story, for that Lego should have diverse aspects to describe. Maybe the previous characters would only temporarily show up to tell the new characters what they should do in their own mission in order to be the new master builders. For me, I just hope that Friends or other unseen old Lego stories can be more involved in this movie or a second one. :sceptic:

Edited by Dorayaki

We are more than ready for this movie to start!

DSC05560_zps09179089.jpg

I'm jealous of that press release collectible tin. I decided to go and make my own little theater! Lord Business is annoyed that he can't see over Lincoln's head, though.

The Melting Room ($12.95 US) has Emmet and Wyldstyle, although she's hooded in that set. Alternatively, there's a Wyldstyle polybag coming, though nobody knows who will be selling it yet.

Umm... Yeah, are you slipping up Penkid? :grin:

As for Cloud Cuckoo Palace, I'd say buy it. The set has a bunch of great, rare pastel colors, and UniKitty's the best thing ever. :wink:

Speaking of which, it looks like TLG got inspiration from a certain game. :wink:

Edited by Lego Spy

Umm... Yeah, are you slipping up Penkid? :grin:

Nope.

Should have stated that it was the cheapest set to get Wyldstyle without hoodie (excluding the polybag, of course).

It was more or less info that I forgot to mention than loosing the very few brain cells I have left. :tongue:

I just bought The Melting Room and Bad Cop's Pursuit today. They are my first Lego Movie Theme sets and truly are amazing. In all honestly I bought them as more of an "appetizer" to the main event, none other then Metalbeard's Sea Cow. Let's just say that if a $12.95 set and a $29.99 set are this great, I can only imagine what the biggest and baddest around will be like.

I already made a post about the set earlier, but I'll repeat myself: I love that set. Three solid minifigs (My first Emmet, though definitely not my last), a substantial build considering the price and amount of pieces, and IMO definitely worth the price of admission.

What I'd like to know is if Cloud Cuckoo Palace is a good set. I know there's a review, but I'd like an insider's perspective. I'm drawn to it because of the figures (Unikitty, a different Emmet, Executron) but is the built itself worth it?

I can recommend Cloud Cuckoo Palace. The build isn't that complicated, and to do anything more with it might require more than one of the same set (since a lot of the parts of the set are rare or non-existent elsewhere). But it offers an experience quite unlike any other set. The bricks with bow work great as bubbly clouds, the candy-striped columns are quite clever, and the round tiles are used to great effect as candy-colored cobblestones. The colors add a lot of variety to your parts collection, even if you keep the set together—there are a ton of extra parts. In general, I wouldn't recommend Cloud Cuckoo Palace as something that would fit into any existing collection. But you should get it precisely for that reason: there's nothing else quite like it, and there's no telling when something similar will show up again.

Edited by Lyichir

I can't imagine this movie NOT having a sequel. I do hope it's good. I think that this movie is tapping into the same nostalgia factor as the Toy Story movies, and I'm guessing that there's going to be a deep moral message to the film (creativity versus conformity). One neat thing about the Toy Story films is that they revolved around different real-world aspects of toys. The original dealt with classic toys versus newer ones (Woody feared being replaced by Buzz). TS2 dealt with the value of toys--play versus mint collecting. (Woody dealing with being abandoned versus living in a museum.) The third dealt with passing on childhood toys (being put away or passed on).

I guess what I'm wondering is what TLM2 will concern itself with. If it's simply Legos vs. Lego instead of a deep theme that kids and AFOLs can relate to, it might not be very good.

Hopefully it's a vacuum. :tongue:

I can recommend Cloud Cuckoo Palace. The build isn't that complicated, and to do anything more with it might require more than one of the same set (since a lot of the parts of the set are rare or non-existent elsewhere). But it offers an experience quite unlike any other set. The bricks with bow work great as bubbly clouds, the candy-striped columns are quite clever, and the round tiles are used to great effect as candy-colored cobblestones. The colors add a lot of variety to your parts collection, even if you keep the set together—there are a ton of extra parts. In general, I wouldn't recommend Cloud Cuckoo Palace as something that would fit into any existing collection. But you should get it precisely for that reason: there's nothing else quite like it, and there's no telling when something similar will show up again.

I think I will get it next time I see it. Either that or Lord Business' lair, which for some reason isn't at my Walmart, but all of the other sets are. Strange.

Toys R Us (in USA) has a sale. 20% off Lego Movie, City, and Creator sets. Interestingly, TRU has NOT raised the prices of the LEGO Movie sets. They are the same MSRP price as Walmart and Target.

I bought 70813 Rescue Reinforcements for $59.

Im waiting and hoping in a month or two, TRU will have its BOGO 50% off and I will get the Cop Pursuit and Garbage truck sets.

Also I dont know if it has been mentioned but if you pre-order the LEGO Movie Video at gamestop, you get a hispanic Emmet minifig. Also AMC theaters said Feb7-9 if you buy 3D RealD tickets with AMC stubs, you get a Robot DJ minifig.

amc_dj10.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

So is Cloud Cuckoo Palace going to be the low-cost breakout set of the series? I'm noticing fewer of them in stores and wondering if the kids will snap it up as a cheap way of getting Emmet, Wyldestyle, and Unikitty in one set. The Target near me had one left; the Wal-Mart near me didn't have any. I'm wondering if I should get it now before it vanishes (shades of 2013's Advent Calendars!).

Its not just a cheap way to get Wyldstyle. It seems to be the ONLY way to get that version of her. (I don't like the hood or dress as much)

Its not just a cheap way to get Wyldstyle. It seems to be the ONLY way to get that version of her. (I don't like the hood or dress as much)

She's also in the (fantastic) Super-Cycle Chase.

Geez, Pajama Emmet and RoboDJ are gonna cost me some money. I'm paying for my family's tickets as well and I'm planning on seeing the movie again in another theater by myself so I can get both figures. That means I'll be spending $70 or so for 5 tickets. Granted that also includes a 3D movie too but still, that's quite a lot for me.

And then a couple of months later, I'll be paying $100 or so for Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, Spaceship! It never ends!! :laugh:

I think I will get it next time I see it. Either that or Lord Business' lair, which for some reason isn't at my Walmart, but all of the other sets are. Strange.

Ugh.... I had to order that as a site to store shipment....it took forever and was a big pain...It looks like bot walmart and target are not carrying the larger sets in store.

Ugh.... I had to order that as a site to store shipment....it took forever and was a big pain...It looks like bot walmart and target are not carrying the larger sets in store.

I know what you mean. The biggest set I saw for The Lego Movie was the Flying Flusher (Which is a Wally World exclusive, IIRC), but no Lord Business' Lair. They had plenty of Getaway Gliders, Melting Rooms, Cloud Cuckoo Palaces, and Bad Cop Pursuits on the shelves, along with the new Ninjago and Chima stuff. Very odd, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise, so I don't splurge on the set the first time I see it. :grin: