just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

C'mon lego, clayface with 3 sets of arms would be nice, 1 pair normal, another his hands are hammers, and another, well thats what lego is good at! Making things!

If we ever got Clayface I doubt he would have removable hands. No other Minifigure in history as far as I'm aware of has come with a second set if hands to swap in and out. Plus given LEGOs recent relapse in quality the Minifigure arms would crack the second time you swapped the arms over. Certain characters like Clayface, Sandman and Mister Fantastic powers don't translate well in to LEGO. If we ever got Clayface ( hope we don't) he would most likely look similar to how he does in the games. Which is terrible as I always thought looks like something from the toilet.

When we get Clayface,I bet he'll be a big minifig like Hulk was,even though I don't think that Hulk is very Lego-like and why I have the minifig Hulk instead,you understand right?

Wat.

I know right?

Why isn't this topic split up in a dc superheroes 2014 and a marvel superheroes 2014? I don't care about all those dc sets, i want to know about marvel sets. It would save the people who are only interested in one side of the superheroes-series (like me, the marvel-side) a whole lot of time.

Plus i think that there is a little too much speculation and wishfull thinking going on over here ( and i know it's all enthusiasm people ), but it blurs this topic so the actual rumours are becoming hard to find.

There are very few 'actual' rumors. When there are, you can usually tell that people are directly talking about some new list or some new pictures, and it only takes a few pages to trace it back (or you can always ask and somebody can probably re-post the link).

Why isn't this topic split up in a dc superheroes 2014 and a marvel superheroes 2014? I don't care about all those dc sets, i want to know about marvel sets. It would save the people who are only interested in one side of the superheroes-series (like me, the marvel-side) a whole lot of time.

Plus i think that there is a little too much speculation and wishfull thinking going on over here ( and i know it's all enthusiasm people ), but it blurs this topic so the actual rumours are becoming hard to find.

It's fine how it is in my opinion, besides they don't split the Star Wars 2014 thread into Original, Prequel and Clone wars threads.

Aanchir, it hasn't been confirmed that anything will be branded with "Beware the Batman". The Riddler Chase has some elements that are obviously inspired by it but it also includes Riddler and Flash and neither are featured in that show to my knowledge. It's entirely possible that inspiration will be as far as it goes with the cartoon affecting the sets. This would mean, of course, that there would be no significant difference in overall aesthetics of the minifigures.

I don't know if any of the sets carry explicit Beware the Batman branding, but the Riddler Chase set, as you mention, draws heavy inspiration for it with both the gold-colored windscreen of that Batmobile and the entire design of Batman's costume in that set. That could imply that there will be other sets that draw inspiration from the cartoon. But you have a good point that the Flash in that set is separate from the cartoon and follows the regular minifigure design standards, which makes me happy.

Of course, that set uses a Tr. Bright Orange windscreen to achieve that gold look, which definitely throws my theory on the windscreens into question, unless of course that was just a preliminary design feature specific to the one displayed at Comic-Con. Guess we'll find out next year.

I'll be honest: I had almost completely forgotten about that set in my attempt to avoid having to follow too many speculation topics. Looking at photos now, I like that the Riddler gets a gold-colored crowbar as his riddle cane. It's much better than the red-colored crowbar in his last appearance which merely resembled... a crowbar.

Even if the Riddler hasn't appeared in Beware the Batman yet (I'll be honest, I haven't followed any superhero cartoons in a long time, but he's not showing up in a Google image search), I wouldn't discount the minifigure being based on a future Beware the Batman appearance, since I don't recognize that racing suit from any of his other appearances. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and point me towards an image I can use for comparison!

Even if the Riddler hasn't appeared in Beware the Batman yet (I'll be honest, I haven't followed any superhero cartoons in a long time, but he's not showing up in a Google image search), I wouldn't discount the minifigure being based on a future Beware the Batman appearance, since I don't recognize that racing suit from any of his other appearances. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and point me towards an image I can use for comparison!

The creators of the show explicitly stated that they would not use any A-list Batman baddies. Sure, that could change down the line, but since the show is still rather new I don't think Riddler would be coming any time soon.

I'd suspect the racing outfit just comes out of LEGO's imagination, and was probably OK'd by DC (if that's how it works for this License) just because… why not? Plenty of baddies have sported a lot of different outfits over the years.

I have to agree on the split thread thing, although I would still check into the DC thread but not as often... As for the speculation part, I find it fun to speculate with my fellow Lego fans but it could not be more obvious that I lean Marvel's way.

October 19 at Toys R Us in the states, spend $20? On DC Lego sets and you get that red robin cycle poly bag.

$20? On Marvel Lego sets and you get the iron man poly bag.

Source is in AD which I cannot locate so someone please do the honor!!

No, I like it being all one thread. I like Batman and the Batman sets the most (Superman's good too) but I also don't mind taking a look at sets from marvel whilst I'm snooping around, to see what interests me, I might miss something good if it was on a different thread.

I would like the red robin cycle wonder if we will see it in the UK

And don't split up this topic I am sure most people are interested in both even if they like one better, can we not just add it into the LOTRs topic so I only have to look in one place. :tongue:

The topic will stay as it is. Please discuss set news and rumors here. If you have suggestions about the forum, either PM me or start a thread in Website and Forum.

Does anyone know if any sets or pictures were shown at Brickcon today?

The restaurant was revealed at Brickcon

What?

The Parisian restaurant modular building was revealed today. High resolution images were sent to all AFOL sites (including eurobricks). In other words, no superheroes news.

Pictures where are you...................

Please don't post like this again. Patience is a virtue. If you don't have something constructive to add to the topic, don't post.

Pictures where are you...................

I don't think it will be that long to wait until we see pictures. But I only say that because we got pictures for last years winter wave last October.

Edited by Legoman123

Please don't post like this again. Patience is a virtue. If you don't have something constructive to add to the topic, don't post.

Judging by the sentence under your photo you don't seem that constructive. And my post was a question, as you can see someone answered.

Judging by the sentence under your photo you don't seem that constructive. And my post was a question, as you can see someone answered.

We'll have a private talk, then.

I'd like to remind everyone that it does no good to ask where pictures are. Pictures will appear in their own time. Spamming this thread will not make them get here any faster.