just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Basically, big fig sets seem to really stick out from the "usual" price-per-piece ratio we see. Sets with new smaller parts usually don't- no one seemed to see the Riddler Chase set's price (with Flash's new hat, new minifig prints on every figure, etc) and think "wow, what happened there" like with the X-Jet. It's all about perception.

It's a smaller set, thus it will likely sell more. That right there makes a difference. Lego will move larger volumes of cheaper sets than they would bigger sets, so they can add new molds into those sets easily without it affecting the price greatly.

Also you have to figure in how often that piece can be reused, Batgirl and Wolverine will likely appear again using those pieces (Easily recolored to fit whatever variation), so the cost of those molds will be spread across multiple sets in the long run. Flash is less likely to be reused, but that one seemed to be made of cheaper materials, so it evens out. Bigfigs like Green Goblin and the LOTR stuff ends up being so costly because they'll rarely if ever be used again (Let's face it, was there a clamor for ultimate Goblin to begin with?). With molds like that Lego wants to get everything out of it they can in the first run. Hulk has the potential to be used every few years, so he as a bigfig doesn't drive the prices as high as the other bigfigs.

It's a smaller set, thus it will likely sell more. That right there makes a difference. Lego will move larger volumes of cheaper sets than they would bigger sets, so they can add new molds into those sets easily without it affecting the price greatly.

Also you have to figure in how often that piece can be reused, Batgirl and Wolverine will likely appear again using those pieces (Easily recolored to fit whatever variation), so the cost of those molds will be spread across multiple sets in the long run. Flash is less likely to be reused, but that one seemed to be made of cheaper materials, so it evens out. Bigfigs like Green Goblin and the LOTR stuff ends up being so costly because they'll rarely if ever be used again (Let's face it, was there a clamor for ultimate Goblin to begin with?). With molds like that Lego wants to get everything out of it they can in the first run. Hulk has the potential to be used every few years, so he as a bigfig doesn't drive the prices as high as the other bigfigs.

I feel like we're disagreeing with each other but still making the same general points. :tongue:

This rumour appeared at brickset forum also with new set creator set based on waltzer fairground attraction (Similar to carousel set).And Mini Cooper UCS confirmation.

The UCS Tumbler has been moc'd up. The license hasn't yet been sorted, but the concept is there in readiness.

So lego has made UCS tumbler, but probably isnt officialy prepared for 2014 release.Next year release, I hope for January as Arkham asylum set, make more sense.

I believe in this, because next year is 10 years anniversary of first Nolan´s Batman trilogy movie and exclusive celebration set of well known batman property from this trilogy is big opportunity.Also in this time including rumour we have 8 known exclusive sets(4 creators, 2 star wars, 1 Simpsons and 1 Movie set).Maybe there will be also winter set.So this reached regular exclusive sets count of year.

What do you think?For me, it make sense.

Edited by Ondra

This rumour appeared at brickset forum also with new set creator set based on waltzer fairground attraction (Similar to carousel set).And Mini Cooper UCS confirmation.

The UCS Tumbler has been moc'd up. The license hasn't yet been sorted, but the concept is there in readiness.

So lego has made UCS tumbler, but probably isnt officialy prepared for 2014 release.Next year release, I hope for January as Arkham asylum set, make more sense.

I believe in this, because next year is 10 years anniversary of first Nolan´s Batman trilogy movie and exclusive celebration set of well known batman property from this trilogy is big opportunity.Also in this time including rumour we have 8 known exclusive sets(4 creators, 2 star wars, 1 Simpsons and 1 Movie set).Maybe there will be also winter set.So this reached regular exclusive sets count of year.

What do you think?For me, it make sense.

4 creators? I counted the Parisian, Maersk ship, 2 star wars ones, Simpsons, Movie and a (almost) definite winter set making 7. Usually we have 8 (one every other month plus an extra at the start / beginning of the year. So we can really only expect one more and the 2 licence themes are filled (if you count the lego movie), So we are to expect a big creator set (quite possibly a mini?) and unfortunately not a tumbler. Cheers :wink:

New rumour is some kind of lunapark attraction, probably another creator expert.

New rumour is some kind of lunapark attraction, probably another creator expert.

Oh ok, I guess the park could just be a big set as opposed to an exclusive, Or maybe even a winter Lunapark??? While the other set (as you say maybe a mini) could fill the final exclusive spot.

XMen figures are a bit...lazy. Star Wars figures are mind blowing and the X Men ones just seem a bit...phoned in. Cyclops anyone?

As a minifigure I think Cyclops is fine. The only issue I have is they went with one of his more boring costumes. There's no detail on the suit and I've never liked the "head condom" look he has in the comics. At least with the 90s costume the exposed hair and utility harness makes him stand out a bit.

Its interesting how similar the printing on the minifigure is to the video game version. Makes me wonder if we were originally going to get the Astonishing outfit over the Second Generation one.

2jcsfw1.jpg

Cyclops looks awesome! Wolverine's Mask? Storm? Magneto? The Sentinel? Not so awesome.

And after TLM, I was hoping GL that we'll get will be the SDCC fig. But, if we get a comics one(probably this year as Flash and Robin are from this year), I won't complain.

