just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Sure thing;

http://en.wikipedia....:_Beyond_Gotham

He might be unlockable but not playable, which means he won't be present in any of the missions of story mode.

I think that list is just confirmed characters. Im sure as more characters are announced they will edit the box. I think this is just a case of a misunderstanding.

Well I still don't think he'll be in story mode. Game of focused on Justice League.

@The Joker1 is right. This happened to Lego Marvel Superheroes as well. But just because we get a character in story mode or not, doesn't mean they're going to be in a future set. Mr. Fantastic has a prominent role in Lego Marvel Superheroes but we have yet to get a set with him.

Green Arrow's also a member of the JLA.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Green Arrow's also a member of the JLA.

The game apparently doesn't consider him a member. There was an achievement for the game called "Justice League", where you had to obtain the members of the JLA in the game. The achievement is completed by getting Batman, Robin, Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Hawkman. I have no idea they consider Hawkman a member, but not GA. :wacko:

The link here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/655773-lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes/answers?qid=326356

The game apparently doesn't consider him a member. There was an achievement for the game called "Justice League", where you had to obtain the members of the JLA in the game. The achievement is completed by getting Batman, Robin, Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Hawkman. I have no idea they consider Hawkman a member, but not GA. :wacko:

The link here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/655773-lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes/answers?qid=326356

That doesn't mean they don't consider him a member of the justice league, it's because he wasn't in the game. Now after LOTR and Lego Marvel TT games have special mechanics for archers, which they didn't properly have for LEGO Batman 2.

Most of the characters in the Justice League in that game can fly, due to that being the new mechanic added to the game. With the advancements made now GA can be included and have meaningful purpose.

Since comic con is coming in the next few weeks I'm guessing that TT will announce a ton of new characters just like they did last year. Also just because a character isn't included doesn't mean they don't like them or don't consider them a proper member or whatever, it means they have nothing meaningful for them to do in that game.

Isn't the Batarang the DC targeting mechanic? We don't really need arrows if the targets can be hit with something else. Although it was nice to have the arrows used to create acrobat poles.

Isn't the Batarang the DC targeting mechanic? We don't really need arrows if the targets can be hit with something else. Although it was nice to have the arrows used to create acrobat poles.

Plus, they could've used the mechanic they used for Huntress.

Guys you are missing the point. By Justice League member we (or at least I) mean current ones, NEW 52. Otherwise I know Justice League suppose to have almost all of DC characters as members. That does not change anything about Green Arrow. The assumption about the game is simply this;

It is based of NEW 52 Justice League, which does not have Green Arrow as a member. And so far, he's not one of the characters we are going to play as one in story mode too. He "might" be announced as one of the story mode characters later on. But for now he's probably just an unlockable character with gold bricks. I hope this sums it up.

Has Robin been a member of ANY incarnation of the Justice League? Traditionally Green Arrow was the first new member added to the League after it's founding. (Followed by Atom then Hawkman).

He's also one of the easiest Minifigs for Lego to do, given that they already have the parts for pretty much any version of him. And weirdly he is one of DC's more recognizable characters. He is like Marvels Ghost Rider or Doctor Strange. Most non comic fans know nothing of his story or adventures. But they do recognize the character and know his name. Which, combined with his now fairly steady presense on TV should increase the chances that we might see him in a set. Besides he is a hero that uses accessories. A bow, hood or hat and quiver. Which make for a more interesting fig with better play value. I mean we got Aquaman...

Edited by Faefrost

I like to have him but I'm not too crazy about his minifig since it is such a simple model.

Edited by Dharkan

Whatever the case is, it is irrelevant to the sets. Unfortunately, if LEGO is giving Green Arrow the shaft in the game, then a physical release (in a widely available set) is unlikely.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Since there are no DC movies next year, I believe it will be our chance to see some great sets with a wide variety of minifigures. Plenty of Bats, of course but still :P

Wait, did news already come out? Or are we still speculating?

It´s as good as confirmed with all those sites talking about it, the only sites that don´t say it´s the Tumbler are some less known ones talking about a Lego Movie set, probably only as click-bait so you guys link their blog here.

By the way, Green Arrow is not even one of the playable characters in LB3:BG

Sure thing;

http://en.wikipedia....:_Beyond_Gotham

He might be unlockable but not playable, which means he won't be present in any of the missions of story mode.

What a great game this will be with 20 playable characters even though the game designers announced 150 in the same page you linked.

Green Arrows actor tweeted a couple days ago that he is doing voice work as Green Arrow for a video game. The only other DC game in production is Arkham Knight (which has it´s voice work already completed, since it should have come out this year and voice work is the first thing you do). They did something similar for Lego Marvel too with Coulson having his actor as VA. An appearance in Lego Batman is pretty much confirmed, which doesn´t in turn confirm a set release since we are also still waiting for Coulson minifig but Green Arrow has at least a better case of being made than most other DC characters.

He should be right behind the JL from the games trailer in the line of characters who get sets.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

^ It was accidental, but I left the phrasing as is, because I realized the pun. But if it is true that GA is likely to be in the game, the attention DC has given him recently makes him a good release candidate after GL is released.

They most likely have already had SDCC exclusives already made. The designers already need to know what figures not to include in sets.