Edit: Just noticed all 'real' figures are the same as their LED counterparts.So if we get Lantern, he'll have: Wait for it.

Wait for it.

WAIT FOR IT!

:sing:: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSS! ( :grin:)

Edited by korpen4444

Guardians of the Galaxy trailer tomorrow night on Jimmy Kimmel with Chris Pratt!!!

higard3.jpg

and unfortunately not a tumbler. Cheers :wink:

I'm not going to get my hopes up but I don't think the Brick Show would lie considering how many angry fans they'd have...

I'm not going to get my hopes up but I don't think the Brick Show would lie considering how many angry fans they'd have...

Everything indicates, that UCS Tumbler exist(And you can probably see it in one already posted video) and is planning to release but IMO not this year...Fans will be angry for sure, but this is BS fail that stated 2014 release as some dogma.

And after TLM, I was hoping GL that we'll get will be the SDCC fig. But, if we get a comics one(probably this year as Flash and Robin are from this year), I won't complain.

I'd rather have the comic Green Lantern over the movie SDCC Green Lantern any day. If they do put the boots on GL's minifig, then that will indeed be good news.

I would love a Sinestro minifig but you know how that is...

I'd rather have the comic Green Lantern over the movie SDCC Green Lantern any day. If they do put the boots on GL's minifig, then that will indeed be good news.

The SDCC Fig is cool. But comic style would fit with the other Leaguers.

I agree on a comic GL over the SDCC one. Pretty excited seeing that picture of the LED light, actually.

As for Sin - We can always hope for a Green Lantern that includes Sinestro (I'm just wondering how Batman would fit in, since he would obviously be there ;) ).

Cyclops looks awesome! Wolverine's Mask? Storm? Magneto? The Sentinel? Not so awesome.

Edit: Just noticed all 'real' figures are the same as their LED counterparts.So if we get Lantern, he'll have: Wait for it.

Wait for it.

WAIT FOR IT!

Looking at the printing on the Green Lantern torch, it looks extremely similar to something LEGO would produce. There's none of the all round boot printing that TT games use, instead they've printed the upper legs on the front. LEGO tends to do this which to me at least indicates that this is based on a pre existing mini figure, not made by TT games. It's still possible that whatever set we were to get Green Lantern in was delayed, with the change up with next years sets.

Personally I prefer this boot printing as the all round printed boots look like Customs and not like LEGO designs.

Looking at the printing on the Green Lantern torch, it looks extremely similar to something LEGO would produce. There's none of the all round boot printing that TT games use, instead they've printed the upper legs on the front. LEGO tends to do this which to me at least indicates that this is based on a pre existing mini figure, not made by TT games. It's still possible that whatever set we were to get Green Lantern in was delayed, with the change up with next years sets.

Personally I prefer this boot printing as the all round printed boots look like Customs and not like LEGO designs.

He still has boots. :grin: That's all I care!

Why would they give GL boots, but not Flash? I don't mean to suggest that GL won't have them, but it's strange.... :sceptic:

Why Lego makes any decision they do with this line, when it comes to leg printing, is an enigma.

As for Sin - We can always hope for a Green Lantern that includes Sinestro (I'm just wondering how Batman would fit in, since he would obviously be there ;) ).

I've got it........ Sinestro Corps Batman!!!

Oh yeah. It's going to be Spacesuit Batman and Green Lantern vs. the Joker's starfighter. :wink:

(space Batman would be kinda neat actually) I'm pretty much going to take that GL keychain as confirmation of a Green Lantern fig coming soon. I might actually buy some of these keychains this time (I usually don't get stuff like that) since they've got 3 of my favorite superheroes: Robin, Flash, and Green Lantern. The big question is which one...

As a minifigure I think Cyclops is fine. The only issue I have is they went with one of his more boring costumes. There's no detail on the suit and I've never liked the "head condom" look he has in the comics. At least with the 90s costume the exposed hair and utility harness makes him stand out a bit.

Its interesting how similar the printing on the minifigure is to the video game version. Makes me wonder if we were originally going to get the Astonishing outfit over the Second Generation one.

Yep, the lack of detail is severely disappointing. It's surprising what a few yellow lines can do. Maybe we can use the torso for other X-Men?

Wait for it.

WAIT FOR IT!

Did you say... BOOTS?

I wasn't a big fan of the Green Lantern costume in the movie (I get that it was supposed to be, like, semi-biotic, but it was way over complicated, especially in minifig form) so a comic-style Green Lantern will most definitely make me pee my pants. Once I have him and Martian Manhunter, I'll have a satisfactory Justice League! Albeit, I was expecting Cyborg and not MM, but I'm not disappointed in the slightest. (What if in the next wave we have an obligatory Batman and Green Lantern team-up against Sinestro AND a set with Cyborg and a returning Justice Leaguer (I was thinking Flash, but since he's already on the market it wouldn't make much sense business-wise)(Did I just use parentheses inside parentheses? Whatever) to fight at STAR Labs!? Maybe finally go off against my ever-so-sought-after Gorilla Grodd figure?)

Edited by LuxorV